Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Vile Lair - a Bethesda story

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
But you agree that OB deserves attention only because of the rgp-claimin hype? I don't think a game has to be labeled as RPG to have impact? All genres are connected - Blizzard was famous for RTS games and suddenly they've made MMORPG. You don't think about MMORPG impact but you think about crappy games impact on the genre?
I recently bought GW: Factions to check what it is about and... well it's still fun but not my kind of fun... I too prefer single player games with book-like experience.
I liked sand in Fallout, so brown in TQ is not going to scare me.

Lumpy

Arcane
Actually, doing the DB quest where you have to infiltrate the prison and kill an inmate, I've found the stealth gameplay in Oblivion preety fun. Not as good as Thief, obviously, but quite good for a game which isn't all about stealth.
It's also nice how the "Don't kill anyone" objective isn't forced, but you get bonuses if you fulfill it.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
Let's move to the good parts, eh? Heheheheh I considered (when I was following the emperor) returning & killing that fuck but when I saw the daylight I immediately forgot about it. Thanks Dark Brotherhood! I liked Whodunit (nothing better that being locked with five unsuspecting people :)) and Permament Retirement. Of course only if did all objectives. But the end is a let-down. I don't know how this game was first rated T?

tanjo

Novice
A Todd Howard, who will trick the player out of his gold in a most unseemly manner

I'm guessing he sells over-hyped Bethesda software

denizsi

Arcane
(I think I've found myself an alternate crowd to exploit)

Now who'd buy a mod where you are given the quest to infiltrate Betheda Guild, torture and kill developers and capture Todd and Pete to have them gang raped till their intestines burst out of their assholes?

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
tanjo said:
A Todd Howard, who will trick the player out of his gold in a most unseemly manner

I'm guessing he sells over-hyped Bethesda software

No, it actually involves taking payment for sexual services which never materialize.

Levski 1912

Scholar
Yeah, let the man dig his own grave.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom