Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem

deuxhero

Arcane

I do not comprehend.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Da fuck? Incline(?) if it's some sort of strategic RPG, decline(?) if just some retarded Street Fighter clone.

And I'm still waiting for Pokémon X Digimon.

:rpgcodex:

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Not a great fan of crossovers, but I'd like to see TBS Tensei game.

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
I gotta say, I never thought I'd see this happen.

But I gotta say, Nintendo's really making me actually want to buy a new console. This and the new potential Xenoblade game (I know pretty much no one else here liked it, but I loved it.) are grabbing my attention.

EDIT: FYI, Atlus made some games similar to Fire Emblem back in the day. Majin Tensei.

majin-1.png

Mostly unknown outside of Japan and even then, I don't know their opinion on it. You just don't hear much about Majin Tensei.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Word has it's a JRPG. I figured it wouldn't be a fighting game since Atlus would probably have sicced ArcSys on that (seeing how they made the Persona fighting game, which still isn't available for eurofags).

Random

Arcane
Patron
Easy way to balance the Demifiend: don't include him.

Alternatively, take the tried and true method of including him as a hidden megaboss that will absolutely wreck your shit.

Cool name

Arcane
I wonder how are they going to balance the Demi-Fiend and company...

I do wonder how are they going to balance any of them. Shin Megami Tensei is not persona. These guys do walk through hell, kick the tail of both sides of the endwar, recruit and lead armies of legendary beings, and defeat the one true God as casually as we do walk to buy some icecream. D:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I wonder how are they going to balance the Demi-Fiend and company...
I do wonder how are they going to balance any of them. Shin Megami Tensei is not persona. These guys do walk through hell, kick the tail of both sides of the endwar, recruit and lead armies of legendary beings, and defeat the one true God as casually as we do walk to buy some icecream. D:
In such cases usually they destroy the stronger "world" and make it ally itself with the weaker one to return to it's former glory. I.E, evil cult lock away the demon's powers and banish then into another land, which happens to be Fire Emblems land. FE world has to fend off weak demons invasion until they find some "good" demons to ally with and help them defeat evil cult group fuckign everything up... Demifiend act as rival/bro, appearing sometimes to trade info, help and do battle.

SearchEngine

Learned
Atlus will probably combine the Maijin Tensei or Devil Survivor universe. Their gameplay is pretty much the closest to Fire Emblem.
I have to say that Nintendo and Atlus seems to have a very strong relationship at this point. I mean: SMT IV, Soul Hackers, now this. I will not be surprised if Nintendo gets Persona 5 as well.

Sul

Savant
No crew member from Strange Journey? Figures, it's probably the SMT game with least weeaboo appeal.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom