Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

Kukulkan

Learned
Nowadays I'm playing DC Universe Online and Hearts of Iron 3.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
SkyRe (Skyrim Redone) - Improving overall systems quality and implementing a sense of progression.

I looked into Requiem and it was a little too insane for me. I will have to investigate this SkyRe.

SkyUI: Welcome back to PC-land traveller. Your UI still ain't great, but it's not the worst UI in the history of UIs either (see: Skyrim's original UI, which made Oblivion look like a PC-only heaven).

I found the original UI to work very well with keyboards. You literally have to pretend the mouse does not exist and use all keyboard presses to navigate it and then it suddenly clicks and you're using it like a boss. In contrast SkyUI is the opposite, extremely mouse focused. I actually prefer the default UI, after getting used to it.

Humppaleka

Cipher
Going through F.E.A.R. for the umpteenth time veeery sloooowly as I don't have much time to play nowadays (and most of that goes to Dota 2).
Also playing Aquaria, quite charming for an indie game.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Clockwork Knight said:

At first glance, this looks fucking awesome. I now have two questions:

1) Compatible with my modlist (chiefly SkyRe and Immersive Weapons)?

2) Compatible with the fact that I'm level 40 and have explored quite a bit?

If so, then :yeah: I'm going for dat shit. Thanks for the heads up. I'm really sad I didn't know about it beforehand :/

FAKE EDIT: Also, is it any good? I'm not going to open a chest and find an insanely overpowered piece of endgame superarmor only to open 100 others and find level 1 leather, am I?

Clockwork Knight said:

At first glance, this looks fucking awesome. I now have two questions:

1) Compatible with my modlist (chiefly SkyRe and Immersive Weapons)?

2) Compatible with the fact that I'm level 40 and have explored quite a bit?

Should be, as long as you use a bashed patch to make all the changed leveled lists work together. It might not work 100% according to the readme, but at least the game won't shit itself. You might have to use the SkyRe proccer to update the stats of the items up to SkyRe's standards. Of course, if you're level 40 you most likely only have endgame equipment to look forward to, so it's probably a bit late for the "zomg that bandit boss dropped a glass dagger!!!!" effect.

edit: I searched for user experiences, and found this.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/comments/78468293

Trainwiz
[autor(a)] 2 May 2013 @ 4:52pm
It just removes items from the leveled lists and places them down in the world. No modding magic involved.
So it doesn't work with the Dragonborn DLC. In my opinion, there's enough unique loot from that DLC that it doesn't need to.

Luwid
2 May 2013 @ 1:38pm
I have been using your mod for several months now and I really enjoy it, but I'm not sure if the mod works with the Dragonborn DLC. Does it remove the levelled item list or just modify it, so it works with any new content?

Qwynn
25 Apr 2013 @ 4:05pm
Hello again! I just wanted to let you know there seems to be an issue with Morrowloot at the moment. While the hand placed items are still working correctly from what limited testing I did, I noticed that vendors (such as blacksmiths) are still selling things such as enchanted dwemer equipment. While I don't have a character of high enough level to see if equipment on enemies is being effect or not, I did want to report the one bug I found. It seems that it has also been reported on the Skyrim GEMS page due to the 1.9 patch.

For troubleshooting reference, I do have it loaded right before my merged/based patch as suggested for the Relev/Delev tags, so it's possibly just an annoyance of something changed with the latests Skyrim update.

Thank you again.

Trainwiz
[autor(a)] 21 Apr 2013 @ 8:01pm
I would not know, I don't use SkyRe, no need to clean things though.

Qwynn
21 Apr 2013 @ 5:36pm
Poking my head in one last time to report seven (7) ITMs according to BOSS/TESV Edit. Any need to clean, or is it best left as it is? Also, do you know if the SkyRe compatibility patch is still required, or should it be fine to just loot Morrowloot as low as possible and Merge/Bash it?

~Qwynn

If in doubt, play with it for a while without saving over your main file(s). Use the Nexus mod manager to easily uninstall the mod if it doesn't work nicely alongside SkyRe.

FAKE EDIT: Also, is it any good? I'm not going to open a chest and find an insanely overpowered piece of endgame superarmor only to open 100 others and find level 1 leather, am I?

According to the readme, isolated endgame places are more likely to have stuff that is worth the while, likely guarded by endgame stuff. Otherwise there wouldn't be much point to exploring those places (like in Oblivion).

Ask @DraQ for more details, he's a big fan. But Morrowloot is part of this convenient list, which thus far hasn't linked me to shitty mods. It's contantly updated and should be favorited if you like to mod the game a lot. I'd be playing with it myself but I want to experience Requiem's changes first.

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Should be, as long as you use a bashed patch to make all the changed leveled lists work together.

I don't use bashed patches, I'm not savvy enough. Besides the SkyRe ReProccer.

Damn, I wish I'd used this from the beginning :(

It's very easy to use, at least if you're just interested in playing the game.

1) download it here -> http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/1840/?

2) open Wrye Bash, make sure "bashed patch,0.esp" is at the very end of the load order (it should be since it was just created, but if it isn't just drag it), choose "Rebuild Patch", check if the relevant mods in the "Leveled List" category are already selected (they should), click "Build Patch", and it's done. It'll give you a log of the merges.

3) readme here, if you're curious -> http://tesfans.org/guides/wrye%20bash/docs/Wrye%20Bash%20General%20Readme.html

4) if you aren't curious, here's the TL;DR

Overview
A Bashed Patch is a configurable plugin with three main functions:

• Merging plugins into itself. Merged plugins can be deactivated, avoiding the 255 plugin limit.
  • Importing specific types of data records from plugins. This can be used to avoid compatibility issues.
  • Applying tweaks to the game. This avoids the need to use other mods to apply the same tweaks.
A Bashed Patch is created by Wrye Bash the first time you run it, with the plugin being called Bashed Patch, 0.esp. It is configured using the plugin context menu commands Rebuild Patch... or Rebuild Patch (CBash *Beta*).... You should rebuild your Bashed Patch every time you change your load order, before playing the game. The Bashed Patch should be last in your load order, unless you have plugins that explicitly state that they must load last.

edit: more on the compatibility.

http://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/19y1ef/are_there_any_mods_similar_to_morrowloot/

Are there any mods similar to Morrowloot? (self.skyrimmods)

MudcrabBloatfly
I really like the concept of only having steel weapons/armor and not being able to craft higher grade armors, Instead having to find them. But seeing as morrowloot modifies all of the dungeons by placing armors in them it seems it would be incompatible with many mods that add armor/weapons. Does anyone know of a mod that has a similar effect to morrowloot whilst not de-leveling enemies and being compatible with Skyre and Immersive Armors/Weapons?

[–]Trainwiz
Morrowloot does not delevel enemies, only loot. If you use Wrye Bash to merge them with its bashed patch, they will work and be compatible. Of course, you'll still find Skyre and Immersive Armors/Weapons in containers, as there's no mods that place those out in the world Morrowloot-style, but you won't find any Morrowloot loot in the containers.

[–]MudcrabBloatfly
Alright thanks didn't know I could do that. Would the higher level Skyre/Immersive Armors still spawn on NPCs if i did this?

[–]Trainwiz
All Skyre/Immersive Armors would spawn on NPCs. Morrowloot only removes vanilla high level loot from the lists after all.

Your choice, really. You might not want to make such a drastic change to the gameworld with a character that is already level 40 because the sudden change in rules could be confusing, but it's probably not a big deal to get used to it. Maybe you could make a new character to play through a guild you ignored until now, and experience the changes with that character.

Last edited:

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
I find myself falling into the same trap again. Play a fun game, find another fun game, install new game, forget earlier game, find mods and install these, spend massive amount of time adding mods, check if works, find new game, install game, learn about mods, forget older game, etc.

Tiresome and a waste of time. Therefore uninstalled all the new shit to focus on old shit. Shadowrun is nearly complete and so is Metro. Will play through these first before unloading more crap unto my poor abused HD. Will keep Euro Truck Simulator 2 around coz it's fun and relaxing.

Yes, I'm both wierd and getting old. FML.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
Played through Human Revolution: The Missing Link twice. It was slightly underwhelming, especially since I heard it was supposed to be better than the main game (it wasn't). The level design was probably the most disappointing part, with similar grey corridors and small rooms and air ducts all over the place. I liked the final showdown, though, despite the fact that the final boss was the most generic bad guy ever whose combat taunts sucked ass. It offered a bit tougher challenge for a non-lethal character than the main game does, being a million times better than any of the boss fights in Human Revolution.

I'm still in the middle of my regular Human Revolution playthrough, as I got to the point in the game where The Missing Link was supposed to take place. Then maybe Call of Pripyat. After that, I've got Europa Universalis IV waiting, although I guess I'll first have to finish my CK2 campaign which still isn't going very well.

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
Finally getting around to my PSP collection. Right now i'm at FF4 Complete Collection, and I have to say, this game is terrible. The game itself is way too easy, the story is awful [No main characters die, and if they do die, they get brought back [except for the old guy], and the same assets are reused over and over. Once im done with this game, i'll probably move on to God Eater Burst.

Data4

Arcane
Payday 2. First played it with AI and was like "meh". Then I got on with some bros and was like "ONE MORE ROUND, GODDAMMIT!"

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I've mostly been tooling around (again) with a mixture of Avernum 6, Icewind Dale and Baldur's Gate 2 as I have time and depending on my mood, but I took a brief detour with Battlefield 3 due to that Origin bundle sale.

... Holy shit, how do the kids play this stuff? So... boring... :?

Shoot the targets when prompted, follow the dudes or horizon blobs as prompted, etc. but at least every now and then they mix it up with a QTE so I can also hit buttons on my keyboard when prompted. I get that most of them play multiplayer where this stuff might be limited, but the whole thing was so retarded it made me want to uninstall.exe not play tons of it in multiplayer mode. Even in terms of the story, the setup kind of reminded me of Alpha Protocol except without any hooks to make me want to pay attention. The best thing I can say about it is that I didn't quite fall asleep during it, but was close. I suppose if you're an insomniac... :imtoooldandcrankyforthis: :deadhorse:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Finally getting around to Alan Wake. So far, not scared.
such shitty wave combat and so much of it that I shelved it after 30 mins.
I wish people would stop liking garbage so I wouldn't be tricked into buying shit like this.

I think I'm gonna give the Dishonored DLCs a spin.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Finished Dark Souls: Best game evar

Played a little of Grid. Good arcade racing game

Played some more of wing commander mod for Freespace 2: It's shit, the mod with most production values for FS2 is one of the worst.

Now declining myself with Arkham City: Goddamn it collectables, will probably ger a trainer in the end to skip the tedious grind for riddler trophies.

dunno lah

Arcane
Playing Blood Omen(at the Nemesis' Fortress) and Dark Souls(killed Gaping AnusDragon).

I wish these two games would combine to make what could likely be the best game ever...

Edit: I sense that dnf and DragoFireheart are one and the same, but who knows...

sser

Arcane
Developer
I actually never played the classic -- jumped in at CivII and stayed there until CivIV -- but per the forums the answer is not particularly well.

The game is playable, but it has issues on its own. Initially, some game mechanics are difficult to understand due to a lack of explanation. After you get the rules down, though, the game becomes extremely exploitable. Like beat the map in a handful of turns (comparatively speaking) kind of broken. It's ultimately one of those games where you just get out of it what you put in. You can break it, or you can just play the game and enjoy a little economic micromanagement, exploration, and warfare-lite.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Fuck it then. Always really enjoyed the original but when I tried this one back in the day it was crap. Too bad to see it hasn't been patched up nicely. Thanks for the heads up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom