Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

TFTD extender

Tycho525

Educated
I just wanted to let everyone know that I just released a new version of TFTDextender.

Version 1.04:
  • All battlescape animations can be slowed down.
  • All underwater items can now be used on land (e.g. fly with Magnetic Ion armor).
  • Better chance to get a Cargo Ship Terror Mission rather than only Cruise Liners.
  • Soldiers will not go MIA if they are MCed when mission ends successfully.
  • Deep One attack fixed and no longer resembles the Celatid Spit.
  • Bio-Drone no longer burns the ground like the Silacoid.
  • Single Stage Ship Missions.
  • Auto-equip problems with multiple stage missions fixed.
  • Executable should now be stand alone and not require MS VC++ Redistrutable (in theory).
http://www.strategycore.co.uk/forums/topic/9867-tftdextender-1x/
http://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=TFTDextender

Tycho525

Educated
New version of the Extender is now available:

Version 1.05:
  • * Fixes a problem with Liner and Cargo ship mission not handling the summary report correctly if the player aborts or loses the mission.
  • * Fixes a problem where not all stats were being moved when swapping soldiers' positions in craft.
  • * Fixes a minor problem with the decrease buttons on the manufacture screen when Autosell is enabled.
  • * The manufacturing screen will not let you assign more technicians to a project than the maximum. Same as in ''Enemy Unknown''.
  • * Improved function on cursor clipping. Two modes available: 1-battlescape only 2-constant.
  • * Improved Gauss Tank: Armor is improved but requires research into Aqua Plastics and plastics are needed for production.
  • * Displacer's sonic cannon damage is corrected and now matches the Sonic Oscillator.

version 1.05 patch 1:
  • Aircraft will now automatically engage an airborne target when it reaches water. Barracuda will automatically follow and intercept a very deep USO once it reaches a shallower depth. The only time a player will receive the "Mission too deep" message is if they dispatch a Triton to a site in very deep water.
  • Units that die after their body is moved and later caught in an explosion, will have their corpse appear where the body was killed rather than where the unit initially when unconscious.
  • Particle Disturbance Detector animation has been slowed.
  • Fixed an issue with save equipment that prevented some units from being reequipped.
  • Fixed an error that prevent access to the Leviathan research topic when playing with alternate tech level 3.
  • Fixed End Of Battle routine:
    • Units MCed when the last alien is killed will not become MIA.
    • For aborted missions, all units will be checked for MIA status solely based on their position on the map. Units MCed or unconscious in the Xcraft at the time of aborting, will not be MIA.
    • On multiple-stage missions:
      • Units that are unconscious when the last alien is killed will continue to the next stage.
      • All units will have their energy and morale restored to full and stun level reset.
      • Each unit will receive a small amount of healing (up to a maximum of 10 points) and the severity of any active fatal wounds will be lowered (to a minimum of 1 for each location).
    • [''This was already in-game but only occurred on ship missions, I just expanded it to include all multiple-stage missions''.]

http://www.strategycore.co.uk/forums/topic/9867-tftd-extender
http://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=User:Morgan525

Micmu

Magister
Does this extender do something about horrible, mind-numbingly boring and big alien bases that are for some reason always filled with just lobsters?
Because this is the only reason I played TFTD only thrice or so, while UFO about 1000 times.

Tycho525

Educated
Does this extender do something about horrible, mind-numbingly boring and big alien bases that are for some reason always filled with just lobsters?
Because this is the only reason I played TFTD only thrice or so, while UFO about 1000 times.
I've been working on reducing the size of the second stage.

Micmu

Magister
I've been working on reducing the size of the second stage.
Great! Those bases were really really annoying.
If it's possible, try to make them to be populated by random aliens, not just always lobstermen.
Anyway, great work, especially since you are not modifying the original source code!
I think I'll give it a go soon.

Tycho525

Educated
I've released a few patches since my last update here:

patch 4 (requires v1.05 and includes fixes from all previous patches)

* Save Equipment now functions properly
* Clip weight issues fixed: All clips loaded into weapons will have their weight assigned to the weapon's owner. When the weapon is thrown or dropped, the clip weight will be removed as well.
* Fixed problem with items on sub floor disappearing when mission aborted.
* Fixed problem where the Gauss Tank becomes a Gas Cannon when tank is removed from craft after a battle due to insufficient ammo.
* fixed problem with inability to assign technicians to build Leviathan with the manufacturing limit rate fix enabled.
* fixed problem with not being able to enable waypoints when firing the PWT launcher on land if using the mod that allow one to do so.
* fixed issue with crash on second stage of artifact sites.
* added options for localization of text used in the equipment screen. See description in Equipment section on Extender's main information page.
* Extender now requires MS VC 2008 Redist. installed since it seems to run better under Windows 7.
* Fixed problem where production materials where being removed from the wrong base due to Manufacturing Limit Fix.
* Clips loaded into weapons that were dropped on the battlescape will not be incorrectly given to the player when a mission is aborted.
* The mod for OBDATA.DAT now works correctly.
* MCed units rendered unconscious will have the MCed effects reversed.
* Displacer/Sonic turrent damage changed to 130 to keep it the same damage as per the in-game UFOpaedia.

version 1.05 patch 1.1 (requires v1.05p1)

* Recompiled dll that requires MS VC 2008 Redist. installed. Seems to run better under Windows 7.

Lightknight

Liturgist
So how about that keyboard scrolling ? There's all kinds of pointless hotkeys support, but no scrolling.

Lord Chambers

Erudite
You are tireless. One of these days I'm going to reinstall and play through the game in all its true glory, without the bugs I know and never knew. And upon my deathbed I will tell my grandchildren who Tycho525 was, and how he saved the world.

Tycho525

Educated
Version 1.06.

New in this version:

* Know Thy Enemy: Damage will be capped until the aliens' vital points have been discovered via autopsies. There is a small chance of a "lucky shot" that will bypass the cap for each successful hit.
* Smaller Maps for both random Alien sub missions and Alien colony's stage 2.
* Increased variety of aliens that guard or populate an alien colony.
* Improved detectors to help aquanauts find those pesky aliens hiding under the beds or in the closets.
* Revised P.W.T. ammo production requirements to reflect a logical correlation to each platform's weapon damage.
* The game executable can now be specified in the [loader] section of the game's INI file.
* Craft Gauss Cannon's maximum ammo increased to 100 and base rearm rate increase to 50 rounds per hour.
* Base rearm rate for Ajax torpedoes increased to 2 rounds per hour.
* 'Craft Always Ready' mod changed to 'Craft Ready State' with two options: =1 Always ready, =2 Damaged craft are grounded.
* Option to modify the weapon selections for Aquatoids. Replaces the sonic cannon with a sonic rifle or pistol, depending on rank.
* Option to reduce the area of effect for thermal shok bombs.
Currently file available at: http://www.strategycore.co.uk/forums/topic/9867-tftd-extender/page__st__220#entry120132

Tycho525

Educated
So how about that keyboard scrolling ? There's all kinds of pointless hotkeys support, but no scrolling.

I'll keep it in mind but right now that's a little outside my area of knowledge. It might happen eventually. :)

Just saw this page's update. Nice work.

Is a source available? At one point in the past I modified the XCOM extender to add more options on the Range Based Accuracy section. I added an option to scale down the range on Aimed Shots (essential IMO to prevent uber snipers with rocket launchers having 100% accuracy from across the map) and a user-configurable dropoff rate per tile for accuracy. I find it massively improves balance and use it for all XCOM games. I'd like to add something similar here.

Tycho525

Educated

Is a source available? At one point in the past I modified the XCOM extender to add more options on the Range Based Accuracy section. I added an option to scale down the range on Aimed Shots (essential IMO to prevent uber snipers with rocket launchers having 100% accuracy from across the map) and a user-configurable dropoff rate per tile for accuracy. I find it massively improves balance and use it for all XCOM games. I'd like to add something similar here.

If you send me the changes, I'll look at them and see if I can work them into the next official release. Also, if your knowledgeable about the AI code, I would like to know under what conditions does the AI decide to use a unit's PWT launcher. In tests, I've given aliens clear targets but only in one instance did the AI fire a PWT. Usually, the unit will run away, or close to melee attack (if the unit has the ability).

zeitgeist

Magister
You could simulate keyboard scrolling with AutoHotkey by getting the mouse position, moving the mouse to the appropriate edge of the screen while a keyboard scrolling key is pressed, then moving it back to the original position, if you just wanted a quick and dirty implementation outside of the actual game.

If you send me the changes, I'll look at them and see if I can work them into the next official release. Also, if your knowledgeable about the AI code, I would like to know under what conditions does the AI decide to use a unit's PWT launcher. In tests, I've given aliens clear targets but only in one instance did the AI fire a PWT. Usually, the unit will run away, or close to melee attack (if the unit has the ability).

http://www.2shared.com/file/wd0Pq9Ht/acc.html

Try this out. Looks like the relevant code is 100% the same as what it was in XCOM. I can't test it though because Visual Studio throws hissy fits at me and I can't be arsed to figure out what its problem is.

I have little knowledge of the TFTD code beyond this, and certainly none about that AI, sorry.

Tycho525

Educated
I've made a slightly updated version of 106, which will be now 1061:

*Slow the Clock: The Geoscape clock goes slower. The way the clock passes time has been altered but the options for accelerating time are still correct and match the original rates.

Tycho525

Educated
Version 1.07
  • MP3s now play through bass.dll to hopefully clear up all decoder related issues.
  • New video linear filter option availble which should make full screen mode just a little less jagged.
  • Fixed crash that occured when panicked units dropped their items due to the 'Fix Clip Weight' code.
New fixes and changes to existing mods:
  • Clip Cursor now works in full screen mode.
  • The window dimensions a player specifies in the INI for the game are now the actual playable area.
  • Fixed problem with Personal Armor being assigned damage modifiers of a Power Suit.
  • Fixed crash when an alien throws item and has no other weapon available.
  • Fixed crash when an alien targets a base location during Base Defense missions.
  • Fixed issue with MCing large units: all sections will be controlled when successful.
  • Fixed issue with explosion and large units: they are only affected once by the same explosion.
  • Fixed exploit that allows permanent control of a Tentacult after MCing a zombie.
  • Fixed exploit that allowed tanks to get free ammo for base defense missions.
  • Tank/Harpoon Bolts and Tank/Gauss Cannon ammo use no space in base stores (similar to craft gas cannon ammo.)
  • Added 'get' option to OBDATA mod to allow players to set the parameter that aliens use to decide if they will pick up an object. See UFOpaedia wiki discussions on this topic for more information.
  • 'Hot Grenades' mod now causes grenades to explode after they are thrown. Only the High Explosive has a timer and delay.
  • Alien tactical AI paramaters changed so aliens are more likely to use grenades on groups.
  • Alternate Colony Races changed to Alternate Site Races: Chance to get more varied set of races on the first stage of a colony mission and the race on the second stage matches the race of the supply ships. Now, there is a chance to get different races on the stages of artifact sites as well.
  • 'Know Thy Enemy' mod now only affects damage applied against a target's health points: Until XCOM gets proper data concerning a particular alien's psysiology, damage is reduced unless the soldier gets a lucky shot. This doesn't apply for damage from fire, explosions, or stun.
New Additions:
  • Ablative Armor: no changes to the rules for AP weapons but armor is more effective against Explosive, Laser, and Plasma damage although these attacks quickly eat away at the armor rating.
  • EU2012 Items Rules: Alien weapons have a high probability to self-destruct if their owner dies, aliens that die in explosions will have all their items destroyed, fire is highly destructive to high-tech items. Units that panic will not drop items they are holding.
  • Prep Base Defense: Players are taken to the base management screen before a base defense mission starts to allow transfers or selling stuff to manage what items are available in the eqip soldiers phase. All craft at base will be unloaded and will require manual reloading after the mission. However, the plane can be used to store things unwanted in the battle (you may have problems returning them to the base as it will be filled with all the new alien stuff.)
  • Deep Colonies: Alien bases are always very deep.
  • Berzek Unit Crash Fix: Alien terrorist units with range attacks are prevented from going bezerk.
  • Alien Melee Attack Fix: Aliens can now use the melee weapons they carry.
  • Fire Fix: Fixed a rare issue where an unit immune to fix could be killed if their health was extremely low and they were standing in fire.
  • Tentacult Fix: Tentacults have their strength lowered and won’t attack units that they cannot zombify.
  • Lobsterman Strength Fix: Lobstermen are stronger.

Heresiarch

Prophet
So...did it make sense for the Tentaculate killing tanks in two hits or not?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom