Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Might & Magic X Update: The Ranger

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Limbic Entertainment; Might & Magic X: Legacy; Ubisoft

Today's Might & Magic X Legacy open development blog update introduces another of the game's classes, the Ranger. The female elven Ranger from the game's default party is used as an example.

THE RANGER

“THE BOW IS THE RANGER’S FAVORITE WEAPON. ALTHOUGH SHE CAN FIGHT WELL IN MELEE COMBAT, SHE DOESN’T WANT TO PARTICIPATE, BECAUSE SHE COULD DIE FAST. SHE LIKES TO SUPPORT THE PARTY WITH EARTH MAGIC.”

The Ranger is a great range damage dealer, using his/her bow and the magic support of Earth. He/she has a very good perception and finds the vulnerable spots of his/her enemies.​

He/she can carry all kinds of weapons, but lacks the might to be really deadly in melee combat. However, the Ranger can learn a lot about Warfare to get quite a useful fighter, since he/she has a lot of mana to spend. As all Elves, he/she prefers light armor and is pretty fragile, but evades attacks very skillfully.​

RACE SPECIALTY

As already mentioned within the Character classes and races, the trainers and character development as well as the Freemage posting, the race of a character’s class grants some specials. In the case of the Ranger, it’s the Elven Specialty: Earth Resistance and Evade Value.​

THE WARDEN: THE ADVANCED CLASS OF THE RANGER

As already written in our previous Part 1: Character classes and races posting, the advanced class can be unlocked by a quest or NPC and gives you access to the Grand Master tiers. The character then benefits from special features of the Advanced Class, i.e. improves the character with additional attribute points and additional resistances.​

Besides each character gets a special ability depending on its class. The Warden receives the ability “Point Blank Shot”:​

The Warden can launch ranged attacks at enemies even in close range.

WHY YOU WANT THE RANGER/WARDEN IN YOUR PARTY

There is no other class, who is that good in fighting with bows. So if you like to play a hero who is best in shooting with bows, you may not want to miss the Ranger in your party.​

As before, the full update has more details on the Ranger's skill advancement possibilities and relevant screenshots.

communard

Arcane
Oh god this fucking art direction makes me want to invent a time travel machine so I can go back and kick my 13 year old self in the balls. He would have thought this shit was the dog's bollocks and he deserves to suffer for it.

Athelas

Arcane
She looks a bit like a tranny.

Personally I always associated archery and swiftness with the element of air.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Art style isn't that bad. At least the elf is actually slender and not sporting DDD+ tits.

Personally, I don't really care. I'm happy with Ultima stickmen and Vogel's static miniatures, anything above that is just a bonus. I'm more interested in the game mechanics and interesting encounters that may actually make me fear TPK from time to time.

Here's hoping those racial bonuses actually do something noticeable and not just an elf = a dwarf = a human = a half orc, etc.

Zeriel

Arcane
Oh god this fucking art direction makes me want to invent a time travel machine so I can go back and kick my 13 year old self in the balls. He would have thought this shit was the dog's bollocks and he deserves to suffer for it.

My 27-year-old self thinks this art style is refreshing. :(

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Well this ranger can use his bow from melee range so no need for any melee weapon skills :roll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom