Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

IceBlink Kickstarter: Toolset for turn based party RPGs

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
...you make your own, of course.

WarHamster

Augur
Patron
To my knowledge it is not possible to change the view point in the engine. It is strictly top-down perspective, not isometric perspective. If you have mad graphical skillz, you'd be able to do Ultima 6 styled maps or JRPG styled ones (early Final Fantasies, frex.) with it, both with slightly slanted view of the map, but the engine still only handles maps as top-down square grids (consider Ultima 5 as a basic example).

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Alright, the Iceblink guys want me to start thinking about my creature:
“CREATURE + ARTWORK: You will be able to design a custom creature that will become part of the standard creatures that come with the toolset and Jeremy will create the artwork for you! Creature icons/tokens are 64x64 (normal size creatures), 128x128(large), or 192x192(giant) pixels. Jeremy will use a combination of pen and texturing in GIMP to create the creature artwork. You will work directly with the IceBlink team to create a super cool creature (within reason of course, the IceBlink team reserves the final say). You will receive a creature sheet to fill out with the creature name, properties, abilities and description. You also will receive the ALPHA ($25) reward tier.”

As we are quickly approaching the initial Beta Release, we would like to have you start thinking about your creature to submit. Please send us a description of how you want the creature to look (text or rough sketch) so we can get started on the drawings (we’ll send you drafts for your approval). Also, you can start thinking about the back story, description, properties, abilities, etc. of your creature and send those when you are ready. We will be sending a more detailed list of properties that are available for creatures in the next few weeks for you to fill out and return.

Send your submissions to (be sure to include your kickstarter name):

Any help, suggestions, ideas would be greatly appreciate from my codex bros... (any suggestions felipepepe ;)?)

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
... but I want it to take into account my Schwarzenegger-like physique: :troll:
344 (180x240).jpg

Baron

Arcane
God damn, I need to play around with this toolset and build something. Congrats on how far you've come, slowdive. Really impressive work.

Is it too late to contribute to the kickstarter / buy programming beers / etc? I meant to at the time.

:takemymoney:

slowdive

Bree Arts
Developer
It is not too late to contribute to the project, but we are not looking for money at this time. What we could use is the following:
  • Blog review
  • Bug hunting
  • Play and post a review of some of the existing modules
  • Make a Let's Play type video
  • Most important, make a mini module to share with everyone!
Anyone interested in gaining access to the alpha and beta builds and is willing to do do one or more of the above, can PM me here ;-)

slowdive

Bree Arts
Developer
Just posted the third and final part of my "Let's Play" for "The Raventhal" by Pongo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FyFaZ83QCU

"I thoroughly enjoyed this adventure. The writing and character development is excellent, some of the best I have seen in a game or book. Great work Pongo *stands up and claps hands energetically*"

:bravo:

slowdive

Bree Arts
Developer
The Iceblink Engine and Toolset Beta release should be out later today...just finishing up last minute bugs and details. I made some additions to my Lanterna module (new areas, encounters, dialog, side quest, etc.) as well. We were using the Alpha Build period as a time to implement new features and core functions. The Beta Build period will be used for fixing bugs and lots of polishing (easy of use, UI, art assets, etc.). The first Beta Build will probably be a little buggy (I added a number of significant new features that haven't been thoroughly tested), so if you hate bugs, wait for the second or third build.

After the initial release, we plan to continue adding more features and content over time (it is a living project, not a "here you go, we're done")

For details on the Task List:
http://www.iceblinkengine.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=296

As a side note, if you didn't see this:
I'd like to announce that the IceBlink Engine project now has an official team in place as we will need one once the project is released and for moving forward there after.
Project Manager: Karl (youngneil1)
Lead Designer (engine and toolset): Lurking Grue
Community Rep: Pongo
Lead Coder: Jeremy (slowdive)
Toolset Designer: Dorateen
Please join me in welcoming the new team members in a more official capacity (they were already heavily involved in shaping and building the project since the beginning).
We are still looking for additonal coders, scripters, artists (sprites, portraits, UI stuff), QA testers, web design, etc.
Come be part of the team in an official or unofficial capacity!
-Jeremy

slowdive

Bree Arts
Developer
I made some long due updates to the www.iceblinkengine.com web site. I hadn't updated it since the Kickstarter campaign ended about a year ago so it is long over due. I have added a bunch of new content that better reflects the current state of the engine and toolset. What do you think?

slowdive

Bree Arts
Developer
Beta v7 is out and can be found here:

http://www.iceblinkengine.com/index.php/downloads/
It is an open Beta available to anyone for testing purposes. Be aware that it is still a Beta so it is bound to have bugs, but that is why we need your help! Please test, trying to break stuff, and report any bugs on our forums. Be sure to hit "q" to quicksave often while bug searching
grin.gif

The toolset is included, but the save feature has been disabled. Once the engine and toolset are released, the engine will be free to everyone and the toolset (saving enabled) will be $5.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I think it's about time I try this out then, being free and all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom