Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Barkley 2 Kickstarter Update: Pre-alpha Footage, PAX Prime Appearance

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: Barkley 2: Revenge of Cuchulainn; Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden; Tales of Game's

The latest Kickstarter update for cboyardee and co's upcoming sequel to Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden (we did an interview about it, remember?), now called Barkley 2: Queklain no Vengeant, offers a pre-alpha gameplay video as well as news about Tales of Game's's (yes I did that on purpose) participation in PAX Prime as part of the Indie Megabooth:

Mystical Greetings,

So we had promised big news mid-August and we have just that. We're going to PAX Prime in two weeks to be part of the awe-inspiring Indie MegaBooth! That truck haul of bonkers nonsense above is going to be exhibited along with over 83 games from 78 developers. And how!

You can check out more information about Barkley 2 here on the IMB site.

If any of you kiddos are going to be in Seattle for PAX Prime from August 30th to September 2nd, send us a message or swing by Booth 867. Surprises abound.

About Tales of Game's

Tales of Game's is a leading developer of Edutainment Vidcons for North America and the world.

Formed as a itinerant games troupe, ToG purveys an enigmatic message that changes meaning at the moment of comprehension. Their penchant for executing death-defying gaming feats is flavored by artistry both commanding and particularly nuanced.

Previous projects include Barkley: Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden, The Sewer Goblet, and Sonic The Hedgehog.​

Ooh, Sonic the Hedgehog -- I remember that game!

Also this:
cboyardee
The Barkley 2 booth is back to back with Dead State's ; )​

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
Haha, it's not actually called Queklain no Vengeant, we just wanted to see if we could get away with calling it that on the official website.

We're going to be doing live character creation (dressed as wizards!) in a tiny box we built out of PVC pipes that probably violates fire code. The character you create generates a code (that gets printed out of a skull!!!) that you can enter when the game is done to play as your guy. We'll also be demoing the game itself - we did yesterday at this bar and it was super fun - but I'm most excited about the character creation thing. If you're at PAX or just in the area, we should meet up, do character creation and maybe get something to drink afterwards.

Sadly, there are no booth babes.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Hey you better record it all so we can see if you look like your avatar. Also this looks great.

0:26 friendly fire confirmed

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
Yeah, there's friendly fire for non-physical attacks. In fact, Cybergremlins, those little pink guys in that sewer area, attack everything. We've seen a lot of cool situations where they get in fights with other enemies and actually help you.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Dat channel name :lol:

Also just noticed the big piles of trash the dude was making on stream the other day.

Murk

Arcane
Sweet. I think I'm most stoked about the music. Shit's p tight.

ColCol

Arcane
Can't wait for this game to come out, then I could fulfill my rpg to-do-list and return to the primordial ooze from which I came.

Last edited:

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I am not seeing the nonsensical wtf vibe of the first episode ; but I know it's in there somewhere.

Gruia

Educated
awesome. Sadly I didn't see any cool dialogs.. but Ima slow reader. Also didn't see any basketballs (

Self-Ejected

Cosmic Misogynerd

Self-Ejected
Patron
Codex 2013 Divinity: Original Sin
Haha, it's not actually called Queklain no Vengeant, we just wanted to see if we could get away with calling it that on the official website.

I can assure you that it is called Queklain no Vengeant.

(I work on this game and am cboy's friend-but-rival, thanks for your enthusiasm + the interview codex(ers))
Are you the programmer? Or the guy that makes the cool pixel art?

Ogg

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
"tales of game's"
That's (one of) the most stupid developper name I've seen.

Also, the mandatory : "This has nothing to do in CRPG news. Popamole game should go in POPAMOLECodex, where it belongs."

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
"tales of game's"
That's (one of) the most stupid developper name I've seen.

Also, the mandatory : "This has nothing to do in CRPG news. Popamole game should go in POPAMOLECodex, where it belongs."

This IS the PopamoleCodex.

UserNamer

Cipher
looks great, the gameplay could actually be interesting, even if I'm interested in the game as a whole (especially the rich, basketball based lore, I live for detailed vidcon basketball lore and NOTHING ELSE)

Great. Fill the booth with scantily clad faggots.
And then make a blog post about how any one not visiting your booth is a bigot. That should give you the biggest & most positive press coverage since ever. :lol:

The joke's funny but in fact, it could really be a very clever and effective marketing ploy: booth faggots dancing to a Shaquille O'Neal (c)rap LP. You should do it on the last day though, after all the corporate stuff is out of the way, it would be a riot to behold. Do it, @cboyardee !

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom