Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 2 Pre-Release Discussion Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Nope. I doubt inXile knows much about them either. They'll only be released some time after the game is released. But maybe Brother None can tell us something.
Nope.

1. Circle with arrows pointing towards it: select all? center on selected?
2. First three buttons on the bottom bar: run, inventory and... character screen? Or character screen, inventory and menu/options?

3. Boulder skill button appears only when combat starts? Same with AP count and end turn button I assume?

Well I have played with it coz it's not implemented but.
1. Select all.
2. Stance, inventory, character screen (I think)
3. I think so yes. Boulder skill is ambush.

KithKanan

Novice
3. I think so yes. Boulder skill is ambush.

Wouldn't it make more sense for ambush to disappear when combat starts? Or am I misunderstanding ambush? My perception of it is as "initiate combat against target with rangers having initiative [possibly for massed fire]"?

FeelTheRads

Arcane
And how will stance work? I assume it takes action points to change stance, so it would make sense for the button to have a pop-up menu to switch between stances rather than cycling through them, no? In the first interface show it looked like a cycle button.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Yeah. I tried to poke holes in it but couldn't find anything. Creative control? Ours. DLC/expansion? Ours. Release date? Ours. Digital sales? Ours. Bags of money? Ours. We don't even discuss the game with them, they just leave us to it.
(near) ideal deals is how ea starts courting studios it wants to buy.

KithKanan

Novice
Yeah. I tried to poke holes in it but couldn't find anything. Creative control? Ours. DLC/expansion? Ours. Release date? Ours. Digital sales? Ours. Bags of money? Ours. We don't even discuss the game with them, they just leave us to it.
(near) ideal deals is how ea starts courting studios it wants to buy.

Which is fairly moot unless the owners of inXile actually want to sell. Do they? I have no idea, but Brian Fargo doesn't seem like the type to want to go to work for someone else for the first time in three decades if he can avoid it.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Business owners don't sell to work for someone else, they sell when they're ready to retire.

KithKanan

Novice
Business owners don't sell to work for someone else, they sell when they're ready to retire.
Yes, but when the company brand is as wrapped up in one person as inXile and Brian Fargo, that person tends to be contractually obligated to stick around for at least a few years after the buyout.

Is BF ready to retire? I don't know. He might have been thinking about it before the success of the WL2 kickstarter, but now that he can actually make RPGs again he seems like he wants to do that for another 10 years or so. Of course, he could just be snowing us on that and everything, but there's not a lot we can do if that's the case.

Logic_error

Self-Ejected
They actually do it all the time. Especially since that reduces individual responsibility and guarantees more individual benefits in perspective.

Kamoho

Savant

I'm not Russian, but I believe it's something along the lines of "inXile are liars, Deep Silver will ruin the game, and also the graphics suck, EVERYTHING IS SHIT"

Google translater'd:

InXile recently reported that contracted with publisher Deep Silver, under which the latter will distribute the postapokalipaticheskoy rpg Wasteland 2. inXile refers to the fact that it will allow them to completely leave the routine behind and lead his own boat on the waves of love and affection to a brighter future, where everyone will have a long-awaited vacation in the Wasteland.
Brian Fargo (you may remember his corny movie about the old school with his son) also said that it will allow them to spend more money of depositors directly to the development of the game, but not in matters of commerce. Was published by a small faq, where Fargo noted: Deep Silver has no control over the creative process (fuzzy, no?), The publisher will not be able to request to release DRM-free dlc or the addons for the game.
And ... everything is good, but wait a minute, does not that give you money on Kickstarter to this and other companies to the developer in full: "and from" without tamping under the terms without alterations publisher, without all the other related issues focused on all aspects of the game remain independent? On paper, in the faq Fargo, everything looks very good, but not if it can be disastrous, and to discredit the whole for independent developers that people gave money for the arts, not getting paid for it is not what the shares, and not even for a proper return? Should we continue to call inXile independent developer, if there already is a piece of paper linking it with the company, the publisher even if the conditions are very favorable? How it all started from publishers and developers? Is EA from the beginning were so voracious, devouring studio for studio talent for talent giant? Obviously, it all began as well as in the film Pirates of Silicon Valley these days are bright with a very-very green grass. And if we look to the future, if we do not witness the end? And yet, do not act like it, despite all of the reported B. Fargo, on a primitive contract between the publisher and developer - a consequence of the mad capitalist offspring of the pipes of any large company? Is not it time we did not notice that, like the big publishers, and at the small, often going on violence against art - the development of the entertainment industry?
One party enters into a contract with another party to the other party acted as a publishing house - it is logical to expect that the pope will Carlo new chip Pinocchio, once proven method worked before. Step back. However, is not intended to change the existing order Kickstarter initiative and a little balance going back to the nihilism and alienation from the most beautiful feelings gaming industry with the work, which, as we know, does not tolerate templates?
It's not so much a lack of confidence in Deep Silver and inXile, how to balance and correct solutions inXile to "party" perspective. The question arises precisely the logic of this step with the karmic point of view. I'm pretty sure that Deep Silver (though how do we know? Did not their fault the failure of a number of published games?) Did not climb to inXile and allow them to peacefully work on his project. However, the "What If" - is it even a hint of such an assumption is not stopped Fargoi allowed to decide on the signing of this contract? So we will win? Does he really think that took into account all the circumstances and for every move in it will be your horse?
No, brothers and sisters, strongly doubt that the project Wasteland 2, you can expect any revelations. Already, the game looks rather weak of Fitch and even "could not in kruzise." Below are 2 screenshots from 2 different games on the same engine, and shoals game will likely be the same. You do not play in KRATER, right?
Despite the fact that the game is on the very far end of the stage and closer to the release will change for the better both the interface and game picture is alarming strange and sometimes illogical behavior inXile entertainment. It seems that the most powerful "kikstartnutye" projects as Topler, trying to grasp all, step by step, repeating the mistakes Shafer (one, two), unadapted to evolution, crawling in the same swamp, and all that, it is premature seyakulirovavshie a big point skhlopnuvsheysya universe. What you have now are different from them, which were gods? The defeat. Pain. Hopelessness. Post-rock.

Kaldurenik

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I honestly dont see why people have a problem with them working / having a contract with a publisher for the retail discs aslong as they still have the rights, no drm, the majority of the money (yes the publisher will get a part of the money from all the retail discs) but at the same time its probably cheaper for them to do it this way considering the fact that they would have to print / package and so on themselves.

Anyway cant wait to play the game!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
sup mbpopolano24 http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/wasteland-2/comments

mbpopolano24 said:
Here we go, ixLIE joins the other groups of scammers riding the Kickstarter movement. I do not care of your goals, your lies, or anything else. I just asked for a refund since I do not want to partake in this shady business of yours. Initially you were kind and considerate and agreed to do so. Just now you are lying once more saying that you 'cannot' refund my money due to 'business decisions'. And so, magically, you are at the top (bottom?) of the scammers, since at least the other scammers were kind enough to give me my money back without a glitch. ixLIE, I offer you the same deal I offered the others: give me my money back and I will leave this board forever. Your move, ixLIE.

"ixLIE". :lol: Even better than iNEPTile. :lol:

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Shadorwun: Hong Kong
They negotiate a physical distribution contract with a publisher and all hell breaks loose? Retards will be retards.

That's it - they use Deep Silver as a distributor not as a publisher.

Maybe it's the same thing for some hardcore fans as if your favourite cult punk band goes from an independent label to a major label.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom