Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bros is Battlefield 3 the best Tactical Shooter

DakaSha

Arcane
I got a new pc. My first desktop since the 90's and I want to finally play a modern tac-fps. I played battlefield 3 on ps3 and it was fun despite being heavily gimped and im wondering whether it is the best option currently when it comes to tactical fps

I am not looking for something as realistic (and mind numbingly slow) as ArmaII. I just play Project Reality for that. I want something that requires me to use iron sites, cover and have some minor semblance of teamwork.

Is battlefield 3 the best out there currently?

edit: oh this is purely for multiplayer of course)

DakaSha

Arcane
Funny how I'm reminded why the person is ignored every time i click that 'show ignored posts' link

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Apart from Battlefield the only other current tactical FPS I can think of is CS:GO, which is fun but pretty much the same as the older Counterstrike games. I say go for BF3, or get both, you should be able to find good deals if you look around.

Also, make sure to get the premium edition of BF3, which includes all the expansions. The new maps are good, and the number of servers you can join will be limited if you don't have it.

DakaSha

Arcane
Yeah i made this thread after reading about the premium version

JrK

Prophet
BF3 is a flawed game but it has some of the best teamplay and gunplay of multiplayer shooters. I'd only rank DoD: Source above it in gunplay, and I think the maps with jets suck, but there is plenty of fun to be had in BF3.

DakaSha

Arcane
Are the servers still absolutely full? This is prob a dumb question considering it's a AAA game but never know. maybe some new AAA stole the show

JrK

Prophet
BF3 holds a pretty unique position, so there are plenty of players. It may be more difficult to find a server without some of the DLC packages, but I never had problems with that (I don't own any of those).

DakaSha

Arcane
oh wait.. premium is ONLY the expansions? So i have to pay $90 for the full package?

:mob:

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
The "Premium Edition" is all you need, it includes both the base game and "BF3 Premium" which is the expansions and some minor extra stuff.

DakaSha

Arcane
lol ok so there is premium and premium edition.. nice. I think i can manage 60 bucks

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
I payed 40 bucks for the premium edition, not sure why it cost you 60...

BF3 is great, IMO. I'm playing it every day. There is so much stuff to do and different gameplay to try out. Different classes, vehicles, gamemodes etc. Lots of weapons to unlock. Amazing sound, IMO.

Squad/Teamplay is important. If you rambo stuff and the enemies are halfways competent, you will die. It's great fun. :)

chestburster

Savant
Illiterate
Best shooting mechanisms in modern shooters (recoil, sway, etc., the guns take serious practice to control and master. And it feels great after you master a certain gun. )
Full body awareness (after BF3, I can't enjoy other shooters without the fluent body movement in the BF3 engine).
Somewhat tactical.
Currently still the best graphics on PC (IMHO better than Crysis 3: Lense Flare the Game).

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
I like BF3 but I wouldn't call it tactical. It's just a team FPS with vehicles and weapons modeled after real world shit.

That being said the jihad jeeping is still top notch.

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
tf2 is one of the shittiest games around :lol:

TripJack

Hedonist
yea bro that is stealing, ea's shitastic games should cost $5 at most

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom