Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eador Genesis

Morkar Left

For this game it's pretty simple; just buy it and enjoy.

20 Eyes

Liturgist
Just bought it, looking forward to playing it later. 5 bucks is a steal if this is actually decent, and if it's not, maybe the 5 bucks will help the dev make something better next time.

mondblut

Arcane
What difficulty level should I choose?

On lowest 2 levels, the heroes give you an estimate of battle outcome (from "i'll get trampled" to "i'll roflstomp them in no time"), so until you learn what all units stand for, it is wise to stick with beginner or skilled. You can choose difficulty whenever you attack a new shard.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
And what for is the difficulty level in the character profile?

Ashery

Prophet
Holy shit.

I don't think I've played a *new* game this intently for years.

The game definitely has some flaws, but it's fucking great overall. Centaurs are absolutely amazing early on in the campaign when you don't have much in terms of firepower (Let alone agile firepower). My style before that was to just mass crossbowmen on a scout and just laugh at the wall of death. Unfortunately, the scout -> commander dev line never gave me the party range attack bonus (Finished at 21), so that kinda fucked over my theoretical build.

That really brings me to the main weakness of the game: No god damn in game wiki. I only complained about the saving restriction early on when I was still getting used to the mechanics (Didn't build a militia building, lost my hero, enemy hero then steamrolled through and took everything of mine, leaving militias of his own that my weak ass level two hero couldn't take), but it's frustrating as hell when you encounter a new creature and it turns out they can fly across the entire map on their first turn and kill half your troops before you get to move. All they'd need to do is provide the information for the base unit (level zero) when you get to the menu that indicates what you're facing. Information on what skills the level ten class choice gives access to would be great as well (Although I seem to be getting a better feel for it).

Love the scoring, though, one turn back in time is worth -20, while my three defeats last game where a whopping -1, heh.

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
Game is awesome, only thing I would have liked to see are more global magic spell options. Also it can get a bit "grindy" in the beginning.

Regarding search: Bros if you want to search for something on the Forums use Google and add "site:rpgcodex.net" to whatever you are looking for, like Pelvis Knot said. The "real" search has been disabled for the time being because of the massive Server load it takes apparently.

Ashery

Prophet

DakaSha

Arcane
ok well since you are all sucking each others cocks about this:

does it have random maps or is only campaigns?

Ashery

Prophet
Anybody else want to take a stab at this incredibly hard question?

Looks like a yes. You've got two general "style" options: Common and Island, and then another twelve or so options that can be tweaked before generation. Even the tutorial map is a bit randomized re:the race in a particular territory.

DakaSha

Arcane
Ok so hows the AI. You say it cheats a lot, which is fine if its a Challenge and as long as it can actually use all the game mechanics.. can it?

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
AI is indeed dumb but considering how easy the battle system is and the size of armies that AI fields its not really an issue here - you will still be challenged and hard pressed to use your limited resources properly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom