Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPG-By-Internet resources?

Astromarine

Erudite
Hey all. I was wondering if the savvy crew here had any idea about where I can go to get a group going on playing RPGs online. Email, IRC, dedicated client... Hell, I'll even play NWN if that's what it takes. Anyone here interested in starting anything? Maybe make a campaign forum in a remote corner of the Codex? ANYTHIIIIIIIING. ToEE is giving me MAJOR RPG cold turkey, I never played DnD much, focussing more on Cyberpunk, Legend of the Five Rings, and Vampire back in the day, but I really really want to join a campaign with decent people.

Monte Carlo

Liturgist
I've run text-based D&D games on a message board format, which works OK.

My advice is (1) keep your group small (3 or 4) and (2) make sure those people are available to post regularly. It's good fun in a measure, playing-chess-by-mail kind of way. Like the single battle that took ten days real-time (that was with six PCs, though).

Cheers
MC

Petey_the_Skid

Liturgist
There are free digichat-based online Vampire(and other WoD games) games hosted by the publisher, at www.white-wolf.com

Just go to interactive, and choose java chats. They use full 3rd edition Vampire rules though, so you'll need you're books to be up to snuff, and in the moderated games(run by volunteer ST's under white-wolf supervision) getting a character sanctioned can be a bitch, but they're still fun.

I believe they also have a java chat based on their D20 setting, whatever it's called.

Orlon

Novice
Dont listen to these people Ive got the link you need, http://www.openrpg.com/

ts a live chat/whiteboard/battle map/charecter sheet system. I played for a few years, before the baby came, and its as close to PnP as possible. You can control almost every aspect of the game from the DM/GM chair. The battle map lends itself to 3/3.5E very well. Check out the website there are some really great PC sheets to be had too. It has built in rollers and stat trackers. You could use something like rogerwilco/teamspeak to provide audio communications for you session. Best of all its free. take a look I loved it too bad I dont have time for it anymore.[/url]

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom