Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Ian Frazier of Ultima: Lazarus Fame To Be Lead Designer on Mass Effect 4

Castanova

Prophet
The only real evidence of his design skill is Amalur since U5 is basically just a direct remake in a new engine. And Amalur was a piece of trash. It sounds like he's working at the company he deserves.

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Sad to see people with potential making facevydia games.

Servo

Arcane
I never posted much on the 'dex anyway, though. I mostly just lurk because I enjoy the sweet burning sensation of the SAN damage slowly frying my brain. ;)

Does awareness of Codex angst have any correlation to game quality? If so, ME4 could be better than 1-3.

Dantus12

Educated
Inb4 being blamed for every EA, moneygrubbing decision, and the Biowarian's demand ME3 quality to be back, preferably by firing him.
Good luck to him, he may need it.
--------------

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
Sad to see people with potential making facevydia games.
Hey maybe he could influence the development of the game in a good way. By chance we might just end up with a turn-based open-world reboot taking inspiration from Classic Traveller, Diaspora and Starflight. All packaged in a stylish retro sci-fi art direction. An state of the art 2D graphics engine that enables the developers to focus on content and still looks good will power the game, and the writing is being outsourced to obsidian.
2rroqpg.jpg

:bounce:

"Nah, let's just make another Gears of War in spess with shitty romance novel tier writing again." -Bioware :(

Oh anyways, @tibermoon, good luck mate.

The Bishop

Cipher
A TPS with (semi-) open world and some real team/ship management elements could potentially be a pretty great game. Original ME always given me feeling that it wasn't intended to be as much of an emotionally engaging cinematic experience as final product ended up being. Plus open worlds is all the rage these days. Not that I have any hope new ME will move in that direction. Gaming industry is not a learning animal.

Castanova

Prophet
U5 is basically just a direct remake in a new engine

Oh yeah ? :1/5:
Just do yourself a service and go play it, you twat...

Please. The main additions are new dialog and some new quests. The DESIGN is the same, as translated into what the DS engine could handle. Further, it seems like a lot of his responsibilities with U5 were from a management perspective which gives no indication of how his presence will affect the ME series, beyond us knowing that it won't be canceled due to mismanagement.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Fucking hell, dude's gotta pay rent, right? I'd like to know how many of you would refuse a meaty Lead Designer paycheck to work on the next, uh, I don't know, TES, Fallout, Dragon Age or whatever franchise that is or has gone to shit. Fucking hypocrites.

Fireblade

Erudite
Fucking hell, dude's gotta pay rent, right? I'd like to know how many of you would refuse a meaty Lead Designer paycheck to work on the next, uh, I don't know, TES, Fallout, Dragon Age or whatever franchise that is or has gone to shit. Fucking hypocrites.
Amalur hadn't gone to shit (as it was a brand new thing), but after he worked on it (as Lead Designer), it was complete shit. Does that not result in legit criticism?

Outlander

Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Amalur hadn't gone to shit (as it was a brand new thing), but after he worked on it (as Lead Designer), it was complete shit. Does that not result in legit criticism?

Sure, it was shit and ME4 will most likely be shit aswell (doesn't really matter who works on it, it's an EA/Bioware product), I just don't get why people give him crap for taking the job.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Probably because people who like his modding work might be disappointed to see he likes shit games so much to end up in a lead designer position of ME4.

Servo

Arcane
I would. Fuck working with videogames.

As many times as I've heard people talk about how horrible it is to work in the games industry, I would still do it for the experience if given the chance. And I would prefer it to be for a big company like BioWare or Bethesda over an indie job that probably wouldn't even provide bacon.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
It really depends to me. I can't work on something I actively loathe. But of course people paying me to make good RPGs would be a dream come true. The real truth is that if I decided to work with videogames it would be cellphone or browser shovelware so fuck that.

Servo

Arcane
It really depends to me. I can't work on something I actively loathe. But of course people paying me to make good RPGs would be a dream come true. The real truth is that if I decided to work with videogames it would be cellphone or browser shovelware so fuck that.

That is where most of the jobs are these days. Point is: Can we blame the guy? It's like saying J. J. Abrams is a jerk for directing the next Star Wars because Episode 1 sucked.

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
I would. Fuck working with videogames.

Depends on the size of the paycheck for me, but I pretty much agree with this - I'll stick with working on soulless database applications, thank you very much. At least the problems I face right now have to do with concrete, useful functionality working or not working - rather than, say, whether or not someone's transgendered asexual lesbian PC can romance a genderless bisexual Quarian or whatever the fuck the SJW are worrying about right now.

Outlander

Patron
Probably because people who like his modding work might be disappointed to see he likes shit games so much to end up in a lead designer position of ME4.

That's my point.

'yo duuuude I liek ur modz u sellout biatch y u workin in big game nao????'

Making mods: 0$
Lead Designer in AAAAAAAA+++++A+AA+++ production: easily a 6 figure annual salary.

FrancoTAU

Cipher
More power to the guy. I shan't be buying ME4, but I'm glad all the free work on the awesome Lazarus project paid off in the long run. I'd love to have the problem that we have all these great free games out there but the fucking guys keep moving onto generic AAA games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom