Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
capture_08282013_121048.jpg

escaping from prisonz is teh hard
capture_08282013_130945.jpg

capture_08282013_133041.jpg

fresh air
capture_08282013_133825.jpg

'hello, dishonored' shapeshifting mechanic
wow, this game looks beautiful! what is it?

grudgebringer

I don't think it's an rpg though. It's like a 1st person adventure with real time combats. Westwoods probably spent thousands of gold coins solely on voice acting and sound design.

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
JrK It's Winter's Fury. It features hilarious cutscenes, which are actually very well made for Doom, and it's tough as nails. Like really.

Indranys

Savant
No coats, over shirts, socks, wear options or decals and 90% of the clothing options remove your underwear when it should be visible (while only 1 item in the ENTIRETY of SR2 did this to my memory).
Yes no clothing layer is bad, but I believe that's not the new engine limitation, that's Volition+THQ fault man.
At least they can make a proper PC version now.
And after the official mod tools are out, the modders will try to bring the layers back bro.

deuxhero

Arcane
Yes no clothing layer is bad, but I believe that's not the new engine limitation, that's Volition+THQ fault man.
At least they can make a proper PC version now.
And after the official mod tools are out, the modders will try to bring the layers back bro.

Nah, Volition said it was the engine (or at least their inability to optimize it)

New engine is half the problem though. No coats, over shirts, socks, wear options or decals and 90% of the clothing options remove your underwear when it should be visible (while only 1 item in the ENTIRETY of SR2 did this to my memory).

I fail to see how that's a problem unless you want to play the game as a barbie simulator.

Worse character customization isn't a problem?

There are also a LOT of nasty side effects to this, like half the pants stopping before the ankle while most shoes don't have socks to make up the gap (remember the ONLY consistant flavor SR3's world managed to have was that Steelport was cold, though if it was because of time or location wasn't given), half the shirts exposing the naval when paired with most pants and it just looked like an all around mess.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
WTF is that mod JarlFrank? Also, love how they use facial pics of some random bimbos for the general units. :lol:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?602169-Amazon-Total-War-8-0-Release

The best part is how the creator claims this mod is based on realistic anthropological and archaeological research. Because armour is expensive armoured units are more expensive in cost and maintenance, while most militia units are... not just clothed, but naked. Because clothing can get damaged in battle so they'd rather fight in the nude, of course!
Too bad none of the actual armours look realistic in any way.
Oh, also there are deployable landmines. YES THIS IS VERY AUTHENTIC

octavius

Arcane
Patron
edit:

Game runs very smooth and looks beautiful in glorious 640x480 high-resolution but crashes after a few minutes of gameplay.

I'm using the latest SVN Daum build.

bethh5s3b.png

:(

I played it recently and had similar crashes. Although I used a version withouth the support of hi-res, maybe that's why they weren't so frequent. Bethesda master coding at it's best, but at least the game is great. Last mission is a gigantic maze compared to new fps-es. And has great atmoshpere, no "funny" things like in F3.

Try the CD-ROM version from oldgames.sk
I haven't played it yet, only installed it and taken it for a test drive to see if it was worthy of being included on my 1995 play list. I didn't experience any crashes. I didn't test it extensively, though, only enough to determine that it was at least worth giving a try.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom