Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Planetside 2

Papa Môlé

Arcane
Are these faggots going to make a way to adjust the control scheme for this pile of shit or should I just stop bothering to check on this game at all?

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
Aircraft is unplayable with keyboard and mouse

No good commanders tonight for a change, getting mowed down as fuck by massive assaults of purple gays.

Papa Môlé

Arcane
you can rebind all keys under settings
Ah, looks like it's the settings after you log in to a map. Can only change graphics in main menu settings. Kind of weird but thanks. Game wasn't actually too bad for a first look although I could tell it was going to be grindy and, at least when I was on, it seemed dominated by aircraft. Could be fun with a group though.

ohWOW

Dumbfuck Queued
This piece of crap is worse and worse, and people, God damn these morons. Shooting rockets at friendly barriers and tking 5 team mates in front of it at once FOR FUCKS SAKEI died 15 times today, 10 times tked in a fucking spawn room.:x

Papa Môlé

Arcane
I had more fun when I stopped trying to play infantry. Anyone with upgraded weapons will wipe your ass anyway. Better to look for an open gunner seat on a vehicle and hop on that. More fair to freeplayers and you get more kills that way.

ohWOW

Dumbfuck Queued
Blam this piece of crap.

Getting assfucked as full health heavy by light assaults 5 ranks below with max upgraded light rifles (from shop, no way they would earn so much certs on 5th rank) in 3 seconds; and being unable to kill a fucktard loaded with shop stuff - 5 headshots from a sniper rifle and couldn't even put his shield down. Then the whole server went bananas and massive rain of drop pods started. They didn't disappear. A forest of drop pods after few minutes.

Fuck f2p shooters.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
MHC told me it was shit. And like a 20 gig download. That's all I needed to know. Who wants a fucking vehicle mmo, anyway?

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
This is also a pretty glaring problem. The game is horribly optimized right now(both netcode and engine), and the graphics aren't even that great. Looks worse, and runs worse than Tribes. I know it's an MMO, but it really does not look good. Even on high settings it just looks "okay" compared to other games today, and the FPS takes a huge hit when battles start raging. There are also completely random "freezes". I assume the game is loading chunks, but it's kind of unacceptable in an FPS MMO. Pick any RPG MMO currently out and it runs better than PS2. Star Trek Online can have a hundred ships firing lasers and torpedoes every which way and runs great, what's going on with PS2?

I just don't get it. I read somewhere they wanted to optimize it to run on 5 year old PCs, but my PC which still falls in mid to high range can't run it. That doesn't tell me my PC isn't good enough, that tells me the game is really, extremely poorly optimized.

I'm fast learning to avoid anything Sony Online Entertainment is affiliated with. Had issues with DC Universe Online, Everquest 2 was just shitty and now I'm having major issues with Planetside 2.

MHC told me it was shit. And like a 20 gig download. That's all I needed to know. Who wants a fucking vehicle mmo, anyway?

The download comes in at just over 7gb on Steam.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
biggest problem I have with the game is that eventually it started feeling samey, for me, like almost everything started feeling like the crown team deathmatch

also why would you voluntarily depend on steam to run this game

Aircraft is unplayable with keyboard and mouse
only if you're LARPing ace combat

Tried playing for about 15 minutes just now.
Final verdict: What is this I don't even
Same here...
Same here, but with insane thirdworldian lag.
which server did you play on? it's not so bad here(though I'm clearly at a disadvantage) and my connection is shit

though I recall talking to you about internet connections, maybe yours is even worse, I don't remember
Anyone with upgraded weapons will wipe your ass anyway.
not really, don't remember such a huge difference in damage or resistance

maybe you're lagging

some serious videogame script like shit happened when I was playing gunner on vehicles, though

fucking awesome

This piece of crap is worse and worse, and people, God damn these morons. Shooting rockets at friendly barriers and tking 5 team mates in front of it at once FOR FUCKS SAKEI died 15 times today, 10 times tked in a fucking spawn room.:x
never once this happened to me

you should join a server with less dumbfucks

less than 10gb, but there are only 3 maps right now

Oriebam

ps2 is 4 GB and one of the best games ever made. the only thing shit here is MHC.
NOT 4gb unless they found some way to compress it

I downloaded the whole client again for the release, almost 7gb, dunno where you're getting that from

edit: oh, typo

oh and since I'm already talking about this the game requires 15gb or something like that of free space to even use the launcher, from which it downloads/installs everything

Gerrard

Arcane
This "best game ever made" gives Bethesda a run for their money in the QA and optimization department.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Sounds like the game is suffering from Quake Wars syndrome - by the time a rather awesome tutorial was implemented, the game was forgotten for its unforgiving complexity.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
1921318_o.gif

KoolNoodles

Arcane

Billy only chews that organic American Spirit tobacco.

On topic: PS2 is pretty shit right now. Not enough metagame, combat is wonky due to netcode/game issues, some serious grinding going on, and etc. Needs a few months. They made a lot of improvements during beta, so hopefully that trend continues. For the record, I don't mind combat because it is "too hard" or people have better guns than me, my K/D is at about 6-1 right now(I've been a little lucky), but the game itself just needs a lot of work for it to be consistently enjoyable and more importantly: meaningful.

Oriebam

Sounds like the game is suffering from Quake Wars syndrome - by the time a rather awesome tutorial was implemented, the game was forgotten for its unforgiving complexity.
the tut orial is there sicne day 1 what the fuck are you tlaking about r00fles

I thought it was fucking awesome that it now simply puts you in a squad and pod drops you in the middle of a battle, 0 fucks given

there should be an option to do that automatically when you log in, call it casual mode or whatever but it's great

Papa Môlé

Arcane
I gotta agree with the guy who said it feels samey. Once the impact of seeing a huge battlefield with explosions going off everywhere and tons of people wears off it feels kind of like a very large game of capture the flag over and over again. You take a facility, then go to take another one, the first one then gets taken back, you go back there, etc. etc.

mugarod

Liturgist
Project: Eternity
Not sure the fuck you guys talking about as far as guns go. I play TR medic and use default gun ( I certed better scope and forward grip) and I wipe people with "non-default" guns all the time. Most of deaths so far are when I am trying to rez as many people as possible and cant defend myself when purple dicks and blue homos will zerg us. Not having any lag problems a lot of people complaining about either and my pc is 6 years old and was not even high end at the time I bought it either. The game does feel samey after a while though, especially this stupid bio lab doors, but I participated in several big battles allready and those are lots of fun.

ohWOW

Dumbfuck Queued
Not sure the fuck you guys talking about as far as guns go. I play TR medic and use default gun ( I certed better scope and forward grip) and I wipe people with "non-default" guns all the time.
If you fight with people who didn't boosted themselves.
My K/D is somewhere around 1.7-2.0, but still.

Steve

Augur
Getting good KD is easy as fuck, all you need to do is take light assault, jump on a rooftop and pop pop watch em niggas drop. Yesterday I jumped on top of a deployed enemy sunderer. I emptied my carbine and pistol on them and then went full berserk on them with my knife. I got about 8 knife kills until they realized I was an enemy.

It seems like 95% of the players don't have a clue of what's going on.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom