Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Prototype is $5, didn't notice that. Opinions? Morgoth? Day one purchase?

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Condemned (or "Hobo Murder Simulator 3000") is terrible but hilarious enough to probably be worth £5, I downloaded it a couple of weeks back looking for scary games to play. Second-last level is kind of awesome and actually scary, but other than that it's just the most ridiculously scripted, linear, boring thing I've played in a long time. The plot is absolutely goddamn ridiculous. Buy if your idea of horror is naked hobo-ninjas that aren't really there materialising around you in a circle and dancing.

mugarod

Liturgist
Project: Eternity
Hell Yeah has a demo. Re: Divinity 2 Developer's Cut, they added it free to anyone who already owned DKS.
I saw a video with Hell Yeah! first level and it reminded me a bit of Earthworm Jim wackiness. It seemed interesting but I am just wondering if anyone actually played the whole thing and liked it or not.
Also just noticed that DR2 off the record is not on sale so will probably wait with buying that one. Alice only it probably is.
Prototype was good fun for several hours if you want to play an unbeatable angry cunt. I enjoyed blowing shit up and slaughtering everything to little pieces but it gets to the point where it just becomes to samey and boring. For 5$ you will probably get your money worth and more, but it is very easy game, autoaim and everything.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Condemned (or "Hobo Murder Simulator 3000")

So what you're saying is it's a video game adaptation of my Friday nights. :dance:

Hmm I think I now see why TripJack enjoys the oneliner dance combo
It probably doesn't help that I first played it drunk and ran around beating the fleeing hobos with lead pipes screaming "I'M MITT ROMNEY" and "TRICKLE DOWN ECONOMICS". Fortunately, a plot twist reveals that the developers literally think all poor people are violent psychopaths by nature, so I don't think I was far off the right mindset.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Condemned (or "Hobo Murder Simulator 3000")

So what you're saying is it's a video game adaptation of my Friday nights. :dance:

Hmm I think I now see why TripJack enjoys the oneliner dance combo
It probably doesn't help that I first played it drunk and ran around beating the fleeing hobos with lead pipes screaming "I'M MITT ROMNEY" and "TRICKLE DOWN ECONOMICS".

Wow it really is like my Friday nights then.:dance:

Turjan

Arcane
but also my Divinity II: DKS game got converted to some other format when I started it.
That's some Steam back-end nonsense. They recently changed something with how Steam handles downloads/patches/installs, which means some games you have installed get checked and updated to whatever the new system is. As an added bonus you can install Steam games outside of the Steam folder now.
Ah, I see, thx. I now downloaded the "Developer's Cut". Now I can play in "Normal Mode" or in "Developer Mode". I guess the latter is a "make the game as you go" approach :D.

Turjan

Is that Gustav McPherson in your avatar?
Indeed, it is, good sir. It's one of the avatars that usually come with GOG versions of games (Still Life in this case).

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Prototype is $5, didn't notice that. Opinions? Morgoth? Day one purchase?
Console port, if you already have a controller you'll probably like it, it's a pretty enjoyable open world super powered ass kick fest. Lacked some of the polish of inFamous that was released at the same time and was pretty much the same thing. Allow me to channel Cleve for a moment, In Prototype, you can jumpkick helicopters.
But if you have no controller move along, nothing to see here :obviously:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I have one but I can only tolerate using it for 2D platformers not 3rd person action games so I guess that settles it.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
So I am Alive is 25% off,should I get it now or wait for the Chriistmas sale hoping for a better deal?

Multi-headed Cow

So I am Alive is 25% off,should I get it now or wait for the Chriistmas sale hoping for a better deal?
I'd say wait. Reviews were a bit so-so on it and it'll surely be cheaper come Christmas.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Bought Zombie Driver HD because it looks like a cheap thrill. Also looking at Scratches, some point and click spookfest.

Multi-headed Cow

Zombie Driver's fun. No idea what's different in the "HD" (what the fuck are you doing calling it hd, developer) version but the base game is good if you like doing score attack stuff.

Turjan

Arcane
There are several Indiegala bundles available today only, all with Steam keys. One contains Scratches, Vigil, Post Mortem and Trapped Dead for $4.99, one three Painkiller games for $4.99 (or 2 for less), one with Sacred Gold, Ghost Master and Darkfall for $3.99, and a Zombie Bundle for $2.99.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Ah, thanks. That's some interesting stuff to sift through. Trapped Dead seems alright for a Commands-with zombies. Not sure about the others.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Would be nice if they let me buy things through PayPal without having to register an account there first like most sites do.

Turjan

Arcane
Would be nice if they let me buy things through PayPal without having to register an account there first like most sites do.
You can do that with their normal bundles, like the current Bundle #10. On the other hand, you can use the points you earn from buying bundles later at the store.

Edit: Not sure what happened, but I paid $1.99 for the Painkiller Bundle and got all three games instead of only two. Whatever.

Multi-headed Cow

Hmm. Considering picking up Cargo Commander. Randomly generated action platformer, vaguely Spelunky-like it appears. Has bones levels too, if you're playing a "Sector" (Random maps seed basically) that other people have played you can find and loot their corpses. Neat.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/cargo-commander/ Can be had for $6 on GMG, $8 discounted price and then the code GMG25-UAAHK-6AI9S knocks it down to $6. Plus I've still got store credit there from Xcom.

Video a guy made showing it off. Starts easy but seems to ramp the difficulty up nicely, and the random containers randomly colliding seems like it can make some interesting situations. Tempting!
Edit: Plus since it has a publisher it may not end up in an indie bundle for a nickel. Maybe. It would be downright irresponsible of me to do anything but buy this game immediately.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom