Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Prosper Realms of Arkania: Shovelware Edition

Kukulkan

Learned
This is too good to be true. This has to be a hoax.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
There's some meaty Q&A in the Facebook page.

So, please clarify for non-German speakers. Are we getting the Steam key for this game or not? If not, is there an option to pre/order this any time soon?

Of course, sorry: The english Version will be available on Steam about the same time as the Collectors Edition, meaning as of our current information by the 30th of July. You can either order it directly on Steam or wait for a boxed edition to come to a software store near you. Buyers of the (german) Collectors Edition can contact our support to get a Steam Key after proving their purchase.

https://www.facebook.com/DSANordlandtrilogie?filter=2

Other interesting questions regarding character customization, mod and DSA rules are all in German. So any German speakers care to enlighten us? :D

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'm a Vaterland Spy :)

Rules: The old DSA 3.0 rules of the original games will be used (current version is 4.1) - a few enhancements of 4.1 are integrated in the game.

They were already #1 in Action Adventures Charts at Amazon.de (current rank: 4)

You can see the equipped weapon in combat, but not the rest of the gear (maybe this will be enhanced in later versions).

Old enhancements from Shadows over Riva and Star Trail will be integrated in Blade of Destiny HD.

They plan to enhance the game in general after release (new content, updates etc. on a regular basis)!

All 3 original games are planned for a HD release.

A closed beta is already in test since 12-June-2013.

Minimal requirements:
Windows XP, Vista, 7 oder 8, Intel Core2Duo /
AMD X2 CPU or better, min. 2.4 GHZ, 2GB RAM, Geforce
240GT / AMD 3700 or better, min. 256MB VRAM, Mouse,
Keyboard, Sound

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
I'm a Vaterland Spy :)

Rules: The old DSA 3.0 rules of the original games will be used (current version is 4.1) - a few enhancements of 4.1 are integrated in the game.

They were already #1 in Action Adventures Charts at Amazon.de (current rank: 4)

You can see the equipped weapon in combat, but not the rest of the gear (maybe this will be enhanced in later versions).

Old enhancements from Shadows over Riva and Star Trail will be ingrated in Blade of Destiny HD.

They plan to enhance the game in general after release (new content, updates etc. on a regular basis)!

All 3 original games are planned for a HD release.

A closed beta is already in test since 12-June-2013.

Minimal requirements:
Windows XP, Vista, 7 oder 8, Intel Core2Duo /
AMD X2 CPU or better, min. 2.4 GHZ, 2GB RAM, Geforce
240GT / AMD 3700 or better, min. 256MB VRAM, Mouse,
Keyboard, Sound

:bro: :bro: :bro:

Wow, it really is too good to be true..

mondblut

Arcane

New content is good. Phexcaer could use some lovin', originally it clearly has a bunch of adventure hooks which go nowhere.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Where can I order the boxed collector's edition? Is there an english Collector's Edition or is it just a regular dvd-type case/ box?

For now they speak only of a german boxed collector's edition. All other versions will be released electronically over Steam etc.
At least that's how I understand it.

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck
i hope they fixed that XP bug where the first encounter can give half the XP in the whole game
Are you sure you're talking about Blade of Destiny? You started in a city so there was no set first encounter. In Star Trail you ran into a group of orcs when you left the starting town.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Where can I order the boxed collector's edition? Is there an english Collector's Edition or is it just a regular dvd-type case/ box?

For now they speak only of a german boxed collector's edition. All other versions will be released electronically over Steam etc.
:killit:

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
i hope they fixed that XP bug where the first encounter can give half the XP in the whole game
It's not a goddamned bug. First encounters with a creature type give the most XP so if you could manouver into a large battle with a new creature you'd get lots of it.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
Yeah, new content sounds good. I wonder what they're going to do to differentiate the dozens of towns with nothing in them that are exactly the same. With tiny towns, they could do what they did in Star Trail and just make them dialogue choices with an inn, a blacksmith and whatever else.

mindx2

Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

You're gonna have a rough time the next few decades.
I still have the Kickstarter dream.... :P

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck
from a role playing pov it kinda makes sense, but its a bit metagamey to avoid easy battles early on for large ones

in Star Trail, after the first battle, the goddess of war (Rondra) "bestows" enough XP on you to get you up to level 5 (if you didn't import a party from Blade of Destiny). Nothing comparable happens ever again in the game.

80Maxwell08

Arcane

Not for long if they keep trying to go all digital there too.

mindx2

Patron

Maybe for the lower profile projects but I imagine select KS (higher profile teams like InXile) will at higher pledges still offer boxed edition with the goodies/ feelies inside.... I can hope, right?

Gord

Arcane
It's not a goddamned bug. First encounters with a creature type give the most XP so if you could manouver into a large battle with a new creature you'd get lots of it.

You can exploit that mechanic to some point, but I know of no fight (definitely none early on) that can easily be exploited to give half of the total XP in the whole game.
For those that know a decent language, there's this thread on Crystals DSA Forum containing a discussion on how to optimize for first encounter XP.
It seems that the best you can get from one fight is in the order of ~400XP, which will then get distributed amongst your characters.
But you have to go out of your way to make this the first fight. And survive it, of course.

Anyway, unless oasis789 was talking about Star Trail, where the first fight for new characters is meant to bring them to level 3 or so, or there really is a (unknown to me) bug, I'd say this is very inaccurate indeed.

By the way, iirc there is an bug/exploit where you get a few XP everytime you enter/leave some cave in Blade of Destiny.
Do that often enough and you can reach high levels without any fight at all.

Edit: One thing to keep in mind is that german and english versions have different XP counts.
I think the english (american?) version has everything XP multiplied by some constant because they thought that more=better in that market. Of course everything is multiplied, so while you get more XP you also need more for a level-up.
Could it be that someone posted a certain number from the international version (say 4000 XP) and someone used to the german version picked that number up out of context?

80Maxwell08

Arcane

Maybe for the lower profile projects but I imagine select KS (higher profile teams like InXile) will at higher pledges still offer boxed edition with the goodies/ feelies inside.... I can hope, right?
Well the massive chalice had nothing physical, which is why I didn't even think of pledging, and from all the people who keep demanding less physical items I'm not feeling good towards the future. I only donate if I can a physical copy. I'm not giving them money so I can sign my rights over and not even own a copy of the game I helped fund.

mindx2

Patron

Well the massive chalice had nothing physical, which is why I didn't even think of pledging, and from all the people who keep demanding less physical items I'm not feeling good towards the future. I only donate if I can a physical copy. I'm not giving them money so I can sign my rights over and not even own a copy of the game I helped fund.

Speak it brother! I am hoping that there are enough people like ourselves. I want KS to be different not only in quality of PC games but in the presentation as well. I think about how much the "feelies" inside the boxes of the Ultima, Wing Commander, Infocom games, etc. added so much to the experience of those games not to mention the manuals themselves. I just bought an Android game called Tales of Illyria by Little Killerz and it has this great 100 page manual of the world to read as it downloads. I kept thinking, "Man, I wish I had a hard copy of this to read through instead of on this 4.5 inch screen." Now from a $5 phone game I don't have any illusions of physical stuff but from KS games made for PCs I want the physical goodies that enhances the game... and I'm willing to pay extra for it.

Little Killerz

Little Killerz
Developer
mindx2

We are totally hoping to have a cloth map, bound book, and the Torthan seal available. I really want to do it I just haven't had the time to source all of the items.

The Codex was inspired 100% by the Ultima 4 manual my favorite game of all time!

mindx2

Patron
mindx2

We are totally hoping to have a cloth map, bound book, and the Torthan seal available. I really want to do it I just haven't had the time to source all of the items.

The Codex was inspired 100% by the Ultima 4 manual my favorite game of all time!

:thumbsup:
Wow, that's actually surprising. I certainly would not expect it from your game but will gladly purchase those items! Is this planned (the items) for a PC release?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom