Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Fallout to Become a TV Show?

Koschey

Arcane
Fighting the good fight with his voice: Morgan Freeman!

But the game is a translation of road warrior to game form so it would just be road warrior. It's not like fallout was a final fantasy game with a totally ridiculous plot.

It starts off as road warrior, but by the time you've added the supermutants, centaurs, ghouls, Master and so on, you're starting to push what tv audiences will accept.

Micmu

Magister
I'm surprised they haven't registered the name for snacks and soda drinks, yet. Just in case someone tries to take the name and cause "damage to their brand".

Seerix

Arbiter
It could be part of some viral marketing for Fallout 4 or a promotional mini-series for it. Or they're planning to destroy Nuka Break.

I think they would sooner risk lots of money for movie/tv series based on TES than Fallout.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
It'll probably be better than 99% of the other stuff on television. I watch those gimmicky A&E and History channel 'reality shows' like Duck Commander, Storage Wars, and Pawn Stars because there is better acting there than on most network television shows.

Gozma

Arcane
No one could do a real TV show well; it's way too much of a nonsensical junk drawer setting for a gameplay-free narrative, even played as straight as FO1 or most of New Vegas. Some five episode 10-minutes-per show web series of blatant fanservice as an advertisement or something is what I would expect.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Megaton Arc will surely be something. I can't wait for the twist at the end.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
z8YNQ.jpg

:hero:

Ausir

Arcane
Actually, thinking about it, I'm hoping that this is a defensive trademark to stop someone else coming in and taking the name.

Well, they actually had it registered originally back in 2009, and now re-registered it after that one expired. Still, the timing with the Three Dog tweets might mean they are up to something this time.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Bethesda could pull this off, just claim all talking characters had int as a dump stat. Make your weakness a strength.

Micmu

Magister
They could take the worst hack writers, directors, producers and actors in the TV industry and it would still be better than their games.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
i think u got the wrong developer mickey.

The worst thing is that besides them already finding a new way to butcher my most beloved franchise is that if they made a TV series of it they'd probably seriously change certain things to remove "difficult" subjects and add in "fashionable" ideas. Zombies instead of mutants. Radiation giving people super-powers.

:rage:,
The Vault Dweller

suejak

Arbiter
Patron
Village Idiot
Nuka Break was pretty cool. Not Fallout -- more like Buffy the Vampire Slayer or Firefly -- but a cool show.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom