Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
:lol: y u so mean to fatties.

Repressed Homosexual
I don't care about his fatness, although it does somewhat aggravate me because it adds to his careless demeanor. I don't like how much of an entitled douchebag he is. He says he is "playing a character". That's like all the douchebag humorists who say they "only play a character" and they're really not disgustingly crude and condescending. No one buys that.

I'm not laughing at him, but let's say that Google's rating of Youtube comments by activity instead of user ratings has hurt him. He has made a video proposing to his girlfriend:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNdbwPeCcls

The top rated comment:

she said: HELL No!, get a real job you piece of shit fatfuck nolife. You're such a dumbass retard, who would want to marry a fuking ugly fat nerd who can't even stand up by himself. You're worse than trash, you only have a 2 inch dick and I can't even see it because all your stomach's fat is hiding it. Pathetic.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Here's a new gaming accessory developed in Japan, to go with the Oculus Rift or other VR goggles: (NSFW)

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Heh, the Novint Falcon. It's been a while since I saw one of those. Anyway, it can't compete with the SOM.

DraQ

Arcane
I go further and declare turns are all but necessary for micro-managing a party of unique individuals, especially if one desires a large array of tactical options. Imagine trying to give your party in Baldur's Gate 2 all the commands you could in ToEE. Maybe some people prefer the feeling of urgency and chaos that RtWP can provide as you scramble to keep track of everything that is happening, but I prefer the breadth of options and clean control that TB allows. Can you imagine playing X-Com in real time? You'd get murdered by a computer opponent that can cover the entire battlefield and juggle all its field options at the same time, something the player cannot do or compete with unless they're the Flash.

That the TB haters never seem to consider this leads me to believe that their experience with the system is limited to simple JRPGs with 3 member parties and limited tactical options, where none of what I described comes into play. They haven't played games where you have 6 party members and grid movement, stances, reaction commands, groups of tough enemies, meager restorative options, etc.
This.

The only way to make such party based RT or RTWP viable would be either to invent a truly smart autopause, or have time scale modification bound to mouse wheel to be able to slow down action to managable level without mashing pause like a retard BG fan.

Yah I've noticed that a lot of people will criticize a system based on a flawed execution of it (it's possible for turn based to be fast and high intensity). I have also been guilty of this in regards to rtwp.
Pfff.
Almost the entire Codex has been guilty of this in regards to use based.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
Opinion: Why I still look forward to a new Call of Duty

I've been playing Call of Duty since Modern Warfare. A little late to the game, I was intimidated by the constant talk of nefarious online dwellers who spit out vile remarks while simultaneously knifing you in the back. I was always a fan of intense first-person shooters, having played Counter Strike for a couple of years prior, and decided I would jump into the cool new thing. I haven't looked back since.

Call of Duty's multiplayer experiences vary and before I defend my personal experience with the online aspect, I would like to note that there are still problems with a portion of the community when it comes to transphobia, homophobia, racism, and misogyny that should not be overlooked.

As a woman, and one who speaks loudly over a headset, I used to worry about dealing with Neanderthals who might be slotted into my team, but in the six years that I've been playing I can honestly say it's only happened to me a handful of times. For the most part, when I've been playing on a team that's lost, I may receive a simple, quick "GG" (Good Game) from one of the strangers on my team during that round, but most of the time it's just silence.

Elaborate trolling or shameless marketing, you decide.

Call of Duty's multiplayer experiences vary and before I defend my personal experience with the online aspect, I would like to note that there are still problems with a portion of the community when it comes to transphobia, homophobia, racism, and misogyny that should not be overlooked.

Okay, I get "Faggot!", "Nigger!" and "Get back to the kitchen!", but I've never been called a tranny for performing a 360 no-scope kill on some nigger gay faggot who plays like a girl. Where does transphobia come in?

Transformers is an oppressive show geared towards trannies who can pass for the opposite gender, as the tagline "More than meets the eye!" suggests (the opposite gender is represented by the vehicle mode to make product merchandising more palatable). Poor trannies who can't afford the necessary surgeries are ignored. Very problematic.

Oh yeah, Wasteland is on Steam. But if you go into the forum, you're gonna have a bad time

◥▶◀◤ said:
Its probably outdated and unplayable for someone (like me) who didn't play it when it was released. I have nothing against it but I don't want the samething to happen to me when I bought Fallout 2. The first Fallout games I played were Fallout 3 and New Vegas, so going back to Fallout 2 was a step backwards, atleast for me. The game felt slow, combat is a bore, and the story seemed too much like Fallout 1 and 3. Plus the controls were pretty bad, atleast compared to today. Its a shame because I loved the art design (like in most Fallout games) and the music was great. So ill probably skip this one, maybe when it goes on sale, but i'll stick with Fallout 3 and New Vegas :)

Last edited:
Repressed Homosexual

Now the guy is so haaaapppyyy of having being given a PS4 by Sony, and makes game reviewers look reasonable.

I can't stand this guy, who has been shuttered in a room for most of his life, and yet acts like a smarmy know-it-all who can judge all the world, who mentions he has a girlfriend/wife five times in every video, and who is constantly talking about himself and his fatness over and over again. This guy is a piece of work. This is how I picture Surf Solar in many respects.

He's still disabled the Youtube comments who from people who hurt his precious feelings.

In spite of all the traffic he gets, I can't understand why Sony executives would choose to associate with this horrid guy in any way, shape or form.

I don't despise this guy at all because of his fatness or anything. It's only his incredibly smug, smarmy, self-complacent attitude that grates my nerves in all the worst possible ways. And that's without his "Francis" character. I can't stand watching more than 30 seconds of his "skits".

Last edited:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Night Goat, stop hurting Francis' feelings and rediverting the attention he deserves!

Volrath

Arcane
Patron

Now the guy is so haaaapppyyy of having being given a PS4 by Sony, and makes game reviewers look reasonable.

I can't stand this guy, who has been shuttered in a room for most of his life, and yet acts like a smarmy know-it-all who can judge all the world, who mentions he has a girlfriend/wife five times in every video, and who is constantly talking about himself and his fatness over and over again. This guy is a piece of work. This is how I picture Surf Solar in many respects.

He's still disabled the Youtube comments who from people who hurt his precious feelings.

In spite of all the traffic he gets, I can't understand why Sony executives would choose to associate with this horrid guy in any way, shape or form.

I don't despise this guy at all because of his fatness or anything. It's only his incredibly smug, smarmy, self-complacent attitude that grates my nerves in all the worst possible ways. And that's without his "Francis" character. I can't stand watching more than 30 seconds of his "skits".

You do realise "Francis" is an act right?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
HHR, the reason people think you're a troll is because you're simultaneously so literate and verbose, and yet also so intellectually shallow and uncurious, always jumping to ridiculous conclusions.

It doesn't fit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom