Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CKII is released.

mondblut

Arcane
The Spirits is mighty indeed. :smug:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Sad case. I realized it was for Mauretania.
I won it and wondered why the Andalusia portion of the Umayyad is still around.
It's okay. I will finish the job soon with Umayyad before they can recover from the Civil war and Holy War defeat.

baturinsky

Arcane
How do people distribute conquered lands? Currently my best bet is coasts to republics (mostly for galleys), rest to feudals of my dynasty, and leftovers to clergy. Mostly as duchies.
Is it gonna blow into the face of one of my successors?

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I generally wouldn't have too many republics. The -30 opinion they have by default can get really nasty when you don't have enough honorary titles to throw around in emergencies, and patricians will have a HUGE gift cost.

RK47

Patron
I keep recruiting 'Content' trait holy men and giving away duchies.
Republic vassal is good too, but I don't like it when they have 60% liege army strength when they join the faction. Gotta slice that pie a bit.

RK47

Patron
Grabbed Italy. :smug:

01.jpg

Ummayyad seems solid overall. The Great Holy War was for Mauritania - not for Andalusia. :(
I guess I might just try to slice the Aquitane cake since they now hold Germany and Burgundy. Three Kingdom King... wait till the liege dies and slice the pie.

RK47

Patron
Tried to bash my way past Aquitane, no luck, the moment they pull in Bavaria, Scotland into the war, I had to declare white peace. Also, three revolts.
Annoying. I then decided to go for a venture on Brittany and Normandy, capping a few revolting counties.

Hopefully, we can springboard a good invasion on England.
11th Century Europe
02.jpg

Widening our Cassus Beli net is always a good move.

Zeriel

Arcane
It's not like putting provinces in is hard. It's literally just having some historical data, then editing a text file. My guess is most of the work for provinces is balancing them, not putting them in.

Kukulkan

Learned
Regardless, paradox still need to make theocracies playable, fix the crusades mechanic to be historically accurate, and allow for a save game conversion to EU4. I'm also disappointing that the members of this forum can't keep their GD bullshit in GD.

Kukulkan

Learned
Africa looks so barren and empty. I hope Paradox release an expansion or extensive patch making the place livelier.

All that desert kinda fucks the prospect up, unless you want to drive the map even deeper down into the Yoruba coast/East Africa, and that would be kinda ridiculous because its too far away to matter to the game's theme. West Africa is in because it was in the CK period that the Religion of Peace spread to West Africa. .

Why does all that desert prevent making africa more lively. Surely those barren area was populated by some groups in real life. Relevance doesn't matter so long as it gives more depth.

RK47

Patron
The Norse were never ready for the Black Panthers

03.jpg

Zeriel

Arcane
Nice to see Byzantine Byzantining. They should really reform to Rome, though! It's not like the Arabs are going to stop them from taking Tunis/Jerusalem/Antioch.

baturinsky

Arcane
Is there some way to automatize general appointing on middle-up authority? It gets annoying when you have many armies.

Kukulkan

Learned
I have a problem where save games where I switched from one country to another end up crashing to the desktop. Anybody able to help me?

Multi-headed Cow

Trying Old Gods for the first time, think I may have hit a bug. I got an invasion event, I decided to go for Wessex. It seems it's a "Prepared invasion" since it says I'm preparing to invade and I keep getting tons of troops showing up to loot things. Thinking a prepared invasion was just vikings beating shit up and taking treasure I sail into England and start smashing crap. Time passes, I loot the hell out of England, and then it tells me I never invaded and take a big prestige and piety hit. The fuck bros?
So I look it up on a wiki and it says prepared invasions are for conquest, not looting. Not what I wanted to do, but whatever. The down side is the wiki seems to imply that actually launching you invasion is triggered by declaring war. Unfortunately I have no option to declare war on the guy I've been plundering, and in fact under his opinion of me it says he thinks we're at war. But time is still ticking along and it'll say I haven't invaded even though I've torn them apart.

So what's the deal bros. Bug, or have I grossly mistaken how to trigger it so it thinks I've invaded? Do I have to actually conquer them in that amount of time? I don't have a warscore up for them. I'm at a loss.

Edit: Alright, I think it might've been fucked up because I got an invasion request by some other dude after I was preparing my invasion, and it seems like that's all wrapped up together. Maybe. I don't know.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
You declare war within the time limit to trigger the invasion, quite simple.
But a prepared invasion is supposed to be something you start yourself in the diplomacy menu, not a random event so it could be a bug somewhere.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Yes, you are grossly mistaken. Raiding is something you can do without declaring war, but counts as "war" for both sides. Naturally, because you've got your assholes on their territory, but the game's rules you need to get them out and disband levies if you want to declare a real war.

Borelli

Arcane
There is a random event that asks you "your fellow vikings think you are a huge pussy do you want a prepared invasion to prove yourself Y/N?"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom