Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Indie Bundle Mega Thread

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Anyone know if the Rune included in the bundle is optimized for modern systems? The one I got lags like shit on my Win7 PC.

Multi-headed Cow

Anyone know if the Rune included in the bundle is optimized for modern systems? The one I got lags like shit on my Win7 PC.
Since it's the Steam version it should be, yeah.

Turjan

Arcane
I had no problems with this version on my computer, although I didn't play for long. The starting cutscene looked a bit cut off on the top and bottom on my computer, but that's not a problem during gameplay. Screenshots come out iffy, so it's hard to show anything from the game without editing.

Edit: I should probably mention that I'm quite lag-resistant, so I might not have noticed. I should probably fire the game up tonight again and have another look.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Nah, if you didn't notice it it's probably fine. The version I have lags horribly. The very first cutscene runs at about 5 fps, so you would definitely have noticed it.

I'll pick up this bundle then, thanks.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Think I'll still wait it out until I can pick up Rune individually. Vox is the other thing that's remotely interesting and something tells me it'll be shit even if it's ever completed.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Think I'll still wait it out until I can pick up Rune individually. Vox is the other thing that's remotely interesting and something tells me it'll be shit even if it's ever completed.

You can pick it up individually. When you build your bundle, just choose only Rune. It's only $0.75 that way. You're unlikely to get it that cheap anywhere else.

Turjan

Arcane

You can pick it up individually. When you build your bundle, just choose only Rune. It's only $0.75 that way. You're unlikely to get it that cheap anywhere else.

What Metro referred to was that Groupees "Build a bundle" sales always work in a way that, in the beginning, you have to choose two or three games for checkout to become available. This requirement gets reduced to one game after the sale ran for some time.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
^ That. They only run the 'one-game-bundle' option for a couple of days.' When these things initially start you have to buy two or three. Anyway, I grabbed it yesterday.

Turjan

Arcane
While this is an excellent bundle, I don't think it's much of a loss for Deep Silver to present it like this. Most components of the bundle have been already in so many sales and bundles by themselves that it will be hard to find someone who doesn't have at least a couple of those games. Then again, it's still cheap, even for a game like Risen 2.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Deep Silver going bankrupt?
Seems more likely to me that they decided these games no longer have much value, given age + all the bundles and sales they've already had. At this point the older Saints Row games have more value as a marketing tool to raise series profile by being given out super-cheap than they do as products sold at normal price (they were already in the THQ death bundle), and Dead Island as beat the average is not much cheaper than it's been a number of other times.

This is just like their plans to release mod tools for SR2 and SR3, not a move to make money directly, but an attempt to build brand awareness and goodwill to boost sales of future games like SR4.

Gord

Arcane
What games are bundled together?
Say I'm interested in Risen 2 to check it out, but already have SR3, do I get separate Steam keys (e.g. to gft some bros) or are they bundled together?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
What Lund said: They're selling Riptide for $25. Metro LL is still commanding a high price. SR4 is launching soon. Sacred 3 is in the works and nearing completion. And it's been heavily rumored (and we've seen some evidence) that Risen 3 (Burning Seas or some shit) is in development, too.

What games are bundled together?
Say I'm interested in Risen 2 to check it out, but already have SR3, do I get separate Steam keys (e.g. to gft some bros) or are they bundled together?

All of the $1 Tier stuff is one key. But, for $1... who cares. Tell your bro to stop being poor and buy his own key.

Wasteland 2
If they're going to add Risen1 then I want to beat the average, but because of some bank shenaningas I won't be able to add money to my card until Friday.

I wonder how high the average will rise in the meantime :x ( fuck I may loose a buck, or two )

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
You can just put in $1 now and it locks in the BTA price at the existing time. Anyway, you don't need to BTA to get the bonus games, just buy it before the bonuses are released. Re: Risen 2 DLC, they aren't worth it. Less than an hour and linear.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom