Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age: Inquisition Pre-Release Thread

Ninjerk

Arcane
Bobbles said:
the DA franchise is just bland and boring, like an average teenager trying to make himself look cool by getting a dragon tattoo.

My mistake, I think we're on the same page.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
#1 Problem: Investing emotionally in Dragon Age 2. Even if it had followed the design prinicples of DA:O it would have been shallow.

Can't be done. I tried. Even when Hawke's mom turned into zombie, I felt nothing.
There are moments where you like the funny quips from the metrosexual dwarf - but the rest of the cast are very unlikeable. The only emotions I invest is hate towards stupidity that most cast and quest NPCs displayed.

Dantus12

Educated
They got lost in stereotypical archetypes when it comes to characterization, it's not that they where any better in the past, but characters written around forum memes and a endless amount of pop-culture in a setting that claims to deal with "serious" problems rarely goes well. Gaider is at a stage where desperately trying to keep your job is a creative process.

Tommy Wiseau

Arcane
Eurogamer has a new article on this today. Basic summary is:

• Keeping what worked, ditching what didn't marketing speak.
  • Saves definitely carry over.
  • The fast action game style animations are staying.
  • The Witcher 3 is not competition because they love every game everywhere.
  • No mods because the engine is hard.

They're still set on making Inquisition what basically no one who played Origins expressly wanted. Hope their next-gen ninja game blows up in their collective face.

The Witcher 3 is not competition because they love every game everywhere.

Gaider/Fat Bald Retard sure seemed frustrated testosterone-deficient at the sexim inherent to the series though.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I believe Gaider is doing less writing these days, so I think he's actually a better writer than the group they have now.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Is that a Star of David?
The Old Gods will call to you, from their ancient prisons will they sing. #DAI pic.twitter.com/vmS0WrCnBR
BQhRXV1CQAE-zZR.jpg:large

NotTale

Learned
Oh boy, concept art. I love vibrant scenes that the area artists only glance across once before completely ignoring.

Unwanted

Bobbles

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
Already pre-ordered it for PC and PS4. Hope the bonuses are good.

edit: And just as I post this...

THE WHEELS ARE COMING OFF! LEGENDARY VIDEO VOICE BAILS FROM BIOWARE GOTY:

David Gaider has issued a comment in regards to a recent rumor that suggested that Troy Baker has a role in the upcoming “Dragon Age 3: Inquisition.” As reported by the Bioware Social Network on July 29, the writer at Bioware posted a message on the comments section on Tumblr stating that the rumor is “incorrect.”

"It is incorrect. Not sure where the idea comes from, but someone clearly added that to Wikipedia without knowing anything about it."

MasPingon

Arcane
Perhaps you are taking 'no discernible way' a little too literally. You have to admit, it is incredibly hard to keep Zevran from being massively offended if you just want to talk. Which is a shame because most of his lines are funny. It is borderline impossible (without wikia dialog maps) to get Zevran at high approval without butt sex. Sadly the best advice I can give to first time players that want Zevran to stay in their party is to ignore him and just shower him with gifts.
I did it just fine. Not-flirting with people is easy.
I'm being cautious since my first playthrough, when I realized he want to rape my male dwarf, and just kill the faggot during the ambush. He should stay home with his sexuality since there is not enough rogues in the game :/

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Looks like we'll have 3 person parties this time around.
Unsurprising, four party members are too many for the average consoletard to handle. Of course, so are three, and two for that matter. That's why the next game, Dragon Age III-2 will have only two party members; the one after that, Dragon Age III: Warden Returns, will have only one.

i like this concept art but there are like 0,0001% chances that bioware will not fuck it up even with fucking frostbite engine:(

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
i like this concept art but there are like 0,0001% chances that bioware will not fuck it up even with fucking frostbite engine:(
Well to be fair, Bioware may make pretty bad games, but generally the environments you run through in a straight line are actually quite pretty. Elven ruins, cultist village, the wilds, deep roads etc they are pleasing to look at.

Rake

Arcane
Well to be fair, Bioware may make pretty bad games, but generally the environments you run through in a straight line are actually quite pretty. Elven ruins, cultist village, the wilds, deep roads etc they are pleasing to look at.
Do you actualy think DA2 environments were pretty? o_O

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Looks like we'll have 3 person parties this time around.
Unsurprising, four party members are too many for the average consoletard to handle. Of course, so are three, and two for that matter. That's why the next game, Dragon Age III-2 will have only two party members; the one after that, Dragon Age III: Warden Returns, will have only one.
You're making this assumption based on concept art.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom