Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RpgCodex Game of the Year 2012

Kattze

Andhaira
Andhaira
CK2
Grimrock

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I think FTL was the only game I played this year that I enjoyed enough to vote for.

Dexter

Arcane
Dark Souls: PtD (yes it counts, PC version came out this year and had additional areas & shit)
Spec Ops: The Line
The Walking Dead
Dishonored
Tribes: Ascend
X-Com: Enemy Unknown
Waking Mars
Torchlight II
Legend of Grimrock

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
How the fuck is a demo the 'Game of the Year?'

Seeing how I did not enjoy Crusader Kings II and have yet to play Under Rail, the Age of Decadence public beta, incomplete a version of the game as it is, is in fact the only new title I actually enjoyed playing in all of 2012. Seeing how I have spent countless hours trying out all the character types, experimenting with combat and whatnot, I would definitely say it qualifies.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Crusader Kings 2. I don't see how there could be other competition for it. Maybe Walking Dead could get onto it if it was more of a game than CYOA.

Silva

Arcane
DE: HR is from 2011. (otherwise it would be on my list too )

Also, anobody else had this weird sensation that XCOM was an awesome game until you finish it, and then you think its crap and you wont touch it ever again ?

Captain Shrek

DE: HR is from 2011. (otherwise it would be on my list too )

Also, anobody else had this weird sensation that XCOM was an awesome game until you finish it, and then you think its crap and you wont touch it ever again ?
Still not finished to see what you mean :oops:. :(

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor

Seeing how I did not enjoy Crusader Kings II and have yet to play Under Rail, the Age of Decadence public beta, incomplete a version of the game as it is, is in fact the only new title I actually enjoyed playing in all of 2012. Seeing how I have spent countless hours trying out all the character types, experimenting with combat and whatnot, I would definitely say it qualifies.

Except it hasn't been released so it doesn't. Never mind the fact that once we see the full version it could be rife with issues we don't even know about.

SoupNazi

dishonored
sleeping dogs
ftl
can't judge on dark souls yet, I guess

edit: almost forgot far cry 3, which, while I can't objectively call it the best game, gave me the most enjoyment and I spent the most time on it.

Project: Eternity
Uh... Because everyone else says it counts, Dark Souls.
And Legend of Grimrock.
And FTL.
These are the only games released in 2012 that I thought were any good. 2012 was one shit year.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent

Except it hasn't been released so it doesn't. Never mind the fact that once we see the full version it could be rife with issues we don't even know about.

Well, again, I played and enjoyed the public beta far more than any finished games released in 2012, hence the vote. As for the final version, certainly, it will contain bugs and issues, though I very much doubt that the team would fail to address them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom