Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Dead State Pre-Release Discussion [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
It did. Dead State felt like a work in progress moving in the right direction. Wasteland 2's footage makes me think they made tons of questionable design decisions to come to the result they showed off.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yup. Still doesn't make me feel at ease to disregard the childish tone, juvenile quest examples and shit combat.

Hey Brother None, I think it's time to pay Trash's house a visit. Bring a baseball bat. :troll:

Anyway, the tone is a subjective matter, but feel free to explain in the Wasteland 2 thread why you think the combat is shitty. It looks fine to me, especially for an early game area. Certainly an improvement over Fallout.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Brian's gotten faaaaaaaaaaaaaat. He better watch it before Annie leaves him for someone less complacent.

Gotten?

6919_152487942163_345241_n.jpg

Four year old photo.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I want to see some new gameplay from DS. I hope it will improve on previous gameplay rather than decline like the gamescom WL2 video.

EG

Nullified
About 15 minutes left !
*Watches*

Please, don't be shit.
Please.
Meh, I'll still be happy to play it -- at least animation speed is faster.

Last edited:
MCA
That was the sloppiest PAX presentation I've seen so far. And it was almost exactly like the last video, revealed almost nothing new or different. Also rushed, with gameplay jumps for demonstration which looked so very unclear and over-simplistic. Also unfortunate that they got one of the sadder PAX hosts with empty blabbering eg. "so it's like, awesome, yeah, awesome stuff". Nothing against the guy but did he ask anything of substance at all? I might have missed it.

The game itself looked very clunky. Animations, scene panning and menus; there were hitches all around. Allies occupying the same square. Also what the fuck is up with detection? Oscar literally walked all the way up to the looter Coyote without triggering combat. I hope there will at least be sneak animations, assuming he was sneaking. Overall, the game looks rather static at this point, not counting the particular lack of polish at this stage.

Is party control out? In the first encounter with the dead looter outside, one of the allies moved on his own without input from Oscar but I didn't pay attention to player input inside the store.

Also, DAT FAT

2bIjVel.png

Apart from Dead State, I've been checking out the presentations for the last couple hours and I hate the basement dwelling neckbeards pretending to be all hip and grown-up and cool but coming across as even more awkward at best and plain fucking retarded at worst. Goddamn fucking gamers.

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Another accurate prediction from Roguey. I like how the Coyote guys didn't initiate combat until you were right up next to them.

Also, despite having an original release date for December of this year it's still in pre-alpha and the new target is next year. Breathe in that vapor, this is never getting released.

If the RNG can kill anyone at anytime, then you shape your tactics around avoiding it instead of going into fights head-on in a survivalistic game. Sort of like ArmA; I doubt anyone who is into the series where you can die to a single bullet to the head practice savescumming on a regular basis. Unlike action heavy arcady games like COD series, surviving makes the whole experience. People adapt to different types of games.
One can make combat fucking lethal without relying on a RNG to do so. It's not enjoyable difficulty.

Last edited:

Diablo169

Arcane
Totalbiscuit talked to them at PAX and there's a video coming out at some point. Apparently the build he played was obviously pre-alpha, quite ropey and the frame rate was abysmal. He seemed fairly positive about the game itself, but he commented that the UI and the game in general needed "A lot of work"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom