Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline The Codex is going down the toilet

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
This hasn't been as a result of any deliberate decision. Basically two things happened:

2. We got some new mods who are "more sensitive" to certain matters. I don't actually agree with a lot of the thread moving / post splitting / retardo'ing that's gone on in some forums (meaning I wouldn't have done it myself) but I also don't care enough to stop it. I like to give people leeway to "do their own thing" and so long as it doesn't cause too many problems, shit seems to work out. I think a lot of that attitude allows people like Crooked Bee to come onboard and just start making content without me having to tell her to. I'm not even sure who brought her onboard in the first place actually, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't me. So even then, someone felt the freedom to give it a shot and ask her to help write content. If you start running the place as a "I have to tell you do something" true dictatorship, nothing would happen. People would be too scared to act in case I "disagreed" and over-ruled them. Actually even some of the content we've had I wouldn't have agreed with and I hate how everything gets pre-fixed "RPG Codex Interview Review Preview" in the title now but hey, what can you do.
Drop these fucking moderators. Being laid-back is good. Letting people do their own thing is good. But when this gets moderators to start getting uptight over users and start running the show, we have a fucking problem.
Just so that I understand your point, by moving a thread into Retardo Land Jaesun is "running the show" and this is because he is "uptight" about copx? O-k.

Copx didn't need this shit, and neither do the rest of us. RPG Codex is home to a special type of curmudgeonly asshole: The kind who is sick and tired of fucking mods who censor us and shut us down for "the greater good." It leads to fucking incestuous communities where mods surround themselves with brownnosing scum and make us fucking enable retards by pretending they deserve respect and welcome instead of telling them to their face they are fucking stupid and need to get their shit in order if they ever want to get taken seriously.
You're a fucking stupid who needs to get his shit in order if you ever want to be taken seriously.

mods make us suffer the basic problem of not being able to say the shit we want to say. And that, my friends, is fucking annoying.
:hmmm:

So tell me, The Wanderer, what is it that you really want to say here that you're being prevented from saying?

It's ok, you can tell us, we're listening.

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
Jaesun has never seemed to have a problem with me disparaging gays, or homosexual media, nor has he issued me any warnings for doing so. He's alright in my book :love:. Maybe there's a legitimate issue, but I personally don't see it, nor have experienced it. Then again, maybe some people are just drama queen cunts looking to be professional victims.

tiagocc0

Arcane
Alright boys, let's organize this fucking mess, whoever wants to be banned please fill this form:
You might as well include a "will be back on" date field to make it more complete.

Mac Address: But I have a PC!
:lol:
The "will be back on" is a DLC, it costs $50. ;)

Jaesun never has had a problem with me disparaging gays, or homosexual media, nor has he issued me any warnings for doing so. He's alright in my book :love:. Maybe there's a legitimate issue, but I personally don't see it, nor have experienced it. Then again, maybe some people are drama queen cunts looking to be a professional victim.
I think it's more like, never, ever ruin a good thread.
I ran into a few pretty good threads that the flow was completely ruined by one single post and if I was a mod I would do the same in the case of those threads that I liked so much.
:x

copx

!Copx went away forever for almost a week
Welcome back copx.
Sorry, but Prosper's already got first dibs on whose alt I get to be.

[idgaf]

By the way, if I'm an edgy shitposter, shouldn't I be the one bearing the brunt of moderation? Moron, lol.
I'd ask you to actually read my previous post, but since that would overtax that peanut you have for a brain, I'll reiterate: It's only a problem when the thread turns to shit. One-off asides, albeit stupid, should be tolerated. Since your posts don't trainwreck the thread, I'm actually arguing you shouldn't get moderated, even if you're being OT and/or asinine.

Oh please. I spent 99% of my time on the Codex [1] making one liners and [2] harvesting brofists.
Ergo, you spent 99% of your time on the Codex being an [2] edgy [1] shitposter.

Also, people need to volunteer before a mod can be dropped (or rather, replaced).
Is this even true?

Oh lord, you take this place too seriously. It's hard to have a laid-back forum when people fight for rights on a forum as if it were life sustaining.
Au contraire, you're taking me too seriously. There's a real point to what I'm saying but the rage is just for kicks.

Just so that I understand your point, by moving a thread into Retardo Land Jaesun is "running the show" and this is because he is "uptight" about copx? O-k.
Well, yeah. Once mod powers are used to control what's going on, you're officially running the show. And if there's no real need, then I'd say you're being uptight. And that shit moderation needs to go.

You're a fucking stupid who needs to get his shit in order if you ever want to be taken seriously.
:bravo:

So tell me, The Wanderer, what is it that you really want to say here that you're being prevented from saying?

It's ok, you can tell us, we're listening.
I love you You love me
We're a happy family
With a great big hug and a kiss from me to you.
Won't you say you love me too
I love you You love me
We're best friends like friends should be
I love you You love me
We're a happy family
I love you You love me
We're best friends like friends should be

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What can mere men do against such reckless faggotry?

4mQGA4a.gif

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Jaesun has never seemed to have a problem with me disparaging gays, or homosexual media, nor has he issued me any warnings for doing so. He's alright in my book :love:. Maybe there's a legitimate issue, but I personally don't see it, nor have experienced it. Then again, maybe some people are just drama queen cunts looking to be professional victims.
Sure, you can say anything about gays and politics, etc., but oh noes if you call Dark Souls a RPg or Anachronox a jrpg :)

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I don't like Jaesun for that but then I take a step back and consider that I'd create just as much butthurt- I'd never allow Deus Ex or System Shock 2 in RPG Discussion, for example. Imagine the butthurt! (And I love those games, for the record.)

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Whats this tapatalk app thing.... my tablet keeps asking me to install it when I come to this website then it says not available when I click install..

I'm convinced my tablet is plotting against me.. skynet must be active. It has begun...

Random

Arcane
Patron
Jesus Christ copx just let it go, any respect and credibility you might have had by just leaving for good is totally gone now. I believe it is time for you to, and I quote, "lurk moar bitch-nigguh".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom