Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Preview RPG Codex Report: Expeditions: Conquistador, Logic Artists and Kickstarter

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
Funny how they conveniently left the release date out of the last update.

Monty

Arcane
From the bitComposer website, it seems release date is now 'end of 2nd quarter':

Friday, April 12, 2013
bitComposer publishes Expeditions: Conquistador

Eschborn, April 12, 2013: Expeditions: Conquistador, a tactical role-playing game will be out by end of the second quarter 2013, offering PC adventurers an exciting and until now rarely used theme: the time of the exploration and conquest of the Americas.

Players will face difficult moral decisions as they attempt to successfully lead an Expedition of NPCs through the harsh wilderness of the historical New World. The game project, developed by Danish development studio Logic Artists was completed with the aid of a successful Kickstarter campaign. bitComposer Games will market Expeditions: Conquistador worldwide.

About Expeditions: Conquistador

It is the 16th century – an era of intrepid explorers and adventurers. In Expeditions: Conquistador, the player takes on the role of a famous-or infamous-conquistador, landing on the shores of the Americas, and with that, the New World. On the search for gold, fame, and adventure, the player and a few companions venture into regions never before explored by Europeans.

Expeditions: Conquistador offers the player in single or multiplayer mode the opportunity to conquer an unknown continent, or to fight on the side of the indigenous people as they defend their homeland from invaders. This will require not only tactical skills in battle, but also diplomatic finesse. The multitude of tactical possibilities in the turn-based battles, the numerous role-playing elements, and the wide scope for decision making all pose a daunting challenge.

tindrli

Arcane
From the bitComposer website, it seems release date is now 'end of 2nd quarter':

Friday, April 12, 2013
bitComposer publishes Expeditions: Conquistador

Eschborn, April 12, 2013: Expeditions: Conquistador, a tactical role-playing game will be out by end of the second quarter 2013, offering PC adventurers an exciting and until now rarely used theme: the time of the exploration and conquest of the Americas.

Players will face difficult moral decisions as they attempt to successfully lead an Expedition of NPCs through the harsh wilderness of the historical New World. The game project, developed by Danish development studio Logic Artists was completed with the aid of a successful Kickstarter campaign. bitComposer Games will market Expeditions: Conquistador worldwide.

About Expeditions: Conquistador

It is the 16th century – an era of intrepid explorers and adventurers. In Expeditions: Conquistador, the player takes on the role of a famous-or infamous-conquistador, landing on the shores of the Americas, and with that, the New World. On the search for gold, fame, and adventure, the player and a few companions venture into regions never before explored by Europeans.

Expeditions: Conquistador offers the player in single or multiplayer mode the opportunity to conquer an unknown continent, or to fight on the side of the indigenous people as they defend their homeland from invaders. This will require not only tactical skills in battle, but also diplomatic finesse. The multitude of tactical possibilities in the turn-based battles, the numerous role-playing elements, and the wide scope for decision making all pose a daunting challenge.

as i said before, they are doing a hell of a job :troll:

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
I wanted to buy the game regardless of all the butthurt, but now i am getting pretty butthurt myself. What's up with those guys?

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
What's up with those guys?
Basically, they feel comfortable now that they secured a publisher, so they are happily fucking with the backers and treating them as second (or worse) citizens. But you should ask Avonaeon, if the guy has the balls to come here and answer some questions.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I'm a bit confused about the rumours that the latest beta released to backers was a buggy mess. The KKKodex staff got a preview copy of the code back in january (Or was it febuary? Thereabouts) which seemed to run without any crashes or weird behaviours.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm a bit confused about the rumours that the latest beta released to backers was a buggy mess. The KKKodex staff got a preview copy of the code back in january (Or was it febuary? Thereabouts) which seemed to run without any crashes or weird behaviours.

Maybe it's like the Colonial Marines demo :eek:

Mortmal

Arcane
June ? Its taking a hell lot of time to include "achievements" and design the team fortress 2 conquistadores and maya hat as demanded by their publisher deal. We may even play grimoire before,no.. who i am kidding. More likely it undergo internal testing or stuff like that. Anyway the problem is not those guys the problem is kcikstarter is not really viable if you dont have a brian fargo or sawyer on board , they probably needed a lot more than the 80k, but theres no way they could have honestly asked it and received it .

CrashOberbreit

Evil Publisher
Hey guys,

As you may know I work for bC. But take my words as what they are: My words. Not my companies words. Please. I do speak for my company of course but that ain't some marketing blahish.
First of all: We won't change anything. LA came to us due to several reasons. Not because of funding, I should mention that maybe. The thing is that a specific digital distribution platform out on the interwebz is like 80% - 90% of the digital market. And their user-voted stuff doesn't work that well and a lot of good titles are going under here and there. Sometimes it's helpful, to have a partner who can still get in direct touch with such platforms. And sometimes you have to stay close to some guidelines these platform-owners have. And this means that a synched release is a must have sometimes.

I know, this wasn't precise and I didn't mention names or stuff - but I think those who read the lines will understand.
So what does this mean for the game? Pretty much nothing. It will come. It's more or less ready, the devs are using the time to polish things. And we are helping out with some platform-holders. Sadly, this does take some time. But I'm faithful that the game isn't far away anymore. More details soon.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hey guys,

As you may know I work for bC. But take my words as what they are: My words. Not my companies words. Please. I do speak for my company of course but that ain't some marketing blahish.
First of all: We won't change anything. LA came to us due to several reasons. Not because of funding, I should mention that maybe. The thing is that a specific digital distribution platform out on the interwebz is like 80% - 90% of the digital market. And their user-voted stuff doesn't work that well and a lot of good titles are going under here and there. Sometimes it's helpful, to have a partner who can still get in direct touch with such platforms. And sometimes you have to stay close to some guidelines these platform-owners have. And this means that a synched release is a must have sometimes.

I know, this wasn't precise and I didn't mention names or stuff - but I think those who read the lines will understand.
So what does this mean for the game? Pretty much nothing. It will come. It's more or less ready, the devs are using the time to polish things. And we are helping out with some platform-holders. Sadly, this does take some time. But I'm faithful that the game isn't far away anymore. More details soon.

Are you saying that VALVE is demanding a simultaneous release?

CrashOberbreit

Evil Publisher
(Guess someone will now shout that "why is that digital distributor needed anyways relase the shit for god's sake". Answer to that: Without some distributors out there, especially smaller teams, could also hang themselves cause they will never earn enough to pay their offices and workers. Sadly.)

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
It's more or less ready but they still need to polish for a couple of months. :lol:

Repressed Homosexual
This is another example of Valve more or less turning the PC into a closed platform so they can have all the control. Greenlight is just more hoops to go through to do the same thing.

CrashOberbreit

Evil Publisher
This is another example of Valve more or less turning the PC into a closed platform so they can have all the control. Greenlight is just more hoops to go through to do the same thing.
Again: I didn't say the platform at all. And for any terms or whatever: It is not necessarily needed. But it helps. We completely understand that some people are angry but sometimes, to keep studios running and alive, such "unwelcomed" delays are needed in favor of making at least enough money to start the next project (or to keep the old one updated). However, we expect to announce a final release date very soon.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
This seems a bit dubious to me. I've seen plenty of games that were released "ahead of time" on GOG and other distributors while they wait to be authorized on Steam.

It's not like Valve can't afford to be magnanimous.

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
Yes, but Greenlight is more transparent tool now. At least it gives a developer some information and feedback. Before Greenlight, you take fill our a form and submit it and receive yes or now with no feedback. And in case of a no, there is nothing you can do to change or improve. So, while Greenlight is not perfect it's a step forward definitely.

In case of Logic Artists, they tried, got feedback and made an informed decision about what to do next. That's smart.

CrashOberbreit

Evil Publisher
As said before: It's not needed. But it helps to bring games on such platforms cause it is a + argument.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom