Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline PS4 wins the console war against XboxONE, yet it is a hollow victory as Consolesdämmerung is upon us

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Given the PS3 has no games (meme) I'm surprised the PS4 launched with such a shitluster lineup.

Dexter

Arcane
Given the PS3 has no games (meme) I'm surprised the PS4 launched with such a shitluster lineup.
Saw this posted somewhere else:
i3aqioiT407xX.jpg

Nothing there that isn't on PC I'd really feel like playing. But it kind of illustrates how the two strategies seem to be at Launch. Microsoft seems to still be banking on big internal and external "Exclusives" by paying off studios and sets more a focus on the big Awesome-Button titles and Kinect while SONY seems to be going all Indie to bridge the lack of own titles and also full Steam ahead into F2P territory (Warframe, DC Universe Online, PlanetSide 2, War Thunder, Everquest Next, Dust 512, Blacklight: Reteribution, Deep Down etc.).

The only console-only game announced so far I'm slightly curious about is The Order: 1886 and maybe Quantum Break, although there's not enough Info on that one.

Last edited:

Comrade Goby

Magister
Project: Eternity
As a long time (soon to be former) console player, I have to agree. Most of us are barely literate, which explains a lot. As one might expect, the ones who do have two brain cells to rub together also play PC games. It's only natural for intelligent people to seek out headier entertainments as they mature. The rest are content to press against walls and push Awesome between sections of sub-B movie narrative, while believing they're playing the cream of the medium.

Some day when you become really enlightened you'll move on to books! ;)

Black

Arcane
:D Calling anyone on Codex a rabid PC fanboy, the darnedest things repressed homosexuals say.
But you're right, I'm completely loyal to that one corporation that makes PCs.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Saw this posted somewhere else:
pic

Nothing there that isn't on PC I'd really feel like playing. But it kind of illustrates how the two strategies seem to be at Launch. Microsoft seems to still be banking on big internal and external "Exclusives" by paying off studios and sets more a focus on the big Awesome-Button titles and Kinect while SONY seems to be going all Indie to bridge the lack of own titles and also full Steam ahead into F2P territory (Warframe, DC Universe Online, PlanetSide 2, War Thunder, Everquest Next, Dust 512, Blacklight: Reteribution, Deep Down etc.).

The only console-only game announced so far I'm slightly curious about is The Order: 1886 and maybe Quantum Break, although there's not enough Info on that one.
I'd like to add that although MS has more exclusives, the only one worth mentioning is forza 5, the others are just as mediocre as Sony's 2 exclusives.

Dexter

Arcane
http://imgur.com/a/GipOM
Kn7Tp1Uh.jpg

On a rash decision, I decided to buy an Xbox One through the Doritos and Mountain Dew every 2 minutes auction. I got some friends together and we eventually bought all the Mountain Dew from a campus store, and all the smaller Doritos bags from Wal-Mart and Giant Eagle.

We had to stack Doritos on my friends in the back...

What 165 Mountain Dews looks like.

Bathing in Doritos... Every man's dream.

The process, one opening Doritos, one opening Dew and recording codes, one writing Doritos codes, and one inputting codes.

IODQXiah.jpg

Our wall of Doritos.

Party.

"C" as in "cat." Er...

40,000 calories and 25 pounds of sugar later, success!

:patriot::kingcomrade::patriot:

http://www.examiner.com/article/mic...doritos-team-up-for-huge-xbox-one-sweepstakes

Last edited:

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Its cause of the games people buy these console. Imagine, if GTA 5 was platfom exclusive to 1 console it would singlehandedly won the "war" for the manufacturer.
But its sad when the best game on release is Assasins Creed 4.

This release of Next gen consoles have been very dissapointing, IMO. Nothing new that PC cant do and no killer titles that wants you to buy it.
Killer Instinct? Copying LoL for fighting games. Only 6 champ available at start, 8 till the end of Season. Would love to play it tho, but at the cost of 500 euros...no.
Knack? Was hoping this would be cool, turned out to be Pixar wannabe with meh gameplay and story.
Killzone? Lol. Shooter on console. Pretty but big budget games are boring as shit to play. Failsafe. zzz

I'd say if you're horny for voice commands so you can pretend that the console is your wife then go for it.
For gaming...chill till the better titles arrive.

Comrade Goby

Magister
Project: Eternity
http://imgur.com/a/GipOM
Kn7Tp1Uh.jpg

On a rash decision, I decided to buy an Xbox One through the Doritos and Mountain Dew every 2 minutes auction. I got some friends together and we eventually bought all the Mountain Dew from a campus store, and all the smaller Doritos bags from Wal-Mart and Giant Eagle.

We had to stack Doritos on my friends in the back...

What 165 Mountain Dews looks like.

Bathing in Doritos... Every man's dream.

The process, one opening Doritos, one opening Dew and recording codes, one writing Doritos codes, and one inputting codes.

IODQXiah.jpg

Our wall of Doritos.

Party.

"C" as in "cat." Er...

40,000 calories and 25 pounds of sugar later, success!

:patriot::kingcomrade::patriot:

http://www.examiner.com/article/mic...doritos-team-up-for-huge-xbox-one-sweepstakes

Give them shit but that way is still cheaper than buying an Xbone. Plus they get to have a good amount of the greatest products on Earth DEW AND DORITOS

RolePlayer

Augur
Anybody on the Codex actually got a PS4 and can give the breakdown on all the gritty details?

Mostly I would like to know how much DRM is involved ... this is stuff that is impossible to hear about from the industry that is supposed to be covering these types of things.

Repressed Homosexual
Anybody on the Codex actually got a PS4 and can give the breakdown on all the gritty details?

Mostly I would like to know how much DRM is involved ... this is stuff that is impossible to hear about from the industry that is supposed to be covering these types of things.

I have one on order but there's been delays, not sure when I will get it. Will not order from this retailer from this point on.

When I get it I will make a thread and post detailed impressions therein.

Repressed Homosexual
I wonder how PAL territories rest of the world will do.

hR0x2e7.jpg

Honestly, even though this guy is trying a bit too hard at times, he is probably the best thing in this industry for a very long time. A really nice, genuine dude who cares about his customers, responds to them, is very self-depreciating, and wants everyone to be happy.

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
I wonder how PAL territories rest of the world will do.

hR0x2e7.jpg

Honestly, even though this guy is trying a bit too hard at times, he is probably the best thing in this industry for a very long time. A really nice, genuine dude who cares about his customers, responds to them, is very self-depreciating, and wants everyone to be happy.
He's a typical PR and salesman who is good at his job, nothing more. He gets paid to make consumers like him and feel like he's "one of them" and gives a fuck about them so they'll buy Sony's products. He just stands out so much because most companies in the game industry utterly fail at public relations.

Repressed Homosexual
I've no doubt it's part of this, but he's at the top of the division, so he isn't paid to be a PR person in and of itself and he doesn't have a lot of superiors to answer to. I don't believe that it's all a cynical, forced ploy. Who says he doesn't genuinely enjoy what he's doing and building rapport?

Lunac

Arcane

Whaz dat, a 28 inch TV, 30-32 maybe? Fuken dudebro fucktards! Go with a small order of fries next time instead of large and budget for a proper HDTV. If ya gonna konsole at least konsole the right way. HDTV's are dirt cheap nowadays, and speaking of dirt I can almost smell dirty shit stained underwear, sweaty feet, and stale doritos just from looking at that photo.

Consoletards into ovens, the only solution, the final solution.
Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-H26996,_KZ_Dachau,_Verbrennungsofen.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom