Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadowrun Shadowrun Returns - Dead Man's Switch Original Campaign

Rake

Arcane
Best looking game since ToEE.
:love:

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Downloaded and played a half hour. God, the menu music already got me. The graphics are also nice. The character system and the combat is simple, but enjoyable so far. My biggest gripe so far is the lack of voiceovers. Not full VO mind you (don't jump at my neck you fucks), but simple lines like in the IE games. I need those to establish the characters. I think they could have spent a few thousand dollars for that.
:codexisfor:

Fun fact: The voice acting guild requires $300 per hour for voice acting. This doesn't even count renting a studio, the time it takes to cast voice actors, or any other associated costs.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Downloaded and played a half hour. God, the menu music already got me. The graphics are also nice. The character system and the combat is simple, but enjoyable so far. My biggest gripe so far is the lack of voiceovers. Not full VO mind you (don't jump at my neck you fucks), but simple lines like in the IE games. I need those to establish the characters. I think they could have spent a few thousand dollars for that.

Lack of enviroment sounds is a bit a shame. Though, I hope I can add them using the editor. :>

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Only had about 45 minutes to play it but I'm liking it so far. Graphics are very simple and smooth, story is engaging, it's very atmospheric, and the combat plays like a charm. Not really far enough to say much on RPGness. It's got the right feel, though.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Rolling melee. Just like every other game.
15668.jpg

Unwanted

Frian Bargo

Kosmonaut's Alt
Only played the tutorial fight + a bit of story time, but damn this game feels nice so far. Why can't these developers continue adding stuff to this game instead of making a new random kickstarter? :rage:

They would be fools not to sell more official campaigns and add-ons. TES games have shipped with level editors for PC yet Bethesda always sells 2-3 DLCs after the main TES game is released.

stony3k

Augur
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Regarding not focusing on Shadowrun, here's what they said in the KickStarter update:
So what’s next? Well, work on the Berlin campaign has already begun. And Linux, of course! And localization!
and
So, the core Shadowrun team will continue to focus on Shadowrun Returns, while a small part of the studio branches off in this bold new direction.

I take this to mean that the core team will continue to churn out new campaigns starting with Berlin, while the rest of the company goes off to work on the P&P stuff

Unwanted

Frian Bargo

Kosmonaut's Alt
What's the difference between a Mage and a Shaman? (no I never played the pnp version because I am not really into the setting)

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
I feel retarded, but, uh, how do I actually equip an armor I bought? It's in the stash now, but I can't access it

EDIT: THis belongs in the other thread :mad:

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
SO, asking it here instead of the other thread, how do I actually equip a newly bought armor?

Unwanted

Frian Bargo

Kosmonaut's Alt
I feel retarded, but, uh, how do I actually equip an armor I bought? It's in the stash now, but I can't access it

EDIT: THis belongs in the other thread :mad:

Maybe your class can't equip it or you don't have the skill?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron

Begging for games should see you redirected to RPGWatch. Or maybe to GoG if we still get referral credit. Either way, filthy beggers have no place on the :obviously: codex.

The NERPS tributes amuse me. Expecting clueless newfags to Not Get It.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom