Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Masters of the Broken World (Eador 2)

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I have never seen anything as bad as this.

I think it's because of my i7-3770k, I have read that the high number of threads give such lockup problems to some games.
https://mega.co.nz/#!QJgXSTjL!berfU1KkBqBqrtTSQA1-Uh762A4yIVWgMvZYOyghkoY
You can try this benchmark. Don't forget to post results and temperatures. (Also you need to run all cmd for proper testing.)
If you will not have the same problem with this benchmark, it's likely theirs programming.

Repressed Homosexual
I did read that there was a similar problem with Bioshock Infinite. I would never guess that getting the most high end affordable CPU on the market would result in such headaches.

DakaSha

Arcane
I did read that there was a similar problem with Bioshock Infinite. I would never guess that getting the most high end affordable CPU on the market would result in such headaches.

The game was made in the unity engine. You might be able to find answers in the unity forum.

Or just pray it away you gullible fuck

DakaSha

Arcane
The game was made in the unity engine. You might be able to find answers in the unity forum.

Who told you that?

It is made in engine previously used in Real Warfare games.

To be honest its just an educated guess. It looks like a unity game and most telling of all the start up/option screen is exactly the same as the defualt one in unity.
Guess it's just a a coincidence and im wrong though.

Multi-headed Cow

Patch notes:

- Added a button at the center of the quarter wheel in the city screen. When pressed, it’ll position the camera on general city view.

Fixed:

- A bug that caused essential for progressing provinces appear on shards with standard conditions.
- Archmage’s inability to use two spells in his first turn.
- ‘Parry’ and ‘Forced March’ skills weren’t working properly in the first turn.
- Game’s freeze after diplomatic capture of a province.
- Event spam after hiring gargoyles.
- Wrong color of information display when a province is 100% explored.
- ‘Unrest’ icon will no longer be shown on the map if inhabitant’s attitude to player’s reign is positive.
- An exploit involving an exchange between heroes and hiring units in besieged enemy capital’s garrison.
- A bug that allowed learning spells during enemy capital’s siege.
- A bug that allowed learning spells from scrolls if the Library isn't constructed.
- Health indicator display at 1 HP for dragon and hydra units.
- A bug that allowed summoning creatures from eggs and keeping the eggs at the same time.
- Ability to summon creatures from eggs outside the garrison.
- Icons of guards unavailable for hire weren’t displayed correctly.
- A bug that allowed constructing planned buildings at the start of a turn during enemy capital’s siege.
- Mistiming in multiplayer caused by use of summoning skills or spells.
- Found ritual scrolls, guard pacts and building blueprints now won’t be displayed if hero’s inventory is full.
- Player’s portrait incorrect display on the statistics screen during the tutorial.
- A bug that caused wrong camera positioning in the city screen when a building from Foreign Quarter was selected.
- A bug that caused recurring uprising in a captured province.
- Inability to place units in a hot-seat or multiplayer battle after starting and leaving the tutorial.
- Upgrades for units weren’t displaying on the strategic map after using auto-battle or ‘Illusionary Battle’ ritual.
- A bug that caused the game to freeze after an enemy slug used ‘Necrophagy’ skill.
- Battle continuation after victory based on morale is achieved.
- Game’s freeze caused by using ‘Double Shot’ skill and enemy unit dying by the first shot arrow.
- Missing screen for choosing the second specialization for a hero when he was leveled up exploring a province.
- Game’s freeze caused by fighting in two battles in a row with different armies with auto-battle set to ‘On’.
- Game’s freeze caused by fighting in a battle and refusing to fight in the next one with auto-battle set to ‘On’.
- A nearby province was highlighted as impassable when ‘Forced March’ skill was used.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Yeah, is the only bug that I stil get sometimes, everything else has been running perfectly...
Except the AI being completely fucking broken and retarded? Or being able to magically garrison hordes of troops into a province turn after turn with no delay whatsoever? And apparently having infinite gold, able to revive and summon heroes and full armies every turn you siege them? Or AI turns taking extremely long periods of time, leading to 2-3 minute waits every turn in larger games?

There are a LOT of random bugs out there as well. Like heroes or units not getting the correct promotions, certain events freezing the game, the arena event being un-skippable, and so on. Many of them don't happen reliably but it just seems like the engine in general is unstable.

betamin

Learned
The tactical AI is bugged? I was thinking about getting this but that's a deal breaker.

Technoviking

Novice
Did the AI turns get any faster in this last patch? That's basically the major issue I've had with the game so far.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Angthoron

Arcane
Do I need to start a new campaign for karma to get carried over to world map, or does it just accumulate slowly?

DakaSha

Arcane
Or just pray it away you gullible fuck
This is just as tiresome outside of GD as HHR's own shtick, especially when he's not even doing it. Cut it out.

If it bothers you (fairly understandable), report it and have a mod tell me to.
I don't know wtf makes you think im going to listen to a random 'cut it out'.

Maybe because it makes sense and Jimbob is a nice guy?
too easy

Multi-headed Cow

A new update (1.0.8) will be available in a few hours.

Improvements:

— Turn resolution code has been optimized, resulting in speed improvement during AI turns.
— Better support for scalable interface windows.
— Provinces under AI control will now trigger random events just like the player’s provinces do.
— Maximum zoom level on strategic map has been increased a little; the camera can be brought closer to the ground level now.
— AI construction decisions have been improved.

Fixes:

— Fixed an error with the body of a slain hero taking too long to be delivered to the stronghold.
— Fixed an error with AI heroes’ level computation, resulting in AI heroes gaining levels too fast.
— Fixed an error causing the AI to engage into battles with hopeless odds of victory.
— Fixed an error causing the AI to ignore the construction limits, such as constructing 5 first tier military buildings instead of 4.
— Fixed an error causing the AI to spend too many resources on mercenaries.
— Fixed an error in construction window, when clicking to select the Great Temples set of buildings caused selection of the Matter Transmutation set instead.
— Fixed an error with unlocking the “Viva la Revolucion!” achievement.
— Fixed an error where the unit selected in the garrison window sometimes could not be deselected and dropped from cursor, resulting in the game getting stuck in the garrison window.
— Fixed a misguiding tooltip on the bottom panel button in the citadel interface.
— Fixed a tactical combat interface error with ending turn while a spell is selected.
— Fixed an error with a medal being awarded after winning a shard for conquering every province therein.
— Fixed erroneous display of access conditions for the third foreign quarter building of lizardmen allies.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
— Turn resolution code has been optimized, resulting in speed improvement during AI turns.

Fixes:

— Fixed an error with AI heroes’ level computation, resulting in AI heroes gaining levels too fast.

Fucking finally, time to start playing again.

Technoviking

Novice

— Fixed an error causing the AI to engage into battles with hopeless odds of victory.

The first one is great, especially if the difference is quite noticeable.

Hopefully the second one will result in the AI having an easier time of 'breaking out' on some maps.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The music bug is still not fixed. Fuuuuuuuu.... I'm starting to think that it is not a bug, but a feature. The game mixes up the music deliberately.

subotaiy

Cipher
So, any impressions after the last patch regarding the AI turn duration? Is the game playable now or should i stick to Genesis?

DakaSha

Arcane
honestly my advice is the stick to genesis for another 4 months or so.
I keep thinking the game is fine, then i read the patchlogs and realize even more was broken then i thought.

I am confident that they are gonna make it good though. so far they seem quite comitted

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom