Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Titan Quest not shabby to MMGN

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Titan Quest

<a href="http://www.mmgn.com/">MMGN</a> has <A href="http://www.mmgn.com/review.php?id=40">a review</a> of <A href="http://www.titanquestgame.com">Titan Quest</a> up and ready for mass consumption. Score's a <b>7.5/10</b>, and here's part of the conclusion:
<br>
<blockquote>It’s a well made game with plenty of tiny details to get lost over. It does however get a bit repetitive killing mobs over and over. There are plenty of times when you’ll get close to killing bosses and dying and wanting to go back just to finish the job. It’s well worth playing but unless you’re a dedicated RGP player you’ll find yourself playing small spurts of the game instead of playing in for a large number of hours at a time. Be sure to also purchase a good hard wearing mouse when buying the game as you’ll need it.</blockquote>
<br>
I wasn't dedicated enough to get through the demo.
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.shacknews.com">Shack News</A>

Red Russian

Scholar
...unless you’re a dedicated RGP player...

He probably means if your'e a dedicated "action RPG" player. Titan can hardly be classified as a RPG, IMO.

vazquez595654

Arbiter
"better than Diablo 2." What a joke. Once the novelty wears off this games true colors will show. It won't get half the shelf life as Diablo 2, especially after Hellgate gets released.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
It's biggest shortcoming is the lack of a Battle.net closed/character vault and ladder system. That said, it's not a mediocre game by any means.

The developers have said that they are working on a Battle.net thing as an update to the game, or in an expansion pack that's already planned. AFAIK, a lot of the budget that went into the game was their own, so I don't think they're too worried about getting shut down the way Troika was.

Regardless, I doubt it'd see the shelf like Diablo 2 did, but it's a long time until Hellgate: London comes out. The game's only going into beta at the very end of the year and may not be out well until the 2nd or 3rd quarter of 2007. Titan Quest doesn't have anything in the way of action RPG competition, and NWN2 has a wholly different niche.

Direwolf

Arcane
Isn't that sort of game supposed to be called Rogue, or was it something that was made up some time ago and never took off?

xemous

Arcane
If only they could have interesting locations, NPCs that have a personality, and wider more free maps, like that of diablo II act 3 and 5, which I thought were cool.

And the whole Greek setting didn't really do it for me either. I preferred the Diablo style setting. It was more dark - there wasn't a single drop of blood in TQ either.

Direwolf

Arcane
I actually liked the idea of the Greek setting. Instead of making up a list of stupid ass "unique" monsters, they just used something that's been around for ages. Too bad they didn't use actual Titans, but i guess that's what sequels are for.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
Yeah TQ lacks something that was in Sacred: dismembering enemies. IIRC it was only in European version or you had to patch it (but it was official)...
No blood and no human enemies - I believe to get the T rating... Damn...

PS What was that about partial nudity (TQ rating: T - violence and partial nudity)? What does it mean in USA? "Nude" feet? WTF?

LlamaGod

Cipher
I think some monsters have colored boobies or something, it's been awhile since i've played.

I think I might reinstall it, but it ran a little shit for me. I kinda feel like playing an ARPG right now, but I don't really feel like playing Diablo 2.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom