Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Tigranes

Arcane
I'm still in Denmark and can't provide a thorough analysis of the update. Safe to say what you're presenting as 'his opinion on teh matter' is actually part of his performance in the situation, not a monologue, and in any case the words he speaks doesn't necessarily back up your understanding of the situation.

Let me be fair, I appreciate the argument for A. I just wanted to point out, there's nothing in the update, IMO, that self-evidently shows these guys want us taken down. It was more of OMFG watch out do we need to fight, and Jing & Zhou have already done enough for the non-Songfeng to show that's not super necessary.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Well, so far the disciples of the sects have been consistently proven to be more stupid/less wise than their masters. If it were only them we had to deal with, there would be no need for a face-saving option in the first place. I am afraid that the disciples will take the contest seriously, against the better judgement of their peers, and that may lead to all kinds of trouble.

But hey, you are right. We came to different conclusions, and it is hard to reconcile our opinions, so let's leave it at that.

Jester

Arbiter
I don't get why anyone headlights the fact that head competition will disturb the cooperation. Everyone here is aware that their leader will give them most fame and only Songfeng will consider themselves honor bound to get Wo boss head. We will get 7 fighters with B and they will help in some way either if they dont want to and they probably would ask management to take part in first charge to increase their chances.

With A we can accidentally kill them, in my opinion no deaths in tournament was assured be Jing holding himself back and very high skills of our opponents. People who are outclassed by our level could be killed or crippled from something Jing consider weak attack and having several opponents to concentrate on would make it harder to pull his punches. We got natural 8 str and agi that is hard to match by small fry and killer style with dont encourage opponent to make mistakes, if they wish to have all limbs course.

Even if Songfeng school will be concentrated on challenge it should not disturb cooperation of whole party, especially considering that their master is wise enough to attempt to deal with situation at hand i doubt that they do anything full retard style.

Kashmir Slippers

Magister
I vote B>C. Getting the captain head is quite doable. Don't forget the goal is to "sneak in under cover of darkness" and Jing can run in with Stealth 5. Sorry but I want to put his ninja skills to the test.

Voting A is no good. We're not settling problems but creating them. Out of the factions present, it's only the Songfeng school that's out for Jing's blood, and its leader Rong Muben is very adamant that "the Songfeng Sword School would not take vengeance for Zhiyu’s untimely demise" so if we fight 'em that flies out of the window. If we kill Songfeng students, then we successfully piss off everyone and hurt the anti-pirate campaign. If we don't kill them, we've still caused trouble by starting these fights and injuring people. There's also a decent chance Jing will come out of this injured, possibly even poisoned, or otherwise worn which will damage our performance against the pirates, who we are trying to make money off of. So lets not do that, shall we? On the other hand, if we don't rise to petty provocations and just prove ourselves in the campaign, then more people will cut us respect for our conduct and we actually earn some money.

I don't really understand where you are getting any of this. We don't have to kill anyone. We have been practicing our fighting against people in the tournament, so I doubt that we are going to not know our strength enough to off a guy on accident unless we choose to do so.

We also aren't starting this fight. We were just standing in the crowd and the Songfeng people started throwing a hissy fit and nearly charged us in a room full of people. They issued the challenge. We would just be accepting their fight. We re not the bad guy in this.

And why do you think they have poisons? They had no idea coming into this meeting that we were going to be there. It is ridiculous to think that these random pugilists, who at least pretend to be honorable and just, carry around poisons that they could use to kill people dishonorably in the off chance that they might run into them. Besides, it would be pretty obvious to everyone if they poisoned us anyway. It is one thing to think that they would try to have an "accident" and kill us during the duel, but people dieing of poisons are pretty obvious. They would be blacklisted from the pugilistic world if they were to try to do something like that.

There is also nothing preventing us from proving ourselves in the campaign either. I think this is something that a lot of people are overlooking. We can still be a badass and take out the leader by ourselves if we are so inclined if we choose A as well, it just frees us from the chance that the Songfeng are going to try to ambush us or get us when we have our back turned. If we humble them right now they will not be able to make as many obvious moves.

We need to start acting like our master's apprentice. He wouldn't turn down a fight, and it looks bad upon him that we keep running away from any straightforward challenge that we are given. I am all for protecting our hide and avoiding necessary dangers, but I am pretty confident that we are abl to win this no sweat. It might make it that much harder for us to fulfill our mission with the eight sects if we keep turning down honorable duels. They might be all "Why should we fight you on your terms when you constantly refuse to fight others on their terms?"

Nevill

Arcane
We need to start acting like our master's apprentice. He wouldn't turn down a fight, and it looks bad upon him that we keep running away from any straightforward challenge that we are given.
We really don't. Remember, these guys let us in on the sole assumption that we won't behave the same as Zhang Jue. What we need is to make a reputation of our own, preferrably the one that would still allow us to communicate with people.

I would be the first to decline the challenge we do not really need, as I hate to be controlled, but this time agreeing to it actually has some merits. I support your point that denying others the right to challenge us when we seek to issue a string of challenges of our own is disingenuous at best.

Last edited:
We need to start acting like our master's apprentice.
I'd personally rather not. Zhang might be a monster of a fighter, but outside of combat (and especially when it comes to other people) he strikes me as a bit of a blunt instrument. I'd much rather that we continue to play against the perception that his apprentice is going to be just like that, and instead we keep doing things our way to keep everyone off guard. Where they expect us to fight we can hold back. Where they expect us to charge in openly we can sneak in instead. And where they think we will be alone we will bring our friends and allies.

obiter dictum

Novice
I've been lurking this thread since it began, and I've really enjoyed just reading it so far. I feel compelled to chime in on this choice, however.

It's hard to say which is the "best choice", but I'm voting for A, and this is why:

1) We already backed down from Bai Jiutian. While that doesn't seem to have hurt our reputation much so far, I fear that if we keep backing down from these seemingly righteous challenges, our reputation will be so poor that it will interfere with everything we do. Considering how much trouble we're already getting just from being Zhang Jue's disciple, further compounded by our antics during the tournament, I don't think we can risk tarnishing our reputation any more than we already have. We're walking a fine line trying to be a non-bloodthirsty Zhang Jue disciple, and I think we should save our remaining leeway in negative reputation hits for more dire circumstances.

2) Choosing Option B may force us into a no win situation. Specifically, I suspect there is a chance we will be faced with a choice between claiming the head of the Wo leader first, or saving Zhou Dingqui's daughter, or some other desireable/undesireable option. So far, we've played Jing as a good-hearted rogue (bro-rogue? brogue?), and I'd like to see that continue. If so, we will sometimes have to favor doing the right thing -- as we did with Rong Muben's cretin son earlier -- over glory, convenience, or some other personal benefit. It therefore seems prudent to avoid further penalizing ourselves (by losing the competition), should we decide that doing something else is more important than claiming the head of the Wo leader first.

3) Option A will earn us the displeasure of Zhou Dingqui, which is unfortunate. We may be able to reverse that by saving his daughter later on, however, which is something we will likely want to do regardless of it interfering with claiming the head of the Wo leader or not. Performing well in the operation in general may also earn us his favor, negating some of the displeasure.

4) Settling things with Songfeng also seems desireable, although it could backfire if we kill or maim any of them. It may not mean much, and it may even make matters worse for us, but we shouldn't completely disregard our own honor. Running around picking fights is bad, unless we want to be another Zhang Jue, but so is sitting around meekly taking shit from everyone.

5) Provided we are able to win the match in Option A without killing or maiming the disciples, It might give us an opportunity to publicly set the record straight regarding what happened at Songfeng. Rong Muben is likely still too boneheaded to listen to reason, and our credibility with the crowd will be strained given our master's reputation, but that way at least the "XU JING MURDERED MY BEATIFUL BABY BOY" spiel won't be the only story on the market. With the crowd gathered around us post-match, we have a chance to proclaim our side of the story, which should at least be somewhat credible given that we had nothing to gain by killing his son, and that Muben has made a full recovery (what a strange coincidence that the illness ceased when his son died...). Regardless of that, we might be able to make Muben participate in the operation by appealing to his honor and righteousness.

If A fails, I prefer C.

[Using this opportunity to say keep up the good work treave. I appreciate your writing style, and this setting/story has been very entertaining so far.]

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I really think we should have the crowd focus on the pirates, first and foremost. This Songfeng showdown is just a distraction, and a waste of time. Besides that, I get the feeling that having a 17 year-old deliver whoppass on a group of students from a slightly more reputable school, could bugger the crowd's confidence where the pirates are concerned. Plus it'd be better to move fast and strike immediately, rather than delay things with a fight, and increase the risk of them pirates getting wind of our plans.

Nevill

Arcane
ERYFKRAD said:
Besides that, I get the feeling that having a 17 year-old deliver whoppass on a group of students from a slightly more reputable school, could bugger the crowd's confidence where the pirates are concerned. Plus it'd be better to move fast and strike immediately, rather than delay things with a fight, and increase the risk of them pirates getting wind of our plans.
Hey, we are the champions. No shame in being defeated by one. Having one on the team is actually beneficial for the morale.
And we need to get to their hideout, and then wait until the sun sets, so time is not an issue here. It's not like it will take more than half an hour anyway.

2) Choosing Option B may force us into a no win situation. Specifically, I suspect there is a chance we will be faced with a choice between claiming the head of the Wo leader first, or saving Zhou Dingqui's daughter, or some other desireable/undesireable option.
That certainly sounds like a possible scenarios, doesn’t it. I doubt it would actually turn out like that, but if it did I don't think it is by any means a no-win one. In this case we would go for the girl over the pirate boss. That way we get to play a hero in front of everyone and especially her father and brother, while they get to look like dicks for ignoring her over a meaningless contest.

Absinthe

Arcane
I don't really understand where you are getting any of this. We don't have to kill anyone. We have been practicing our fighting against people in the tournament, so I doubt that we are going to not know our strength enough to off a guy on accident unless we choose to do so.
Again. There's a difference between a clean fight and this shit.

We also aren't starting this fight. We were just standing in the crowd and the Songfeng people started throwing a hissy fit and nearly charged us in a room full of people. They issued the challenge. We would just be accepting their fight. We re not the bad guy in this.
Again. "He started it." Seriously, that's a shit argument.

And why do you think they have poisons? They had no idea coming into this meeting that we were going to be there. It is ridiculous to think that these random pugilists, who at least pretend to be honorable and just, carry around poisons that they could use to kill people dishonorably in the off chance that they might run into them.
I'm just bringing up the off-chance that Rong Zhiyu's co-conspirators might still have some poisons on them. They did have dealings with the Wudu cult, after all.

Besides, it would be pretty obvious to everyone if they poisoned us anyway. It is one thing to think that they would try to have an "accident" and kill us during the duel, but people dieing of poisons are pretty obvious.
It's a poor poison that gives away the poisoner. Slow poisons can still give us hell and there's more subtle crap like muscle relaxants that make it harder to move well and let your opponent "fairly" defeat you with the sword. If they have dealings with the Wudu cult, getting poisons like this shouldn't be a problem.

They would be blacklisted from the pugilistic world if they were to try to do something like that.
If they were caught doing something like that, you mean.

There is also nothing preventing us from proving ourselves in the campaign either. I think this is something that a lot of people are overlooking. We can still be a badass and take out the leader by ourselves if we are so inclined if we choose A as well,
If we get injured, odds of success go down. If we piss of Songfeng enough that they really decide to "accidentally" ambush us during the campaign, our odds go down even more. If we piss off Songfeng enough that they leave, that also hurts our chances now that we have reduced forces to ambush with. Besides, making it a contest sounds interesting.

it just frees us from the chance that the Songfeng are going to try to ambush us or get us when we have our back turned. If we humble them right now they will not be able to make as many obvious moves.
And this is where I disagree. I think, if anything, this is going cause shit during the pirate assault. There's a point where someone is so pissed off they throw caution to the winds, and they are definitely close. If we start beating them up and proving that we're just a violent punk who needs to be #1, then we've seriously caused havoc.

We need to start acting like our master's apprentice. He wouldn't turn down a fight, and it looks bad upon him that we keep running away from any straightforward challenge that we are given.
Hell no. Zhang Jue is half the reason we have a bad reputation. Now you want to live down to Zhang Jue's brutally violent rep?

I am all for protecting our hide and avoiding necessary dangers, but I am pretty confident that we are able to win this no sweat.
I'm pretty confident we won't make it out unscathed and that the next day we will not only be participating injured, but also have to put up with the fact that our allied forces are weakened and the Songfeng school has set its sights on us, assuming they are even participating after we beat them.

It might make it that much harder for us to fulfill our mission with the eight sects if we keep turning down honorable duels. They might be all "Why should we fight you on your terms when you constantly refuse to fight others on their terms?"
We can fight the Eight Sects on their terms if it comes to it. If we challenge Bai Jiutian last (which is a good idea), then we can still make him fight us on our terms once we've done enough duels on the Eight Sects' terms.

I've been lurking this thread since it began, and I've really enjoyed just reading it so far. I feel compelled to chime in on this choice, however.

It's hard to say which is the "best choice", but I'm voting for A, and this is why:

1) We already backed down from Bai Jiutian. While that doesn't seem to have hurt our reputation much so far, I fear that if we keep backing down from these seemingly righteous challenges, our reputation will be so poor that it will interfere with everything we do. Considering how much trouble we're already getting just from being Zhang Jue's disciple, further compounded by our antics during the tournament, I don't think we can risk tarnishing our reputation any more than we already have. We're walking a fine line trying to be a non-bloodthirsty Zhang Jue disciple, and I think we should save our remaining leeway in negative reputation hits for more dire circumstances.
Except. The last time we backed down from a challenge, our reputation went up. Also, I think voting A is exactly the sort of thing that tarnishes our reputation. Now we're jumping into fights and being exactly the kind of irascible hothead they expect us to be. Not to mention that Rong Muben has vowed not to take revenge. So lets not actually start shit, shall we?

2) Choosing Option B may force us into a no win situation. Specifically, I suspect there is a chance we will be faced with a choice between claiming the head of the Wo leader first, or saving Zhou Dingqui's daughter, or some other desireable/undesireable option. So far, we've played Jing as a good-hearted rogue (bro-rogue? brogue?), and I'd like to see that continue. If so, we will sometimes have to favor doing the right thing -- as we did with Rong Muben's cretin son earlier -- over glory, convenience, or some other personal benefit. It therefore seems prudent to avoid further penalizing ourselves (by losing the competition), should we decide that doing something else is more important than claiming the head of the Wo leader first.
That's not a no-win situation. Even if we get forced into that kind of choice, both choices have clear benefits to them (but saving the girl would be the better choice).

3) Option A will earn us the displeasure of Zhou Dingqui, which is unfortunate. We may be able to reverse that by saving his daughter later on, however, which is something we will likely want to do regardless of it interfering with claiming the head of the Wo leader or not. Performing well in the operation in general may also earn us his favor, negating some of the displeasure.
No. Voting A will earn us the displeasure of everyone. Songfeng school gets to have its ass kicked by the guy who killed their heir. At which point Rong Muben really can't say "okay guys lets not lay a hand on him." The host will be gravely insulted because we are starting a fight under his roof. And the alliance will be damaged. We are basically fucking up everything for the sake of... what? Our inability to walk away from a cheap provocation?

4) Settling things with Songfeng also seems desireable, although it could backfire if we kill or maim any of them. It may not mean much, and it may even make matters worse for us, but we shouldn't completely disregard our own honor. Running around picking fights is bad, unless we want to be another Zhang Jue, but so is sitting around meekly taking shit from everyone.
Except this is actually dishonorable conduct (again, insulting the host, damaging the alliance, taking up cheap provocations...), and we are not settling anything with Songfeng. How does beating them settle shit? Unless we bury them six feet down under, this won't be the end of it. Walking away from pointless violence isn't going to injure our honor, not with Rong Muben being opposed to the violence, especially not with our high speech skill.

Besides, meekly taking shit is only a problem when people can walk over you. We all know that if these tools actually tried shit they would get fucked, so there's no point in proactively starting shit just to say "don't mess with me man, I'm dangerous." We're strong enough that can we can politely smile in their face until we rip them in half once they go too far.

5) Provided we are able to win the match in Option A without killing or maiming the disciples, It might give us an opportunity to publicly set the record straight regarding what happened at Songfeng. Rong Muben is likely still too boneheaded to listen to reason, and our credibility with the crowd will be strained given our master's reputation, but that way at least the "XU JING MURDERED MY BEATIFUL BABY BOY" spiel won't be the only story on the market. With the crowd gathered around us post-match, we have a chance to proclaim our side of the story, which should at least be somewhat credible given that we had nothing to gain by killing his son, and that Muben has made a full recovery (what a strange coincidence that the illness ceased when his son died...).
That won't go over well. Jing beats up Songfeng school and tells the public the story of "Believe me gentlemen, I have acted with Songfeng and Rong Muben's best interests at heart. I'm really an upstanding gentleman." They won't buy it like that. If you want the story to work, you have to prove that Jing has good reasons for his actions and "people might think poorly of me" is hardly a good reason to go for a fight.

Regardless of that, we might be able to make Muben participate in the operation by appealing to his honor and righteousness.
There's a limit to how much shit a man can take. Don't be surprised if this crap pushes him over the edge. We're not at -100 yet, but if we vote A, we will be.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
Here's the thing about "He started it!" It's a valid argument in the setting, duels of honor are the thing orthodoxes fight about and to them it's a perfectly valid reason to do so. No one will frown on us for accepting the challenge, except the organizer, but if we get these people in line now we can all focus on the goal of exterminating weeaboo pirate scum, without turning this mission into a competition where we have to watch our backs against the very people that are supposed to be watching it.

And the poison argument is utter and complete nonsense, Master Rong finally found his fire and apparently turned his whole school around without sacrificing his moral backbone. These students are definitely not carrying deadly poison on them.

Absinthe

Arcane
Here's the thing about "He started it!" It's a valid argument in the setting, duels of honor are the thing orthodoxes fight about and to them it's a perfectly valid reason to do so. No one will frown on us for accepting the challenge, except the organizer, but
You seem very adamant about ignoring the fact that Rong Muben does not want to fight, that we would be insulting the host, and that this would indeed damage the alliance in ways as I have mentioned. Selective perception going full blast eh? "I know you've rebutted my points several times over, but I choose to ignore that so that I can pretend I've still got a point."

if we get these people in line now we can all focus on the goal of exterminating weeaboo pirate scum, without turning this mission into a competition where we have to watch our backs against the very people that are supposed to be watching it.
Again, you are doing a great job ignoring all the points listed to the contrary about how in fact this starts a lot of shit and has a number of ways it will fuck up the pirate hunt.

And the poison argument is utter and complete nonsense, Master Rong finally found his fire and apparently turned his whole school around without sacrificing his moral backbone. These students are definitely not carrying deadly poison on them.
Logic: Meet willful ignorance. Unlikely? Sure. Possible? Yes.

Jester

Arbiter
Emm backing from stupid challenges like BJ was smart taking into consideration circumstances of that choice. Wise use of those occurrences negated rep hit. I think that you are correct to say that we will have to kick some challengers later, course when it will be wise to do so. Judging from sects reputation maker we had chosen well, with one stupid exception i am butt hurt about.
Expect that possible scenario to, although i am not to concerned with loosing. Sometimes graceful loss is more beneficial than win, like during horse slap fight. I think that Jing saving the girl, even if that would mean challenge loss would be better victory. Mby even letting Rong see light, if played well.

:deadhorse:
We played him so mostly, still i think that part with Cretin son was opposite of this. Do the good thing, while looking for crowd worship instead of right thing. Guess we got huge penalty for that attempt to pull a BJ. I hope Jing will not revert to that shameful behavior, one BJ to troll is enough for me.

Or we can aim to get more respect points from him by not crippling our rp score now.

My plan is to wait till someone cross the line. Make example of that poor SOB, making it clear that Jing is Tiger... VERY patient Tiger but nevertheless something you shouldn't try to infuriate if you prefer to have all limbs attached to your body.

5) Provided we are able to win the match in Option A without killing or maiming the disciples, It might give us an opportunity to publicly set the record straight regarding what happened at Songfeng.
We are in this mess because we tried to show Jing as frigging saint, mostly without thinking through circumstances. Only thing that can fix this mess is Rong believing that Jing mby was telling true. Don't see how beating (gods prevents killing) his students will help in that.

and our credibility with the crowd will be strained given our master's reputation
Being a disciple of person who is able to kill people just because he want something from them... taking that into consideration any attempt to disarm this problem is like trying to extinguish fire with gasoline. They will not buy it, mby even it will make things worse.

but that way at least the "XU JING MURDERED MY BEATIFUL BABY BOY" spiel won't be the only story on the market. With the crowd gathered around us post-match, we have a chance to proclaim our side of the story, which should at least be somewhat credible given that we had nothing to gain by killing his son, and that Muben has made a full recovery (what a strange coincidence that the illness ceased when his son died...).
Beggars had spread our version of story so it is on the market. Doubt that stating it here will help us. I assume that official version is that Rang was healed by Yao or Cao. Taking into consideration their reputation it is believable. Lets add that Cao theoretically was our associate in this "crime" so her statement could be considered flawed and our complete LACK of evidence. If this case would end up in court we would be most likely proven guilty.

Regardless of that, we might be able to make Muben participate in the operation by appealing to his honor and righteousness.
Most likely he will.

Nevill

Arcane
Absinthe said:
You seem very adamant about ignoring the fact that Rong Muben does not want to fight, that we would be insulting the host, and that this would indeed damage the alliance in ways as I have mentioned.
In fact, he is so against the fight that he doesn't even stop his own disciples, who are obliged to listen.
Everything his disciples do reflects on him and his school. If he does not speak against it, he gives his silent approval, or at the very least, he is indifferent about it.

The argument about him forgetting his vow at a drop of a hat isn't even worth responding to.

Absinthe said:
"I know you've rebutted my points several times over, but I choose to ignore that so that I can pretend I've still got a point."
The pot calling the kettle black, at its finest.

Absinthe said:
It is also possible that all of them are Shulgi. What? It could happen.
There is absolutely nothing that would suggest that the poisoning of Rong Muben wasn't a one-time thing.

Absinthe

Arcane
In fact, he is so against the fight that he doesn't even stop his own disciples, who are obliged to listen.
Everything his disciples do reflects on him and his school. If he does not speak against it, he gives his silent approval, or at the very least, he is indifferent about it.
Ignoring clear contradictory evidence in the update: Check.

The argument about him forgetting his vow at a drop of a hat isn't even worth responding to.
"I'm so convinced I'm right I don't even need logic." Check.

The pot calling the kettle black, at its finest.
Tu quoque, with a side of "not even proving the tu quoque"? Check!

Jumping off the slippery slope? Why yes thank you. Check!

There is absolutely nothing that would suggest that the poisoning of Rong Muben wasn't a one-time thing.
Why Nevill. What's this? Your first decent point. My answer is: True, but using poison once raises the possibility of using poison a second time.

See Nevill, it's because you tend to do crap like this that I'd rather not bother responding to you.

Last edited:

Jester

Arbiter
Absinthe said:
You seem very adamant about ignoring the fact that Rong Muben does not want to fight, that we would be insulting the host, and that this would indeed damage the alliance in ways as I have mentioned.
He is honorable enough that he will not try to get revenge, still that dont mean he stop to hate killer of his child. Jing killed his son and now ridiculed (in good cause, still it was far from polite). Every person have a braking point, even person like Rong.

Absinthe said:
There is absolutely nothing that would suggest that the poisoning of Rong Muben wasn't a one-time deal.
There is no proof that junior was working alone, nor that it wasn't only his plot. We dont know whole story of what happened back then, we only speculate without evidence. The most likely explanation is that heir bought some potent stuff to haste his promotion, that dont mean it is true.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
B
It's a reasonable solution to the problem. Everyone gets to save face right now, which I like. The competition might get messy, but if others play dirty, that reflects poorly on them. We only choose for us. B satisfies everyone but Songfeng, and they can, as Jing said, go die in a fire.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
ERYFKRAD - C
XenomorphII - B
Zero Credibility - B
Elfberserker - A
Kashmir Slippers - A
Nevill - A
Kipeci - C > B
asxetos - A
Stygian Lurker - B
Baltika9 - A
Esquilax - A
The Brazilian Slaughter - B
Jester - B
Tigranes - B
ScubaV - B
Rex Feral - B
Random Word - A
Absinthe - B > C
Smashing Axe - B > A
Ifeex - B > A
Lambchop19 - A
Omicron - A
obiter dictum - A > C
Grimgravy - B
TOME - C > B

Current tally:

A - 10
B - 12
C - 3

Last edited:

Kipeci

Arcane
The only reason that I'm not voting A is that it would be kind of a dick move for us to pull on the guy running this house, and we certainly don't need to piss off yet another influential man of power to score points with losers and goons who already hate us anyway. I'd actually like to vote C for both the r00fles and the fact that the guy who runs the house was the one who offered the suggestion, unfortunately it only has one vote behind it.

... then I remember that conditional votes (which are basically a sort of cancer, granted) are a thing.

C > B

Baltika9

Arcane
We need to start acting like our master's apprentice.
I'd personally rather not. Zhang might be a monster of a fighter, but outside of combat (and especially when it comes to other people) he strikes me as a bit of a blunt instrument. I'd much rather that we continue to play against the perception that his apprentice is going to be just like that, and instead we keep doing things our way to keep everyone off guard. Where they expect us to fight we can hold back. Where they expect us to charge in openly we can sneak in instead. And where they think we will be alone we will bring our friends and allies.
On that note: since the orthodox schools get their support from aiding communities from problems exactly like these (taking down bandits, pirates, weeaboos and ne'er-do-wells in general) and and the Student's deeds reflect upon his Master, does that mean continued do-goodery on Jing's part will lead people to believe Zhang is an approachable fella and start sending him requests for aid like they do with regular sects? treave, is that a possibility?
The results should be hilarious. :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom