Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Expeditions: Conquistador Released

Ramireza

Savant
I do like that the first complaint on their forum is that it's too hard.
When the game tells me a probability above 80% and I keep missing that roll *way* more often than not something is wrong. No strategy can work when the odds I'm told and the actual results don't match.
Another person who doesn't understand how probabilities work. And it's a German too. Looks like the stereotype about their being hardcore RPG players doesn't hold up universally.

There is no need to be hardcore to have fun with RPG´s or games in general.

Stereotypes are stupid btw.

Rake

Arcane
When the game tells me a probability above 80% and I keep missing that roll *way* more often than not something is wrong. No strategy can work when the odds I'm told and the actual results don't match.
Another person who doesn't understand how probabilities work. And it's a German too. Looks like the stereotype about their being hardcore RPG players doesn't hold up universally.

There is no need to be hardcore to have fun with RPG´s or games in general.

Stereotypes are stupid btw.

So not expecting to sit and breeze through games in your first try is hardcore now?
Actually it is and that's the :decline:.
Games are made for you to win them, so they should have at least some chalenge in them. If you want to sit in your couch, turn your brain off and "relax", watch a TV show :rpgcodex:

Sranchammer

Arcane
Vatnik

Yeah, thats realy great!

Hey, and i am sure that he also owns a 360... Of course he played a First persons shooter a few years ago.. HE MUST BE STUPID!

Elitist ppl sucks tbh

Haha! Yeah! That's the spirit! Care to join my eleete gamerz klub?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
So, dex review?

I believe Roxor got promised the review copy. So you'll have to pester him for it.

Or just take my word that it's really rather good and well worth the jewgoldz. Or procure it through alternate means for demoing, realize it's really rather good, then purchase it with jewgoldz.

Through this link, so KKKodex gets referral comissions.

Also, we got quoted on their press page:

fhJTlx7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Ok I've been Logic Turdist's biggest critic but the irony is that of all the dozen KS I've backed the one that actually has a game released is from them so I don't care that much about them being sellout scum.

Good work LA and Shitcomposer!

On a comparable note it's good to see Cleve has another excuse ready for not shipping the game in May. Now he's relocated his entirely family to an undisclosed location, but rest assured that there will be something by the end of June...honest. snigger. I pity the fools on the Codex that actually backed this shit.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I believe Roxor got promised the review copy. So you'll have to pester him for it.

Or just take my word that it's really rather good and well worth the jewgoldz. Or procure it through alternate means for demoing, realize it's really rather good, then purchase it with jewgoldz.

Through this link, so KKKodex gets referral comissions.

Also, we got quoted on their press page:

fhJTlx7.jpg

Roxor is not doing the review.

Last edited by a moderator:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Great game so far, playing it in Spanish & Ironman for maximun :obviously:.

It has that nice AoD touch were you're not a invincible god of war and people WILL kill you easily if you play dumb.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I've spent the majority of yesterday playing this, mostly fucking around and exploring the area, but I've done a couple of quests too. Loving it so far. Playing as a friend-of-all-living-things diplomat, my first combat encounter (not counting the tutorial) was after three hours. Ambushed by natives (my scouting kinda sucks), got my ass kicked hard. Thought it was game over, but it turned out I can continue from there and just deal with the consueqences of failure. :incline: Next battle, I used a radically different tactics, and different people, and managed a flawless victory. The feeling of learning from your own mistakes = priceless.

Also, good writing and the fact that everything you do has some consequences (sometimes major and not immediately apparent) is great.

So far, GOTY 2013, but it's not over yet (neither the year, nor the game), so don't pop these champagne bottles yet. ;)

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Does the game have a demo? I am interested in it and would gladly pay them if I could test it out first

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Does the game have a demo? I am interested in it and would gladly pay them if I could test it out first
Are you saying you would still pay for it even if you thought it sucked? Because that makes no sense.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Downloaded the "demo" now, can't even start it because it uses a too high hz count my monitor doesn't have and I can't find any ini file I can manually edit it outside of the game. Great!

Tigranes

Arcane
First party on Hard + Smartest AI got wiped, a few bad decisions in combat and exploration and I was on a chronic shortage of food and medicine (1 doctor and 2 hunters is not enough), and ended up attrition'ed away by every successive challenge. Which is of course realistic, great stuff. Going to try again.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I miss something like in-combat moral or injury affecting damage... everyone has shittons of HP and they still do full damage at 1HP...

wergle

Educated
The binary alive/dead model is indeed meh but there is no hitpoint bloat at all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom