Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Torment Torment: Tides of Numenera Pre-Release Thread [ALPHA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

hiver

just like Shakespeare use to say. :P

Damn it. Someone let Fargo know he should make t-shirts with that line.
- i take only 10% cut.

- edit-
ok, ninja can get 3% too. or ill pay him 3$ in cash. right.? fair is fair.

(ovi ode pojma nemaju ko me naučija ovako brojat, ha!)

Last edited by a moderator:

Darkzone

Arcane
People you do not take the vote so seriously because, it was never a real question if TB will be chosen, this was nearly clear since Colin or who ever this was mentioned that it is great fun to play Torment in the Wasteland 2 game build or so. Only a 75 - 90 % for RTwP would have change this, but it was clear that the difference for RTwP vs TB will never be that high.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
What I'd like to see is the RTwP crowd (in the vote thread) to man the fuck up. Crying crocodile tears about cheating and bias and refunding isn't helping anyone, least of all their cause (unless of course that gets InXiles pants shaking, which I doubt). I don't remember seeing that bullshit with the TB crowd when we were losing. What ever gets chosen, everyone has to live with it and life fucking goes on; there's more to a game than decidedly infrequent combat. Being critical and defensive over one's preferences and even butthurt is all well and good, even expected, but Jesus...

That said; I am extremely glad the incline is on the road for victory. :smug:

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Honestly, I'm quite surprised that so many backers are voting in favor of TB combat for a spiritual successor to a RTwP game. If anything, I expected RTwP to dominate, especially amongst "nostalgia backers", who don't really give a shit about in-depth differences between the two systems and just want another storyfag/adventure experience.

Darkzone

Arcane
Escape from Tournament Planet or Plain Scrape's Tourniquet? I love Torment, but most of my friends didn't like it. And wtf is a Hipster?

Darkzone

Arcane
So a studied 100 kg muscle metal death / gothic rocker?
Ok it does not apply to me, because i have only one macbook.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Hahaha Darkzone if I could I would bro fist that comment
I have never seen a metalhead with such geeky tendecies...perhaps a nu metal fan?

m_s0

Arcane
Voted TB. Finally.

6,211 people want good combat as of now.
This post brought to you by Brother None. The man probably doesn't get paid enough :bro:

Maelflux

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
The way this thread is "evolving" (and I use that word very lightly), is beginning to remind me of the way the Castoff Labyrinth evolved..

Darkzone

Arcane
I like quite a lot the Nu Metal, but my music is more the stoner rock, gothic rock, death / trash / industrial metal. And sometimes in my sentimental moments i hear true Heavy Metal. But if i'm programing something, then i listen to ambient and smooth jazz, because listen to some fucking tasty guitar riff disperses the concentration. But honestly i dont know what is so unusual to have people like me being so geeky? The best times of my life were on the university. Making party with the metal people from computer science, physics and mathematics, listen to metal, drink some beer, smoke something and discuss the "higher" problems. I can only recommend quantum physics on high, especially the harmonic oscillator. Ok that may be not everyman's thing. And yes we played D&D also together, but i admit that this is kinda strange if some guys that look like 10 Years of Jail play D&D, and argue about the rules.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Hahaha Darkzone if I could I would bro fist that comment
I have never seen a metalhead with such geeky tendecies...perhaps a nu metal fan?

:what:

Metalheads are not all retarded moshpit morons.
And lol at the association of nu metal with geekyness. You are clueless.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Don't mind Retard Boner, he's one of those with a very important life who can't waste time with TB combat.

Rake

Arcane
I never understood why these people with so many importand things (tm) to do are playing games at all. It's a waste of their valuable time.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
According to inXile combat is supposed to be entirely optional. And the goal is not to have filler encounters such as fighting dozens of rats or anything of the sort.

So basically it's an AoD ripoff then?

hiver

What I'd like to see is the RTwP crowd (in the vote thread) to man the fuck up. Crying crocodile tears about cheating and bias and refunding isn't helping anyone, least of all their cause (unless of course that gets InXiles pants shaking, which I doubt). I don't remember seeing that bullshit with the TB crowd when we were losing. What ever gets chosen, everyone has to live with it and life fucking goes on; there's more to a game than decidedly infrequent combat. Being critical and defensive over one's preferences and even butthurt is all well and good, even expected, but Jesus...

That said; I am extremely glad the incline is on the road for victory. :smug:

Honestly, I'm quite surprised that so many backers are voting in favor of TB combat for a spiritual successor to a RTwP game. If anything, I expected RTwP to dominate, especially amongst "nostalgia backers", who don't really give a shit about in-depth differences between the two systems and just want another storyfag/adventure experience.

Additionally to both posts - fact is that all of us here and the rest of TB voters have all together played all possible types of games including all possible ever made RPGs with all systems.
Its not like there are no whole threads dedicated to all possible ever made RTWP games around here - for example.
And all bethesda games and all bioware games and all new ones coming up.

So, as answer to both - thats just losers pretending they have a special relationship with PsT or that type of gameplay - as if they own it - so their consideration should be taken more seriously - while the "others" are some "other dudes".

But thats really the reason why so many backers are voting for TB. Its those same "nostalgic backers" or "PST true fans" or however.
Thats actually every single of us that backed it.
There is no divide or actual difference along that line - actually, -we are all those nostalgic fans. Its just that some of us like action games more and some, like we, think it will be even better with TB combat - where the original lacked - according to majority.
And some cry a bit more.

~RAGING BONER~

Learned
Don't mind Retard Boner, he's one of those with a very important life who can't waste time with TB combat.
I never understood why these people with so many importand things (tm) to do are playing games at all. It's a waste of their valuable time.
it's called slumming it...

even classy guys like me with real responsibilities and social obligations like to indulge our baser, less noble natures with plebeian hobbies in the same manner as the dregs of society.

uaciaut

Augur
Meh, there are so many rtwp votes that i feel like inexile will likely make the game playable with rtwp AND turn-based if TB wins, this severely increasing their chances of screwing one or both modes up, which i wouldn't want. And it's not like TB doesn't have its' flaws, unlike what most advocates of it seem to think.
Either way i just hope it's a well thought-up and implemented system.

hiver

flag as inappropriate a few hundred times.
https://torment.uservoice.com/forum...mail-bikini-clad-babes-with-bfgs-because-why-

guess some want to be really low about it in that laughable crude way.

Zaresh commented · November 24, 2013 8:35 am ·
Yeah! Diablo style REAL time! Give me a quickbar and a bunch of customizable keys and let me PLAY my character. If there isn't much combat in the game to begin with, why is this hard to achieve done well? Making it this way doesn't necessarily make it "twitch."

uuuhhhh...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom