Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Might & Magic X Teased by Ubisoft, To Be Revealed at PAX East

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
ruh-roh

We all know where Wizardry went

wizardry_1300972481.jpg

:bounce: If only Grimrock is like dat.

Alex

Arcane
Tags: Might & Magic X; Ubisoft

Ubisoft has put up a teaser web page for what seems to be an upcoming Might & Magic X announcement. Check it out for yourself.

It looks like whatever it really is will be revealed at PAX East, which will take place in Boston on March 22-24, 2013. Which is very soon. Dunno about you, but I must admit I'm both intrigued and terrified.

Thanks Rahdulan for bringing this to our attention.

Oh, God damn it! I can't imagine this will be better than the last game. And while I haven't played any Ubisoft games in a good while, I can hardly think of a less suited developer...

Could this be Obsidian's new secret project?

But apparently Infinitron can. I mean, even if you guys are big fans of Obsidian and loved Alpha Protocol and what not, don't you think this is a bad match? Obsidian excelled in games that are completely different from the Might & Magic series, and their worse flaws are usually right where M&M excelled. Personally, I wouldn't trust Obsidian to make a good Ultima sequel (though, I guess, they might make a good game bearing the Ultima title, if allowed to), which is far closer to what they do well than Might & Magic.

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
M&M is about killing shit in great turnbased (with optional real time in the latter games) kombat and taking it's stuff.

It's not about deep emotional impacts and horror and edginess and making your companion like you more or you corrupting them or whatever.

The latter is what Obsidian does. Also, M&M games were always well optimized with few bugs.

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
Is there actually a chance that Obsidian are working on this?

Let's have a look at this paragraph again.

It almost feels like a fairy tale ending: after years of rushed projects, sudden cancellations, and brutal layoffs, Obsidian is suddenly in control of its own destiny. They've got two promising games on the way, and even just a few months ago, major publishers were knocking on their door: Urquhart told me he's been talking to Bethesda, Ubisoft, Warner Bros., and LucasArts.

YES!

It's a possiblity, of course. But what's weird about it is, that (Feargus I think) stated they have to make their contacts at Ubisoft first, in response to the Stick of Truth Ubisoft change.

Also its a bit early for the reveal, imo.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's a possiblity, of course. But what's weird about it is, that (Feargus I think) stated they have to make their contacts at Ubisoft first, in response to the Stick of Truth Ubisoft change.

Yeah, you're probably right.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
The OP was bad enough already, but suggestions that Obsidian might be the ones making it almost made me hang myself.

Falkner

Thread Decliner
Patron
Wasteland 2
I thnk the X might stand for a World of Xeen remake with state of the art graphics and improved combat. I'd play that.
World Of Xeen HAS state-of-the-art graphics.:rpgcodex:

The only thing I'd change about it would be a little popup window telling you the stats of an item like in MM6. Then WoX would be perfect.

Tolknaz

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Even if it was done by monkeys on teletypes it couldn't be worse than M&M IX was, so what difference does it make weather it's going to be Obsidian or some Ubisofts internal studio?

Stabwound

Arcane
In before those M&M fan projects get C&D'd.

This whole thing is a very terrifying prospect.

Wizfall

Cipher
I don't believe in the Obsidian possibility (or it won't be a blobber).
It seems very clear to me that Obsidian doesn't believe in the oldschool gameplay (not a critic, they are maybe right, should wait W2 and SR sales numbers).
They want to make cRPG with "modern" mechanic (not TB but real time) but better story like FNV or KoTOR 2
PE is the most hardcore they can go and they already stated one hardcore game is enough.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
So, I assume this will outsourced to potato like the last two Heroes games, huh?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't believe in the Obsidian possibility (or it won't be a blobber).
It seems very clear to me that Obsidian doesn't believe in the oldschool gameplay (not a critic, they are maybe right, should wait W2 and SR sales numbers).
They want to make cRPG with "modern" mechanic (not TB but real time) but better story like FNV or KoTOR 2
PE is the most hardcore they can go and they already stated one hardcore game is enough.

South Park is turn-based. :troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom