Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Fallout 2 Interactive LP. Oh yeah! Time to take some action points!

MorteTorment

Novice
Edit: Ok, I got the youtube video to display, but it has a weird error, Need to figure out how to remove it.

Welcome to MorteTorment's Fallout 2 Interactive Let's play!

Hey everyone. I've had an idea for a type of LP such as this for a while, but I haven't run into an active forum that is focused on this idea for a while.

Anyways, this is going to be an CYOAish LP, where I take several liberties. By that I mean that while I'm going to do what seems quite common in forum based LPs, and add onto ideas that are already in said game, I'm going to take things a bit further. I should also make this very clear. This is NOT an Ironman CYOA.I'll expand a bit on this in a bit.

What is Fallout 2?

The intro video, of which I will post in a bit will explain the background storyline better than I ever could.

But as for a basic explanation for those of you here that really don't know anything about the game at all:

From Wikipedia:

Fallout 2 is a role-playing open world video game developed by Black Isle Studios and published by Interplay in 1998. While featuring a considerably larger game world and a far more extensive storyline, the graphics and game mechanics from Fallout remain mostly unchanged.

The game's story takes place in 2241, 80 years after the events of Fallout.[1] It tells the story of the original hero's descendant and his or her quest to save their primitive tribe from starvation by finding an ancient environmental restoration machine known as the Garden of Eden Creation Kit (GECK)

How we play

Generally, I'll going to at the very most try to give you no more than 5 actions to choose from at all times as I go through Fallout 2.

For example, as far as character creation goes, I'm going to let you choose between three characteristics, which will determine who the main character is.

As for what ultimately gets chosen, and the results of the said action well that is determined by not just your choices, but often a dice roll as well.

As I said before, I'm also going to be taking several liberties with this playthrough, such as gaining extra character points throughout the game if certain things occur, as well as changing what the character will find at certain points in the game. And again, this is very a non-ironman CYOA. so I'll be saving the game at certain points, and reloading as well if death occurs. They're what I call restore points. More than anything, I just want to have some fun with this idea of mine.

Anyways, I hope that explained everything, but if not, please just ask. Now let's choose our main character!

---

1. Buffy is a 16 year old girl, kind of the runt of the tribe. Until she was revealed to be a potential chosen, she was close to being an exile, as her parents were the first victims of the villages current state. Unable to feed herself, she gets by via stealing whatever she can get away with. She has a certain fondness for Sugar, practically addicted to it, which seems to make her more agile. Like most tribals, she is illiterate, but she can be fast learner if something interests her.

Firearms are forbidden by the tribe for everyone besides the village leader, which is unfortunate since Buffy has always wanted to own a Shotgun that she's seen so many merchants vising the tribe carry.

2. Buffy is a 19 year old woman(Despite what the pic says). Forced to marry Hakunin, the village Shaman a year ago against her will has made her quite unhappy, but Hakunin has been a great teacher despite his insanity and absentmindedness, and he taught her how to recover from her wounds quickly, despite her somewhat weak immune system. He also has taught her how to read using some complex pre-war medical books.

Firearms are forbidden to everyone in the tribe besides the village leader. which is a shame because she has always wanted to own a Bozar like Hakunin has always told her about in his dreams after certain cold nights of intense passion.

3. Buffy is a a 35 year old woman. The oldest living member of the tribe. she has found a way to defy what constantly living in the elements that the tribe lives in that sends them to such an early grave, as most look like the village elder by the time they're her age (22). This very fact has made her seem a bit more dependable, and a good candidate for when the elder retires. Since she is considered worthy of godhood by so many, few were surprised that she turned out to be the chosen one.

Firearms are forbidden to everyone in the village besides the village elder, but considering Buffy's natural abilities, the elder decides to make an exception, training her to be proficient with pistols in secret, giving her a spare Colt 6520, and telling her if she becomes proficient with it, she'll give her her most cherished possession.

MorteTorment

Novice
Was about to say that you'll get MOAR quicker if I get a few votes in, but you just voted, so it's all good. Oh, and sorry to dissapoint you, but none of the characters are mothers! :P You can consider them all hot though! :P

And yeah, I probably should have listed then by a, b, and c instead of 1, 2, and 3. I'll do with future votes.

Thanks for the votes of confidence you two. Oh, and dibens, I forgot to tell you this via pm, but the fact that you yourself went with the whole pick between 3 characters instead of choosing individual skills was the main reason why I set things up this way, so thanks for the inspiration.

MorteTorment

Novice
About to take off. Keep on voting people and I'll probably start tomorrow afternoon.

baturinsky

Arcane
I suggest going 9 IN/PE/LK, so you can just do that Citizenship Test in their dumb faces. And it will make a great sniper later (after level 24, that is).
What patches/mods are you going to use?

MorteTorment

Novice
Well, we have a tie, so I'm gonna go with the 35 year old woman, which I'm quite happy about since she's easily my favorite of the three.

Let's take some action!

Dateline: July 25th, 2241

Message from the village elder:

You then are led to the Temple of Trials, by Klint, a fellow Tribal, who warns you that you have 5 hours to complete the Temple of Trials, or you will be sealed inside it forever. He also tells you that certain risks in the temple may be worth the reward. tells you that you have the whole village supporting you, and that "You can do it!"

Your starting equipment is a Colt 6520 10mm pistol. Hopefully you'll encounter some ammo for it soon.

Anyways, it's time to go through the temple, there are four ways that you can approach this, each with different rewards.

Action A: Fight everything, and be careful of the traps within the Temple.

Action B: Fight Everything, and rush through all of the traps within the Temple.

Action C. Avoid all enemies, but be careful not to set off any traps.

Action D. Rush through the trial, trying to finish it as quickly as possible.

Sorry that this was so short, as I wasn't sure exactly what else I could add here. Believe me when I say that whatever is chosen, the next part will be MUCH bigger, and it'll be posted later today.

dibens

as seen on shoutbox
Patron
Been there, done that. D

Also, there's something wrong with the way you embed screenshots. They're so small I can't read anything and clicking on them hotlinks to the source page instead of enlarging pictures to their original size. It should be IMG direct link to the picture /IMG without the URLs

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom