Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Kickstarter Drama: Conquistador, Shadowrun and Eisenwald

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
I think that in this context 'by' means 'closer to the end' rather than 'before'.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
Eh? It could be released next week and it would still be out by the end of the quarter.

Jesus. Is there a game that you don't whiteknight? This is just ridiculous. Next week isn't by the end of quarter and you know it.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm not whiteknighting. I'm just saying, the press release is ambiguous and non-committal. They probably don't know when the game will be done.

Let's just ask Avonaeon

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
No, is not ambiguous. Funny how all the things you say about the game is to reply to the negatives that some posters write about a game, almost never arguing with the apologists. But I'm pretty sure that telling yourself "I'm not defending anything" will make it true.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Funny how all the things you say about the game is to reply to the negatives that some posters write about a game, almost never arguing with the apologists.

Okay, I'm an apologist who spent an hour writing the newspost you're currently replying to, in which he called out Logic Artists for being a bunch of amateurs who have destroyed their own credibility. o_O

Zeriel

Arcane
Funny how all the things you say about the game is to reply to the negatives that some posters write about a game, almost never arguing with the apologists.

Okay, I'm an apologist who spent an hour writing the newspost you're currently replying to, in which he called out Logic Artists for being a bunch of amateurs who have destroyed their own credibility. o_O

vietnamnapalm1966www.jpg

Wicked Sick Burn Level: 10/10.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm still expecting a lot of angst from reality not matching up with expectations.

Possible, of course. Though I for one will be happy just to say I took part in an attempt to incline. I knew full well that I was pledging money to an as-of-yet-to-be-proven experiment, hoping against hope, but no more.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space

That doesn't make you less of an apologist. You spent one hour doing this newpost, but you spent thousands of you post defending games left and right. Anyways, you are stuck with your "I'm not defending anything" mentality so this discussion is futile. Carry on with your whiteknighting :salute:.

mbpopolano24

Arbiter
'Signing that paperwork' sure is taking them a long time. Maybe someone was out of the office.

What they do not tell you (and my main reason to be 'upset') is that the beta Logic Artists released on the day the game was supposed to come out was a shitty disaster of bugs and crashes to the desktop (over 500 bugs were reported just in the week after launch). This is a question was never answered by the developers and the reason I stopped to even care: How anybody in his sane mind would consider that build a 'finished' game ready to be released? Wasn't this supposed to always happen due the evil nature of publishers? Actually, in this case, having a publisher might as well mean that the game will be released in a 'finished' state.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Sure, if Wasteland 2 is competent enough I'll post something along the lines of "Looks like Gus Smedstad was wrong."

I'm still expecting a lot of angst from reality not matching up with expectations.

I share this assumption, especially because 'Wasteland 2' will be the first release of a KS premium game (scheduled after Shadowrun, but they 'only' got $1.8 mio). One thing I am a little concerned about is the relative (for CRPGs) short development time of WL2 - regarding that I am not sure if they can meet all the expectations out there.

FWIW, they can afford to delay release for a few months.

Infinitron obviously doesn't like Shadowrun.

:hmmm:

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
'Signing that paperwork' sure is taking them a long time. Maybe someone was out of the office.

What they do not tell you (and my main reason to be 'upset') is that the beta Logic Artists released on the day the game was supposed to come out was a shitty disaster of bugs and crashes to the desktop (over 500 bugs were reported just in the week after launch). This is a question was never answered by the developers and the reason I stopped to even care: How anybody in his sane mind would consider that build a 'finished' game ready to be released? Wasn't this supposed to always happen due the evil nature of publishers? Actually, in this case, having a publisher might as well mean that the game will be released in a 'finished' state.
But.. but... but... They said to Grunker that the game was ready. How can be this possible?

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
As expected finally the true face of kickstarter projects uncovers: "y0 go f0uck your face fuckface, I take ur money to hauwaii and make holipollyday, then I take a crap and deliver u on a plate, don't worry be happy"

Yeah, it's totally his fault, because multimillionaire companies always refrain from pushing their weight on us if we just STAND UP AND FIGHT FOR OUR CONSUMER RIGHTS!1! BOYCOTT NAO
They don't because majority of people are all talk, incapable of backing their words with action like those guys from that screen with boycott MW2 steam user group all playing MW2.

So your point is that if the majority of people rejected those practices, then those practices wouldn't exist...uh, yeah, I guess?

mbpopolano24

Arbiter

But.. but... but... They said to Grunker that the game was ready. How can be this possible?

Fuck if I know, or understand. If I'd dare to do anything even remotely close to shit like that in my line of work I'd be out of work in no time. Anyway, go over the forum backers if you wish to see with your own eyes, fortunately they label each issue with a ticket number; I stopped reading at ticket # 531. Again, this was on the built that was released on March 1.

Now, this shit does not meant that I think that the game is bad. Actually, with bugs and all, the game was a lot of fun (disclaimer: personal opinion, it does not mean it will be fun to you).

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
Actually, the Hispaniola campaign is somewhat fun... errr.. I mean, I was told it was somewhat fun. :oops:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Ah, cool. Checkpoints now prevent save-scumming. Thanks, Codex, I was always wondering what their purpose was.

Enjoy games based around checkpoints where all the content is designed checkpoint to checkpoint so that there's no chance of the poor players to fuck it up. It will be glorious, though, because it will be indie and indie is God.

Mortmal

Arcane
Arent you thankful , you will get shadowrun auto-updating on steam, a beautiful game, as incline as the new xcom , ah well no ... xcom allowed you to save when you want at least, but all in all its really comparable, no loot, no ammo problem none of those cumbersome inventory and paperdolls, how much you bet the skills checks will be sparce and rare too ? You will play it 20 hours at best and never come back.
But see the bright side,wait a few months, it will be soon at a -75% discounted price like kings bounty,ftl or grimrocks, i cant wait for the gold edition with all the cosmetic dlcs they will release, maybe they will make an offer like crusader kings 2 , that was a shitload of dlcs + the base game for cheap . Sucks to be a backer although , you paid full price .

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
But he's right tho. It's anathema to criticize indie games on the 'Dex.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom