Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

Kanedias

Savant
How is the Executioner's Chariot boss fight after you pull the lever? I only saw him in a video and the player died immediatly afterwards, killed by the two horses. And the quality was lacking.

DefJam101

Arcane
I was real worried about the art design but, gotta say, I dig the new look. Seems pretty classy. Reminds me of King's Field almost

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
The multiplayer features didn't work for me, but a lot of people seem to be saying that the summoning/invading stuff stopped working 30 minutes into the beta, which is when I started playing so I guess that explains it.
I can't find really good discussions of the beta on the web. When you're talking about "a lot of people (...)", are you talking about some forum or a chat?

you can parry with two handed weapons and you can dual wield- two two-handed weapons:bounce::bounce::bounce: chest with actuall traps, necromancers that respawns, black phantoms ganking squads, also if you are to close to enemy while wielding a halberd your character will hit him with haft not the blade dealing less damage, so much new shiiiiiitttttttttttttttt

there is always "discussion" on 4chan in /vg/. there is darks souls/demons souls general thread

dunno lah

Arcane
"if you are to close to enemy while wielding a halberd your character will hit him with haft not the blade dealing less damage"

:yeah:
FUCK YOU HALBERDIERS!!!

Nicolai

DUMBFUCK
The multiplayer features didn't work for me, but a lot of people seem to be saying that the summoning/invading stuff stopped working 30 minutes into the beta, which is when I started playing so I guess that explains it.
I can't find really good discussions of the beta on the web. When you're talking about "a lot of people (...)", are you talking about some forum or a chat?

I was thinking about the threads on Something Awful, Neogaf and also Badgame iirc

How is the Executioner's Chariot boss fight after you pull the lever? I only saw him in a video and the player died immediatly afterwards, killed by the two horses. And the quality was lacking.

You have to fight the horses once you fuck up the chariot, they have melee and ranged attacks (magic). the latter is quite powerful

Elwro

Arcane
2 things I remembered: the voice of the merchant lacked the special hollow quality of the first two DS games. Also, Pursuer's Greatsword's description said something about how it "belonged to a horrible man, but now is not the time to talk about him" :D

pocahaunted

Arcane
Gotta say playing the D2 beta on the PS3 was mildly disappointing. I was playing like shit, though, but the framerate and UI's unresponsivenes surely didn't help. It got a lot better when BPs started showing up, though, but by the nthe time was up.

Elwro

Arcane
What are BPs? Any way, performance on my PS3 was very good, and the graphics were improved.

edit: ah, Black Phantoms I guess.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
I think some of the changes they have proposed for Darks Souls 2 are not that good, especially since they did not address balance with those changes. Just more "multi-player" faggotry.

:decline:

Zep--

what blance you fukcen fagit

old faggit..one of those balances changes should be no SL 1 nubs being invaded by SL 1 NG+ (++++). that's fukin gay, lik ur ass.

Zep--
dude pyro MAGIC SCALES NOW WITH INT. also elemental weapons scales different than in ds1. good luck doing sl1 run without pyro or chaos/fire weapons.

stats are also completely rebuilt

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer

old faggit..one of those balances changes should be no SL 1 nubs being invaded by SL 1 NG+ (++++). that's fukin gay, lik ur ass.

Zep--
dude pyro MAGIC SCALES NOW WITH INT. also elemental weapons scales different than in ds1. good luck doing sl1 run without pyro or chaos/fire weapons.

I like your old avatar better. But this post is like an old whores puffy lipped blowjob and you think HOT...until you realize it's your grandma sucking your dick.

Zep--

Zep--

I like your old avatar better. But this post is like an old whores puffy lipped blowjob and you think HOT...until you realize it's your grandma sucking your dick.

Zep--
:lol:

fuck du and his avatars purge:outrage:

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer

Zep--

Zep--
:lol:

fuck du and his avatars purge:outrage:

this I can get behind....no homo :)

Zep--

Elwro

Arcane
Very good? Are you serious? I guess I'm spoiled since I played DaS mostly on PC...
Yeah. Very good for PS3, that's right. There were quite a few parts in Dark Souls with framerate worse than the one in the beta. And I don't think I had any slowdowns, which happened in Dark Souls from time to time.

pocahaunted

Arcane
Very good? Are you serious? I guess I'm spoiled since I played DaS mostly on PC...
Yeah. Very good for PS3, that's right. There were quite a few parts in Dark Souls with framerate worse than the one in the beta. And I don't think I had any slowdowns, which happened in Dark Souls from time to time.

Granted, but I still think it fell short of expectations (they might have been unreasonably high to begin with). Can't really compare one segment to a game, Undead Parish also runs decently on the PS3.

For a game like souls, experiencing framerate drops during combat is really not appealing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom