Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Shadowrun Returns Alpha Gameplay Footage

Castanova

Prophet
I have 7 games backed on Kickstarter and of course I fail to back this one. /sigh

Anyway, the difficulty is meaningless at this point. Tuning how hard it is is one of the last things you care about in the alpha stage.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Anyway, the difficulty is meaningless at this point. Tuning how hard it is is one of the last things you care about in the alpha stage.

Yes of course that's correct. Certainly no reason to worry now, but it needs to evolve until release. Difficulty and balance are absolutely critical in this type of game. I'd rather take a game with dissapointing graphics and perfect balance than the other way round.

Wizfall

Cipher
Just finish watching, what a fucking ride !
They had less than 2 millions and they can go isometric 2D, what this shit about it being too expensive:x

BobtheTree

Savant
Looks pretty good. Turn-based, emphasis on using your environment in combat and AI that punishes stupid tactics. Well, guess it's time for me to pre-order this game.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
omgscreamnoway.gif
This!

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
You can still pre-order it here: http://harebrained-schemes.com/shadowrun/shadowrun-returns-pre-order/

They have some small goodies and stuff if you are into that.

I can't seem to find an explanation about where they're releasing it. Is it going to be just on their own site or is it also going to be on GoG, Steam, or where ever similiar at launch?

I ASSUME GOG or STEAM (just like us backers). But I don't know 100% for sure. They really should mention that on there.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Well, shucks. Here's another one I was completely uninterested in which I'm sure I'll be purchasing. Looks mighty spiffy.

MachineCommander

Educated
Not a big fan of the interface, looks too much like its designed for tablets in mind. But it's that not much of an issue and what they showed off is much more impressive than I had expected. They have my money.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I didn't back this but I'll pre-order if I can spare the money, if not I'll definitely buy it day one.

This is the most pleasantly surprising of all the kickstarter games. It started out as "might be good" and during the course of its development has shaped up more and more to be GOTY 2013.

Fuck, with all this incline coming it feels like it's the late 90s/early 2000s again, the good old times when I would still get excited whenever a new game was announced. And when they didn't disappoint me on release.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Also the interace looks fine. I like its visual design, it fits the overall artstyle of the game.
Visual consistency fuck yes.

Stabwound

Arcane
This looks like it might be some fun. It's definitely inspired by the SNES Shadowrun. The graphical style makes it seem like everything is going to feel kind of same-y, though.

Sadly, it looks way more polished than Wasteland 2.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
That is pretty much everything I hoped for. Awesome. And damn, they somehow really manage to get the feel of pnp Shadowrun in there. Amazing.

To think there is a few decades worth of content for people to use that editor on. :bounce:

This is going to be a good year.

It just might be. It's at the very least going to be the year in which we'll see if Kickstarter really is going to bring us the incline. Myself I haven't been this optimistic about gaming in, well, since before I registered here.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I had even forgot about the gaming being released with an editor. That alone would be value for my money. Luckily the game looks damn good too.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Preordered like a motherfucker.

Looks pretty damn good. Digging the style.

I think something to learn from how well this video flows is that it's better to have two people narrating, rather than one. You automatically get to fill any awkward silences with casual conversation, and the whole thing feels less like a pitch or a formal presentation, and more like people just playing the game showing off what's possible naturally.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom