Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ingress invites?

cutterjohn

Cipher
Anyone have invites available? Expecting my new Nexus 4 in a week or so and just recently discovered this "game" which looked kinda intriguing, sort of like Parallel Kingdom. (Well it is...)

cutterjohn

Cipher
Seriouslly? They didn't let loose for invites for bros?

(My 16GB n4 came Friday.. it's.. silky smooth... back to shitty winter...)

cutterjohn

Cipher
Oh and don't tell me to indulge in the gay faggotry of fagworks(e.g. google+, trannybook, etc.) and scribble something to get an f'ing invite!

cutterjohn

Cipher
Well, I got my invite yesterday. Not had a chance to do much, and there sure as hell isn't much activity in my immediate area anyways. (More near A^2 & N of the city, kinda expected that though...)

[EDIT]
(Nice thread of myself talking to myself...)
Anyways, if someone here sent the invite, tx...
[/EDIT]

[EDIT2]
...also better have a good batt in yer phone IF you do this "game" as it HAMMERS the GPS(== MAJOR batt drain but the n4 holds up well so far), also might want to be careful IF you have a crap data plan(tmo 5GB(unlimited myself), so... I don't care...) (It's the Tmo 100m voice/unlimited msg/data(well 5GB "4G" then edge I guess), but it's already WAY better than Sprint here(where I got 56kbps/ISDN data rates), calls to canada are more, but hell I'll take bandwidth any day...)
[/EDIT2]

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Well, you two ruined all the fun, I was kind of wondering how much would he last :rpgcodex:

cutterjohn

Cipher
...actually doesn't suck that much data... I'm at c. 8MB used so far and I've been kinda "active"...

...more of a batt sucker for GPS poundage I guess... not sure what/if it would work with purely WiFi "locating"(kinda boring that way anyways)...

cutterjohn

Cipher
(double post w007)

Anyways, I kinda like this "game" although there still isn't much but crap around me in my area... (I live in the tech slums... ...and I'm trying to figure out how that benefits me...)

cutterjohn

Cipher
There doesn't happen to be a codex group does there? (Although I suspect it'd be a pretty useless group excepting for the rare occasion when 2 or more members were geographically proximate...)

Still haven't done much, been walking to the various portals "nearby" mostly and the relatively frigid spring/late winter(my hands still feel partially frozen from tonight's venture, 27F/16F windchill(...and last year it was 86F and I was in shorts, t-shirt and sandals...) hasn't been much of an incentive, plus being a n00b I've got jack in the way of weapons, etc. (According to the IITC guesstimate script most of the active "players" in the area are L8 with a few L6s, only 9800 more to go to L2 unless I craftily start GPS spoofing... hmm....)

[EDIT]
And yes we can apparently invite via a "Recruit" option, but that requires an email addr for an account to setup for Ingress...

The background stuff is kind of interesting with some of the encrypted messages(been going through the "investigation" starting from November and have gotten as far as mid-Feb ATM. Still debating whether or not it's worth the effort re-inventing the wheel and decrypting things on my own or just using the wiki. Probably the wiki since they point you to it anyways, and the one entry that I checked was about what I had expected.)

Nice time waster/"puzzler", although the paucity of portals nearby is disappointing, so next task is to start submitting some.
[/EDIT]

anus_pounder

Arcane
Anyone have invites available? Expecting my new Nexus 4 in a week or so and just recently discovered this "game" which looked kinda intriguing, sort of like Parallel Kingdom. (Well it is...)

'Intriguing' is the word for it. I read the wikipedia page for it and I'm still not entirely sure what this game is like. Requested an invite from the site so hopefully I can try it and all that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom