Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Metro: Last Light

DeepOcean

Arcane
Angry Joe's review is here if anyone's interested. It's OK in my opinion, except the part where he says that sometimes the game is inmature, because they show boobs (don't mind that it only happens in one area). More hilareious, that he says that there is a missed opportunity here, they could have made some real romantic stuff in here, with mature sexual stuff. Like Mass Effect. LIKE MASS EFFECT? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU....
I really didn't understood him in this review, he seemed to be very happy while pretending to be fapping all the time in his Witcher 2 review while going insane for a little nudity here. Vagina shot right from the start vs. boob action... which is better?:lol:

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
I ordered the limited edition from Amazon because it seems to me they were taking immersion really seriously (as much as they could in a linear FPS), and also after reading about their working conditions in Kiev.

Also I wish to support proprietary engines. All of these Unreal-based games feel the same.

Psquit

Arcane
gonna try the free version. My potato computer could run the first metro with all low... hoping to do the same with this game.

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
I don't have problems with running the new one on the highest everything, but it actually looks shit. The game looks much better on medium-high settings with shitsparkles turned off.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I don't have problems with running the new one on the highest everything, but it actually looks shit. The game looks much better on medium-high settings with shitsparkles turned off.
Could you describe "shitsparkles?" I run the game fairly well on the "normal" setting at 720p, and I want to know what I'm missing.

ohWOW

Dumbfuck Queued
You are missing nothing with af, ssaa, blur and tessellation turned off or on low setting.

hiver

Just finished it. Took me a part of the day. i guess some...8 hours or so?

What a crap game...

The... westernization of the team and the whole game is very - VERY obvious.
They are shooting for the mass market and it shows so much its disgusting.

But hey, lets all feel sorry for the team because they dont have some kind of fucking chairs in their work place.
Yeah? Poor fucking developers and their poor work conditions, right?
Having to sit all day inside of some building. Fucking horrible eh?

Everything is On the fucking rails from the start. Literally - in every sense. Everything is fed to the player and everything is made too fucking easy.
So much its ridiculous.

The worst offender is Stealth. All of it.
Its so streamlined that you can walk up to enemies standing up - you can even fucking jump behind their back. You can do it from the side of them too.

If their light beam isnt pointed directly at you - they dont fucking hear or see a fucking thing.
Blind and deaf.

Whats even worse - sometimes you come into a room or a location and two enemies stand at some point in a way that makes things difficult for you if you want to stealth through.

All you need to do is stealth - walk somewhere near to them to trigger a fucking small script which makes them move away, separate from each other and go crouch in a dark corner while staring at the fucking wall!
- so you can walk straight to their backs and just kill them. Or knock them out.
This is the stealth of this shit game.

THEY NEVER CHECK if any other soldier is dead. They never patrol, except in some small short stupid obvious scripted sequence - in a way that only allows you to walk right to them and take them out.
You can take out 9 soldiers and the last one will not call out to them, not see or notice their flash lights going out... nothing.

At the same time, every location has so many different places to hide into, so many nooks, pieces of machines and small walls and different dark places and passages under the floors - there is literally no chance of being detected. At all.

the stealth is UTTER SHIT.

The ENEMIES

Are stupid and have been streamlined and weakened.
Humans are zombified idiots and there is less mutants then there was in the first game - which are all made too easy too.
Few stupid "boss" bullet sponges that require constant kiting in a limited enclosed space as a mechanic to win.

Fucking genius eh?

No Librarians - or any gameplay like that.(which was the best section - and best enemies of the previous game for many reasons)

Shoot your way through buster. Bang, bang, fucking bang.

THE STORY

is stupid.
Fuck you and your commies and your stupid nazies.
Why?

BECAUSE ITS JUST A COPY FROM THE FIRST FUCKING GAME.
Same old tired shit - stupid old ideologies repeating themselves ad nauseam .... and WHY?

Because whoever wrote this shit script cannot invent anything newer or original!
Down to stupid fucking alien kid being your pall - literal fucking E.T. side of the story which is so idiotically shallow and stupid and seen before its disgusting.
All together with the "pass the bucket!" ending of ...gawd... alien kid going into sunset and waving back....

ughh...

fuck...

blllaaarrrghhh!

What you have here is nice graphics.... cutscenes to go out of your ears, EXPLOSIONS! BOOBS! Linear railroaded everything... and... what... good voice overs?
The game not only doesnt bring anything new from the first. It doesnt expand on any of its good parts but actually cuts them out.
Its even more stremlined, cheap, shallow, with no story behind it worth considering except as some kind of a stupid filler material.

Moving more into the interactive movie direction eh?

applause ukranians - applause.

I bet those nice comfy chair are incoming as we speak eh?

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
:lol:

Never change hiver, never change.

BTW the original script comes directly from the creator of the Metro universe, Dmitry Glukhovsky.

hiver

oh look ,... the codex pathetic cunt winner copy pastes a line he thinks has some kind of meaning - while he doesnt have anything to say about any of the issues at all.

how fucking surprising, eh?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
:2/5:
It was so shit, you finished it in single 8 hour walkthrough, amirite???

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
I'd like to know which line I actually copy pasted? :lol:

Oh wait,
dumbfuck.gif

hiver

Does the game last any longer? I took my time, went through those few "optional" small areas they managed to include somehow, between wasting years of multiplayer that was canned in the end and other stupid shit.

But its all too piss easy. The game doesnt require any effort so... it cant last any much longer than that.
Is it actually 8 hours or 12 doesnt really matter.
Its short, easy, linear, steamlined and narratively shallow stupid crap regurgitated

for mass audeinces - once again.

Yes i finished it... trying to see if there is anything there, anything better, does it actually go anywhere at all.
is that a problem now?

Am i supposed to criticize something without knowing what im talking about now?

I'd like to know which line I actually copy pasted? :lol:
The "never change..." line you despicable shallow shit.

What, oh wait?

You think youre funny?
But its you who is one of the bigger dumbfucks on the site Solar.
Proven over and over again by yourstupidself.

A real dumbfuck actually put that tag there, and now another (by that i mean YOU) repeats it.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Does the game last any longer? I took my time, went through those few "optional" small areas they managed to include somehow, between wasting years of multiplayer that was canned in the end and other stupid shit.

But its all too piss easy. The game doesnt require any effort so... it cant last any much longer than that.
Is it actually 8 hours or 12 doesnt really matter.
Its short, easy, linear, steamlined and narratively shallow stupid crap regurgitated

for mass audeinces - once again.

Yes i finished it... trying to see if there is anything there, anything better, does it actually go anywhere at all.
is that a problem now?

Am i supposed to criticize something without knowing what im talking about now?
1) what difficulty did you play it on?
2) It seem that in your opinion it is a pile of shit from the very beginning. What did you expect after 6 hours? To become magically better? No, you probably enjoyed it and you finished it.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
hiver has some valid points, but there is a failure of communication along the way.

Stealth is indeed somewhat broken because it takes in consideration the static light sources (the blue lamp) and the NPCs field-of-view, however the NPCs field-of-view is overwritten if the blue lamp is off (therefore if you are in the shadow).
This is annoying in some cases like this: light area -> shadow area (player) -> light area -> NPC (facing the player). In these cases the NPCs should be able to see your silhouette even if you are sitting in the shadow, but it doesn't. Or am I wrong?

Not being able to drag corpses is another failure. Too many paths for stealth approach. And so on.

ohWOW

Dumbfuck Queued
On the revolution level I was hiding in the corner. The guard with a flashlight faces me 5 meters away. Turns the flashlight straight to me. Sees nothing. Can't see I knocked out another guy in the shadow, while he's still in front of me with a flashlight on.

Multi-headed Cow

I like the text of that article. Boils down to "Yeah so someone found that there're naked ladybits in this game, but as a game journalist I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing so I'll act cagey about it because I don't know what I think about it because I haven't read what I think about it on Twitter yet. SolInvictus help me! Also here are some pictures of said ladybits but we'll scribble over them using MS Paint because again I don't know what the fuck I'm doing. I need to calm my frayed nerves with some MTN DEW"

Direwolf

Arcane
On the revolution level I was hiding in the corner. The guard with a flashlight faces me 5 meters away. Turns the flashlight straight to me. Sees nothing. Can't see I knocked out another guy in the shadow, while he's still in front of me with a flashlight on.

Still better stealth gameplay than Dishonored.

hiver

1) what difficulty did you play it on?
2) It seem that in your opinion it is a pile of shit from the very beginning. What did you expect after 6 hours? To become magically better? No, you probably enjoyed it and you finished it.

1) Why it must have been on super fucking easy with stealth cheats enabled MATT!

2) Sure! I actually loved it! but im in fucking denial of my love!!! MATT!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom