Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Oblivion official patch released

Spazmo

Erudite
Tags: Bethesda Softworks; Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

The first official patch for Bethesda's Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is out, bringing the game up to version 1.1.511. <a href=http://www.elderscrolls.com/downloads/updates_patchnotes6.htm>Patch notes here</a> and <a href=http://www.elderscrolls.com/downloads/updates_patches.htm>downloads here</a>. It appears to be the final version of a beta patch that was released some time ago.

Sovy Kurosei

Erudite
ATI Crossfire
Performance on systems using ATI Crossfire will be reduced until ATI releases an updated driver with Oblivion listed as a Crossfire Compatible game.

What the...? Am I reading this right? Bethesda is saying that they are purposely reducing the performance for ATI Crossfire cards?

Drakron

Arcane
Sovy Kurosei said:
What the...? Am I reading this right? Bethesda is saying that they are purposely reducing the performance for ATI Crossfire cards?

Yes, that was already in the beta patch.

dongle

Scholar
Mefi said:
I'd like to see a screenshot by someone who has one of the cards which require the new 'ultra low graphics' settings to compare with those Russian screenshots which were from an alpha build (or so we were told).
Oh yeah. Forgot about those.

I just flipped through the gallery of ag.ru shots that the Codex has thoughtfully preserved for us. They are a very accurate representation of what the final game actually looks like. One NPC in the final shot has hands that have messed up textures, but that's about it. I don't think they have it set to show the far distant mountains, at least we don't see any in the shots. That's a standard in-game setting, not a sooper-sekret .ini tweak like MSFD made it out to be. In any case the distant mountains look like ass in the final game anyway. I honestly don't see anything else that looks un-finished or un-optimized in that whole gallery compared to what I see in-game. My card was detected at ultra-high-quality, for what it's worth.

Twinfalls

Erudite
Here's an even more accurate representation of what the final game looks like

423px-Train_wreck_at_Montparnasse_1895.jpg

AdrianWerner

Novice
ermm...hmmm...

what is wrong? An Oblivion news post on RPGCodex without any bashing? No witty irony? No sarcasm? :(

You let me down, I DEMAND RECOMPENSATION of some sort ;)

don_tomaso

Liturgist
Sovy Kurosei said:
ATI Crossfire
Performance on systems using ATI Crossfire will be reduced until ATI releases an updated driver with Oblivion listed as a Crossfire Compatible game.

I think it has something to do with avoiding crashes.. Oblivion is apperently a complex game and if it doesnt have full compability with ATI, they reduce the pressure on the card to avoid crashes, and so getting less complaints about the game crashing... or maybe Im just making this up.. I dont know really

Lumpy

Arcane
It doesn't take that long. It installed on my computer in 3 minutes.
Apparently, it's different from other patches in that it only replaces the changed data, not the whole changed files. That's why it's smaller and takes longer to install.

elander_

Arbiter
AdrianWerner said:
ermm...hmmm...

what is wrong? An Oblivion news post on RPGCodex without any bashing? No witty irony? No sarcasm? :(

You let me down, I DEMAND RECOMPENSATION of some sort ;)

OK

They actualy gave themselves the trouble to make Oblivion quests even more retarded than before.

If you are permanently expelled from Mages Guild, you can now go back into the Mages Guild buildings.

In The Siren's Deception, the door to Gweden farmhouse is prevented from locking too soon if player exits too quickly.

In Infiltration, player can no longer kill Blackwood Company members and stop progress in Fighter's Guild.

Getting disqualified from the first Arena match no longer blocks you from further matches.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom