Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What the hell happened to the front page?

Greenskin13

Erudite
Mistress said:
I like the Codex definition down the side :)

Agreed. Sort of reminds me of the little newspaper text behind the Fallout logo in the FO1 box.

Sammael

Liturgist
I just looked at the Firebird product page. Opera has had all those features (and much, much more) for the past three years...

I guess I'll download Firebird to see how it compares with Opera.

Briosafreak

Augur
Netscape, Mozilla, Mozilla Firebird all share the same core, the Gerko engine. Firebird is faster than Opera, Mozilla has more features than Opera. But they are all good, i normally use Mozilla, sometimes Crasy Browser, my wifes still uses IE though.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Spazmo said:
MOZILLA!

It's fairly straightforwards, you know.

Well, I guess it paid to finally go check it out for myself. I was told even Mozilla attached itself to IE. I was told wrong. Thanks for the heads up. It even has ALL the features I love about the new Netscape. :)

Sammael

Liturgist
Just tried Firebird. It does work faster than Opera, but it has three major problems: it can't import my opera bookmarks, CTRL+N opens a new window rather than a new tab, and it looks like a hideous IE clone.

EDIT: I am downloading Mozilla 1.6 to give it a try. I hope it looks nothing like Firebird.

Visceris

Liturgist
Spazmo said:
Visceris said:
Actually Spaz-boy I use both IE and Netscape.

IE and Netscape both suck.

Whats the big deal Spaz-boy? They are only web browsers. You seem to like to make a huge production out of everything.

Spazmo

Erudite
No, it's just that Netscape and Internet Explorer just flat-out suck. They are not good. Of poor quality. I don't know how to make this more obvious, Viskeypoo.

Visceris

Liturgist
Spazmo said:
No, it's just that Netscape and Internet Explorer just flat-out suck. They are not good. Of poor quality. I don't know how to make this more obvious, Viskeypoo.

That is quite simple, Spazmiechoo. List reasons why they suck. :D

Sammael

Liturgist
IE is made by Microsoft, Nutscrape is made by AOL.

Those are the two obvious reasons. :lol:

Can we get some better emoticons, plz?

Briosafreak

Augur
In Firebird you can configurate if the links open in a new window or a new tab, but there are two add-ons that help a lot, just try to get them.
In Mozilla you can configurate it also, but it`s better to use the right button of the mouse, and choose "open in a new window/tab", it`s easier and faster that way.

Visceris

Liturgist
Those are good reasons, Sammie. If I get the urge to download another browser I might give Mozzila or Firebread (whatever its called) a try.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Briosafreak said:
In Firebird you can configurate if the links open in a new window or a new tab, but there are two add-ons that help a lot, just try to get them.
In Mozilla you can configurate it also, but it`s better to use the right button of the mouse, and choose "open in a new window/tab", it`s easier and faster that way.

I have it set for my middle mouse button. Works awesomely. :)

Spazmo

Erudite
IE just isn't terribly good. Not enough features, refuses to use another e-mail client than Outlook and randomly decides to change my text size settings.

Netscape is just crap. Bloated AOL garbage that thinks it needs my memory more than I do.

Mozilla Firebird has got all the features I want from a browser and then some. Mozilla Thunderbird also rocks.

Visceris

Liturgist
Okay, you guys convince me. I am going to give Mozilla Firebird a try.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Sammael said:
Just tried Firebird. It does work faster than Opera, but it has three major problems: it can't import my opera bookmarks, CTRL+N opens a new window rather than a new tab, and it looks like a hideous IE clone.

EDIT: I am downloading Mozilla 1.6 to give it a try. I hope it looks nothing like Firebird.

Ctrl-T opens a new tab, nub.

Try a different skin.

Megatron

Liturgist
could you take the > out of the title, and put caps on the rpg part thnx

when are you going to upload new colours?

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Otaku_Hanzo said:
Cool. Darker schemes rule. :) I usually come straight to the forums anyway, and you didn't change that at all. Are you planning on getting more schemes into the forum? I don't really like alot of the ones that were there.

I'm the one that does the forum, which is why it looks mostly different from the front page, which Exitium does. I wanted a dark, art deco look for the forum because I like Fallout a hell of a lot.

I do agree about the tiny font thing on the text in the menus on the front page. I can barely see them because they are so small. I'm not sure replacing them with graphics is the way to go, though.. I think adding <font size="+1"></font> around the menu code would be much, much nicer.

Though, overall, I am happy with the new design Exitium has made with the exception of the tiny menu text and.. Well... It is a little bright. I greatly prefer the IMPACT font over the font he was using for the site as well. If you'll notice, I use IMPACT on all the buttons here. I dig that font.

Sharpei_Diem

Liturgist
my 2c: front page is way too bright...I do like the mauve, but dont think the yellow and white go well with it. font works well...

the headings (rpg codex, highlights etc) appear pixelated, also their brightness might do better on a darker background...

find 3 highlight sections (news, highlights and threads) a little much, and i don't look much beyond the latest news (be nice if that could be stretched out a bit...maybe a week instead of 4 days). Also find that having them as seperated as they are makes it more diificult to pay attention to them...it is nice, though, that you sized them to all fit in the first screen...

I always found it a difficult thing to get the kind of feedback I wanted on my sites: either people were saying too little or too much...(grin)....if you want any more feedback, or more details, exit, just pm me...

Sol Invictus

Erudite
The text is pixellated on purpose. It's an artistic style. I don't like the anti-aliased look because it messes up the shadows into blurry bits which conflict with the way the site is supposed to look. The pixellated text makes it stand out from the background rather than blend into it.

I'll make it so that the news headlines box displays around 20 pieces of news rather than 10 and do the same for the news that's actually displayed. I changed it because having to load 40 bits of news was just awful.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom