Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
"A little girl was raped. Arrest those women."

"Sir, I'm pretty sure the culprits had to be males beca-"

"MEN...MY AI IS CAPABLE OF PROCESSING THIS DESKTOP LET ALONE THE ENTIRE ROOM. IT IS OBVIOUS YOUR THOUGHTS IS NOT EQUAL TO MY PIZZA"

"Y-y-y...YES SIR! At once!"

zwanzig_zwoelf

EYE%202013-11-17%2010-43-59-10.png

Hey Prosper's AI, glad to see you in one piece!

EYE%202013-11-17%2011-02-44-59.png

EYE%202013-11-17%2014-12-19-45.png

EYE%202013-11-17%2014-16-23-89.png

EYE%202013-11-17%2014-51-05-52.png

Nim

Augur
I love how you play the Gaians and have Boreholes and forests everywhere.
I suppose going pure fungus would be the proper gaian way but that's way too weak for a long time and then in the end gets too strong iirc ( I think I'll try it later on).

Cholo

Arcane
f94erKY.jpg

Fuck this shit ass bug ridden fuckfest so much. I've got power armor, kilos of explosives, thousands of .50 cal rounds and I am just not allowed to get past this load lifter's carcass. Can't move it, can't blow it up, can't walk over it, nothing. That's it, you can't go any further. This is there same level where you're blocked by a waist high wooden fence....

Cosmo

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Fuck this shit ass bug ridden fuckfest so much. I've got power armor, kilos of explosives, thousands of .50 cal rounds and I am just not allowed to get past this load lifter's carcass. Can't move it, can't blow it up, can't walk over it, nothing. That's it, you can't go any further. This is there same level where you're blocked by a waist high wooden fence....

From NMA :

WsfWarlord wrote: edit: lucky me, i just managed to make my soldiers go past the robot by using some kind of closing door bug. i place on of them very close to the door and make him close it and just when the door close i click to make him move behind the door and he get past it ^^

Cholo

Arcane
Thanks Cosmo
Saw that thread and tried it out, but no luck- the door is blocked too. There was a second entrance on the roof but the level designer got lazy and said fuck it so it's unfinished and and inaccessible.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Did you enjoy the bug where the Super Mutants with the Brownings gibbed you at maximum range with Burst fire?

Heresiarch

Prophet
The new XCOM expansion/DLC is worth it even just for this mission:

XComEW%202013-11-18%2022-31-49-40.jpg

XComEW%202013-11-18%2022-35-12-21.jpg

XComEW%202013-11-18%2022-51-55-07.jpg

XComEW%202013-11-18%2023-05-33-57.jpg

While it's too bad they didn't make any changes to the final mission, they do put in a few very awesome new missions.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
How many bosses are in that game?
There's only about a dozen unique bosses, but they start acting as 'regular' spawns after about twenty minutes into a run. It isn't rare to get around ten or so on the screen at once you start repeating the levels.

Tried it out today. Is it supposed to be really difficult until you unlock stuff or do I just suck? Because from level 2 onwards everything takes like 30+ seconds to kill of non stop firing, spawns every 10 seconds, and kills me in about 5. I managed to get to level 4 but the game seems to disagree, because I didn't get any of the unlocks or records I should have, despite definitely killing at least 3 bosses (died on the 4th, though I didn't spawn that one myself, it just showed up after a while of wandering around and started spawning swarms of shit everywhere.) I have no idea how you're supposed to handle these swarms of enemies when you do so little damage. Also, the resolution won't scale up, which is pissing me off, having to use only like 1/4 of my screen to play.

Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Tried it out today. Is it supposed to be really difficult until you unlock stuff or do I just suck? Because from level 2 onwards everything takes like 30+ seconds to kill of non stop firing, spawns every 10 seconds, and kills me in about 5. I managed to get to level 4 but the game seems to disagree, because I didn't get any of the unlocks or records I should have, despite definitely killing at least 3 bosses (died on the 4th, though I didn't spawn that one myself, it just showed up after a while of wandering around and started spawning swarms of shit everywhere.) I have no idea how you're supposed to handle these swarms of enemies when you do so little damage. Also, the resolution won't scale up, which is pissing me off, having to use only like 1/4 of my screen to play.
You can beat the game with the initial unlocks, but it's not particularly easy and likely not going to happen for a new player. Especially as the Commando is probably one of the harder characters to adjust to, and needs good items more than most other classes. The game doesn't hold back its punches, for sure, so don't fret about it pummeling you - it's supposed to. Jumping is a good way to avoid damage, and being quick to the teleporter is generally better than farming a little extra early gold until you get more used to the game (as well as avoiding enemies while you find it).

As for the unlocks not working, that's unusual. You should have the Bandit for making it to level four (which should have been a pink goo world, or a magma world), and you get the Enforcer if you kill the Colossus, Wandering Vagrant and Magma Worm (doesn't have to be all in one run). Make sure you're playing on the middle difficulty (Downpour, I think?), as things won't unlock on Drizzle.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom