Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls Discussion Thread

Linden

Arcane

Funny DS video. That's all.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
About the scaling; the letters are obviously imprecise, but more than that, they are proportional to base damage of the weapon. 'A' scaling on a dagger will give much less bonus damage than 'B' scaling on a scythe.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
YAY, I installed Dark Souls Prepare to Die in my majestic PC.

After spending almost a day trying to configure this crappy half-assed port for the PC, in order for the gamepad to work properly and have actual HD resolution and better performance with the DSFix, I finally manged to start a game and be able to play it without hicckups. Or so I thought.

So, after I completed the first -tutorialistic- area and actually entered the game --AND stated to enjoy it-- after an hour or so, the game started to act fucked up and now each time I load the game, after a couple of minutes it starts flashing white, the graphics look corrupted and in the end it crashes into what usually is a white screen.

Any ideas ?

From the readme:

It crashes, help!
=================
First, make sure that the .ini files are present in the correct location.
Additionally, the "dsfix" folder should be in that same location.
Turn off tools such as MSI Afterburner or other overlays that manipulate D3D.
Then try restoring the default settings in the .ini file
If none of these help then check if the problem still occurs when you remove/rename DINPUT8.dll
Finally, try rebooting
If the issue still persists, then report the problem, otherwise it has nothing to do with DSfix.

How can I uninstall the mod?
============================
Simply remove or rename DINPUT8.dll
The mod makes *no* permanent changes to *anything*.

Do you have the latest version?

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
tumblr_mkoo6d3Iwp1qbper1o1_400.gif

Random

Arcane
Patron
You know, the game became a lot more fun when I got over my inherent fear of PvP. I learned that with a +5 Chaos Zweihander and plenty of poise, you can pretty much kick anyone's ass. All that's left after getting a decent weapon is gaining experience and learning how to counter all the strategies like lagstabs.

Random

Arcane
Patron
You know, the game became a lot more fun when I got over my inherent fear of PvP. I learned that with a +5 Chaos Zweihander and plenty of poise, you can pretty much kick anyone's ass. All that's left after getting a decent weapon is gaining experience and learning how to counter all the strategies like lagstabs.

:lol: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QL8mpiAEWZ0

Yeah, I totally started to make Giantdad just for the hell of it and realized that the game's PvP can be pretty fun if you don't suck. Yeah, yeah, I'm everything that's wrong with the PvP community, blah blah dark magic, blah MLG blah. Honestly I didn't even use the Mask of the Father and instead just wore full Giant's armor for the extra poise, regardless of the fact that I couldn't fast roll anymore. I also used Power Within for every fight AND I didn't even make the build right, I put more points into attunement and intelligence and resistance because I felt like it.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
And when you block them they still fuck you up so hard. Ancient Mushroom > Ancient Dragon.

Why block when you can dodge? Or do they cheat and still able to move (as in, shift the attack direction) after starting the attack animation?

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
I felt bad when I killed the shroom kids and then their parents were after me. :(

Machocruz

Arcane
PvP is a lost cause with my connection. It's basically invincibility mode for the other player. I bet the total sum of damage I've actually done to people across both Souls game couldn't even fill my health bar.

And when you block them they still fuck you up so hard. Ancient Mushroom > Ancient Dragon.

Why block when you can dodge? Or do they cheat and still able to move (as in, shift the attack direction) after starting the attack animation?

They can rotate about halfway into the attack, before they lunge.

The reason you try to block is that after you've stopped the attacks of Manus/Artorias/Stone Golems/Dragons/etc you figure a 10 foot plantman should be no problem. But NOPE. Also when you are in The Great Hollow it's really hard to have room for dodging.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Just killed a giantdad in Havel's + child's mask, using black knight greatsword. Shit was rad.

Was that the one with 50 STR requirement? Did you just solely increase STR or how many levels did it take to be able to wield it effectively?

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Using full havel/stoneplate armor with a vit build and 27 str (or more for a tower shield as well) is probably the easiest way to play the game I can imagine. It utterly crushes every pve encounter. Rolling is totally irrelevant when you take forever to be killed and never stagger. The slow walking everywhere would be infuriating to me though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom