Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Still looks pretty good, that's reassuring. Was a little fucking awful seeing the character block a massive club with a torch, but I doubt the real game will be like that.

AngryDude

Novice
BTW they should wait for next-gen consoles and up the graphics to their standards. What's the point of releasing this in 2014 when the ps 4 is coming this winter?

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
The series would be much better if they were real RPGs with turn based combat and not the action stuff. Mashing buttons gets repetitive and boring after a time. I'd like to see game mechanics and thinking being utilised rather than fast finger reflexes, but I guess that is even more hardcore than constant dying and doing the same thing over and over again in todays days.

'sup Drog

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I'm really digging everything I see. It looks like it's more of the same but even better with the new and exciting enemies. The environments are looking really good and hostile. Now it doesn't seem to be just the monsters who are out to get you, but the very ground you will be walking as well. Day 1 Purchase, niggaz.

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
Looking forward to that mineshaft level shown in that trailer. I can just imagine all the ways Fromsoft has come up with for trolling the players.

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
ibzNEuKYvUrYCC.gif

:lol: oh shi

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
: O

It's like the skeleton wheels down in the tomb, just multiplied x4 :lol:

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Reminds me more of the balls in Sen's actually. If they keep the message system (though I hope they don't) that'd be a great spot to drop a 'Illusory Wall Ahead' message.

Or a place to put an actual illusory wall.

keppj0nes

Educated
I felt very sad for the fat Armored Frog-Turtle dude when he got his ass spanked and then fell down like a tree. This evoked more emotion(tm) inside me than David Cage will ever able to deliver.

I'm pretty sure that was an attack, game will be so crazy.

AN4RCHID

Arcane
Combat looks a lot more twitchy and fast paced this time around. The fact that you can move while aiming the bow, do Xtreme dual-wield combos, and swing that giant sword like it was nothing is not filling me with confidence. Blocking with the torch/secondary weapon is fucking stupid, I hope that was made more effective to make the demo easier. Doubt it though, given the number of deaths. Those first few enemies looked way too easy, but I liked the look of the turtle guys.

Art design is very nice, though a little more generic heavy metal fantasy than Dark Souls from the looks of it. Also, that music...

Overall, neither as bad as I feared nor as good as I hoped. This pretty much confirms my suspicions that they are abandoning the lonely, haunting atmosphere of the first two games in favor of a testosterone-fueled chest-pumping badass action game. Still, for that kind of game this should be at the top of it's class. Expectations officially lowered but still pretty high.

betamin

Learned
The character is buffed up for the preview, early in the video he gets attacked and very little hp is taken. On the other hand, the dwarf axes him in the head and it's a one shot. I don't think the game will let you get away with absorbing lots of hits.

Edit: I hope the set character we're viewing with the winter armor is the tutorial-only character or something like that.

Also, fucking pumped.

Cynic

Arcane
Graphics look similar but definitely better, lighting and shadows look great. I'm wondering how they're going to pull it off on consoles as the previous game brought the PS3 to its knees in blight town. I'm really hoping they don't reduce the area sizes, that was a big plus going from Demons to Dark. All in all looks very awesome.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Mmm, this looks much better than I expected. I'm terribly sorry to have doubted you, From Software :3

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
It looks alright but I can't shake the feeling it's too... rehashy, for the lack of a better word. Feels like it should've a subtitled game, not a proper sequel. Than again it's the first damn gameplay video so I could be mistaken and there's nothing wrong with more of the familiar good stuff.

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
Graphics look similar but definitely better, lighting and shadows look great. I'm wondering how they're going to pull it off on consoles as the previous game brought the PS3 to its knees in blight town. I'm really hoping they don't reduce the area sizes, that was a big plus going from Demons to Dark. All in all looks very awesome.
They're using their own new game engine this time around, it should run much better. DeS and DaS were made using Sony's shitty PhyreEngine.

Xi

Arcane
BTW they should wait for next-gen consoles and up the graphics to their standards. What's the point of releasing this in 2014 when the ps 4 is coming this winter?

I wouldn't be surprised if that was running on PS4 hardware.

Cynic

Arcane
They're using their own new game engine this time around, it should run much better. DeS and DaS were made using Sony's shitty PhyreEngine.

OH RIGHT I didn't know that. Nice to see. Don't think this is coming out for PS4 though, must be PS3 right? Unless it's coming out for both. PS4 is still a while away yet no?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom