Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Getting erroneous alerts

SlavemasterT

Arcane
This morning I've been getting alerts claiming that people are quoting posts of mine in this thread, which I've never even heard of before, let alone posted in. Perhaps coincidentally, I got the first alert at the exact same time I brofisted a Cloaked Figure post in the Politics subforum. Did a wire get crossed somewhere?

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The codex is actually powered the the old gods. DU takes a sanity loss every time he looks at the code.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
One time I tried to reply to a post on Tapatalk and it quoted a Saint Proverbius post instead. True story.

Fens

Ford of the Llies
i didn't know tapatalk had an integrated quality control and replacement service

scnr

Sub

Arcane
Brofisting CF in the Politics forum is what broke it methinks.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
This morning I've been getting alerts claiming that people are quoting posts of mine in this thread, which I've never even heard of before, let alone posted in. Perhaps coincidentally, I got the first alert at the exact same time I brofisted a Cloaked Figure post in the Politics subforum. Did a wire get crossed somewhere?
It's okay. You don't have to convince us that it was a mistake to reply to a shit game thread.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Could be a bug, there is a yet to be installed 2.1 update I'll do later today.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Brofisting Cloaked Faggot is bad and you should feel bad. The forum is trying to steer you back onto the path of righteousness.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Not originally it didn't:

I think it's "raw magic", that is, magic that affects beings directly and not through means such as fireballs to harm, curative energies to heal, portals to summon daedra, etc. The sort of stuff you'd expect a real wizard to know, not just some battlemage who wants to burn you when he cuts you so you can die while you die.
So you could say Mysticism is to other magic schools what other magic schools are to mundane shit?
Not sure if :obviously: or :troll:
Prehaps both.

Fuck oblivion.
I haven't played a mage in Morrowind yet (only casually cast some Illusion spells)
Do. Just don't get burned - runinng in and slinging fireballs just gets you killed in Morrowind. To succeed as a mage, you must make your own, multi-effect spells that chain synergistic effects and be always wary of extremely limited magicka pool.

I actually find playing a mage easier and less frustrating; casting spells is less hit/miss than using weapons, and relatively Firetouch has 100% chance to succeed even at low levels, and kills enemies faster. Although I did tagged Short Blade as a minor skill and use Bound Dagger often just in case.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom