Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Next Oblivion Official Download

Greatatlantic

Erudite
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/neverwin ... ?id=209149

Gamespot said:
The new quest revolves around a powerful mage who has set off in search of the Daedric Artifact Mehrunes' Razor. The Razor has the ability to instantly kill enemies, and the mage intends to use it to overthrow the Empire. It's up to the players to ensure that power doesn't fall into the wrong hands--or at least, anyone else's wrong hands.

Just the concept seems like the most amateurish of amateur ideas out there. Evil dude, weapon of ultimate power, it will be great! Trust me!

OverrideB1

Scholar
Sweet suffering jesus -- isn't there an original idea in their heads... anywhere? Horse armour that was ripped from the original s/w, a freaking mage's tower that was ripped from the original s/w, and now this... original concept: evil dude seeks ultimate weapon and only one person can stop him.

Really, for TESV, I strongly suggest they create a toolkit and give it to the modders -- the end result will be a million times better and a million times more original.

LlamaGod

Cipher
Mehrune's Razor was in Morrowind, so it could've easily been in Oblivion originally.

User was nabbed fit

Yes, the time has come, my pretties; the time has come.

dynamitepigeon32ug.jpg

Data4

Arcane
This is probably the worst one so far. So many missed opportunities here. Supposedly this will make for the biggest dungeon in all of Cyrodiil, and yet they didn't even create any new content. All they did was piece together something from the Ayleid tileset that ANY modder could have done, used the ALREADY EXISTING Mehrunes' Razor artifact, and whip up a generic Dark Elf and call him a rogue Telvanni.

Part of the justification for charging for mods was because they're professionally done by artist, etc. HAH! THERE IS NOTHING NEW HERE! No new dungeon set pieces, no new voice acting, nothing! Hell, I bet I can pick out at least 3 mods from the first 5 pages of the ESF modding forum that make this look like someone's lame attempt at a house mod.

-D4

Relien

Scholar
Naked_Lunch said:
I can hear the fanboy's excuses already:
IT'S FANTASY! WHAT, WERE U EXSPECTING SHAKESPEARE OR SOMETHING?
I think it'll be more like C'MON IT ONLY 2 BUCKS U HAVE DEEP POCKETS LOL

Jennifer

Liturgist
Greatatlantic said:
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/neverwinternights/player_review.html?id=209149

link goes to a neverwinter nights player review, y'know.

jasondragon

Novice
Its true. The screenshots look exactly like any other dungeon you'd find in the game.

Way to go Bethesda. Idiots.

Kendar

Novice
Mefi said:
http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6152158.html
Commentaries :

Intelligence try an income :
Volothamp86
This is just another download that easily could have come out with the game
Chubbums
Yet another reason why Oblivion is a Noobified TES game.
Dumper1
While you idiots keep paying for these add-ons, games will continue to be expensive.
AzureLivesOn
So instead of killing enemies in 2 hits with Umbra, I can kill them in one hit with the Razor?
You're not going to give me God Mode in the next patch, are you?
Somehow it makes me remember of my joke "you should have the freedom to beat the arena/main quest at level one" wich happened to be real...

BUT :

umbra
I love the added content for pay idea. Get just what you want, keeps expanding the game.
Benny_is_here
Nice! Hope the electronics shop right next to my school gets new prepaid cards before the add-on comes out...
thEsl1ck3st1 (Frankie's alt)
if you are such a tight wad then DONT pay for it and DONT complain about it
Haha, nice one :
VFA-102
Keep the updates coming. I've got money to burn, and dungeons to explore.
jbourrie
Nobody complains when World of Warcraft charges $15 a month for upkeep, but now when Bethesda starts charging $2-$3 for monthly updates people start whining.
"Someone else have killed two persons to protect another person (or any possibly understandable reason), how dare you blame me for killing a guy by simple pleasure ?"
For those who think that they should have released this stuff with the original game, realize that it takes time to build it: if they had made this stuff before the game shipped, it wouldn't have shipped yet.
Like the horse armour visible severall months before release ?
evanem_2k1
who actually reads all those journals and books and notes and crap
Tio know that, you just need to know who plays Oblivion.
GCN49
cool deal... my character is a swordspell, so new spells are always cool...
I guess joining the mage guild or opening the CS is too lame for them.
lozandier
I don't understand why people whine about the cost of the addons... Next Gen cost excessive amounts of money; see it or not; WE ARE GETTING A BARGAIN...

I stopped there... it is more than I can stand...

Drakron

Arcane
I dont get it ...

Why putting a razor in a game were we cannot add beards to character?

It makes no sense ... no sense at all ...

Greatatlantic

Erudite
Jennifer said:
Greatatlantic said:
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/neverwinternights/player_review.html?id=209149

link goes to a neverwinter nights player review, y'know.

How did I miss that? And how come no one corrected me until several posts down? Ah, well, its a good read anyways, and the author really is an favorite of mine. Here's the actual news bit: http://www.gamespot.com/news/6152158.html .

Wysardry

Augur
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Greatatlantic said:
And how come no one corrected me until several posts down?
I can't speak for anyone else, but I assumed it was some kind of inside joke.

Greatatlantic

Erudite
Wysardry said:
Greatatlantic said:
And how come no one corrected me until several posts down?
I can't speak for anyone else, but I assumed it was some kind of inside joke.

Why didn't I think of that? Yeah, of course. Inside joke. If you don't get it, you don't have old school forum participation credentials.

Rat Keeng

Liturgist
The official mods cost money because of all the work Bethesda had to do, what with making the content, removing said content from the actual game, and then putting it into mod form so it can be re-inserted back into the game.

I mean, let's say you're a mason. You have to build a wall for Mr. Crabb and his family, out of about 100 bricks, and they give you $200 for it. But then, you carefully remove some of the bricks, fix them up so they can be put back into the wall without too much trouble, and sell them back to the Crabbs at $5 a piece. See, if you had just put up the wall as it was, it would've been much easier, but the added workload of brick removal should obviously not go uncompensated.

And since Mr. Crabb is far too stupid, not to mention in awe of the realistic reflection of the bricks' surface, to use the tools that came with the wall to do it himself, or even find someone who's willing to fill out the holes in the wall for him, he'll pay for the costly bricks without giving it another thought. And so, Mr. Crabb has become a victim of the business method known as profit maximization, but since Mr. Crabb is too busy staring at his realistic wall to look up those difficult words, he'll never find out what's going on, or how badly he's been fucked.

The end.

Wysardry

Augur
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Rat Keeng said:
And since Mr. Crabb is far too stupid, not to mention in awe of the realistic reflection of the bricks' surface, to use the tools that came with the wall to do it himself, or even find someone who's willing to fill out the holes in the wall for him, he'll pay for the costly bricks without giving it another thought.
Ah, but the "wall" repair kit does not include tools to make "bricks" in new shapes and sizes, only to rearrange and or replace those you already have.

Oblivion: the Gamebryo RPG Starter Kit. :wink:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom