Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Capcom Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I found it boring pretty quick but it's good fun for a while and not too long.

deuxhero

Arcane
Game came Saturday, pretty fun so far.

My intial feeling it was closer to Gothic than TES wound up not very far off with the limited number of towns seperated by roads that are mostly safe, that if you wander off of early on you WILL get mauled. That said, I feel I have met most of the foe types that show up in random encounters, and even the "boss" monsters die quick enough, so I have to agree with the sentiment that difficulty drops hard around level 30.

One interesting fight I just had was where I had to beat up a golem with my bare hands (Rip and tear!) because I decided to raise my class level in fighter (for the augment that increased carry capacity) and carried an enchanted sword because the enchanted part scales with my magic (golems are immune to magic damage and resist slashing) when I encountered it.

Any codexers willing to rent my loli? She has naught but a single only one rent by a (real life) firend and she's a level 34 sorcerer right now. My PSN is same as user name here.

Chuftie

Augur
Sure I guess, but my pawn is higher level.

Anyway seems like the shield counters were kinda lame to the obvious combination of the group element enhancements plus ruinous sigil and magick cannon spamming.

Speaking of sorcerers what's the best way to use them? because I honestly prefer the mage over them because of the supportive spells they get over the nukier spells with long windup times.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Best way to use a Sorc is to level them for Acuity and Articulacy and then pick a better vocation. By the time a Sorcerer has finished casting a spell the fight is usually over.

deuxhero

Arcane
I never had a problem with Sorc cast speeds to be honest, possibly because I'm also playing a loli-sorcerer and get increased casting times from the spell mirroring and use them to make the first strike in combat.

Hard mode is out, and disappointingly, all it does is increase damage to the player and stamina consumption.

LivingOne

Savant
That said, I feel I have met most of the foe types that show up in random encounters, and even the "boss" monsters die quick enough, so I have to agree with the sentiment that difficulty drops hard around level 30.

I just restarted the game with the hard mode dlc and got killed twice by bats.:eek:
Other than that it regains part of the challange later on at least.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
A game no one wanted is getting a PC port, but they won't port Dragon's Dogma despite the fact that there are tons of people who want to play it on the PC? Crapcom never changes.

Stabwound

Arcane
I want this game, but I'm not likely to buy a console ever again. Not that I'd even remove it from an inventory, but they're pretty dumb not to port it to PC. Look at Dark Souls; they did a horrific job and it apparently sold well enough that they're releasing the next game on PC at launch.

Oh well, at least we get Resident Evil 6. :retarded:

deuxhero

Arcane
Capcom Europe confirmed, then quickly denied, a PC port was coming. Get annoyed when it isn't so transparently coming.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Dragon's Dogma =
dayone.gif

Xi

Arcane
Waiting for this to hit bargain bin prices. A PC port would be even better, but I'll snag a PS3 version for the GF to try out too. Is it worth 29.99?

Emily

Arcane
Waiting for this to hit bargain bin prices. A PC port would be even better, but I'll snag a PS3 version for the GF to try out too. Is it worth 29.99?
i would say yes. Games like these are rare gems that should be rewarded.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Good luck with that, some console games go down in price only very reluctantly / never.

deuxhero

Arcane
I don't think console games EVER get under $20 new consistently, at least not this gen, even YEARS after they came out.

flabbyjack

Arcane
waiting until they finish NPC voice spam and fast travel before I buy this. The patch notes seem pretty weak, such as 'Removed the infinite supply of carrots for sale'. Anyone know if they fixed these two points yet?

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Did Capcom ever give a reason why there's no PC port, especially after Dark Souls got ported? I can only assume it has something to do with the Pawn system.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom