Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter STASIS - An Indie Space Adventure Game - now with CAYNE DLC

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
:hero:

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
In before the creeping realization hits home: you have to actually make the game now.

There is no way out.

We are watching.

Always...

watching...

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
Thanks guys!

We actually made it to number 4 before being Greenlit. I was really holding out for number 1! :D

FrancoTAU

Cipher
We'll have to wait to see if you can make a good game, but Pyke has some serious art talent. Really pretty 2D stuff going on here, some of the best solo work I've seen.

Robcat

Novice
Sweet merciful crap! How have I not been aware of this man and game? Serves me right for overlooking the news article because *adventure* I suppose, what a fool I've been. At least I found out in time to back...

To hear that Pyke is interested in perhaps one day bringing his talents and care to the realm of RPGs makes me... more than a little hopeful. Go on Chris, you know you can't ignore the delicious challenge of the complete game experience ;-)

I can't say I've ever seen more beautiful 2D Isometric art than some of the stuff posted ITT.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Mark Morgan soundtrack seems like a lock at this point. So, when Stasis is released, Pyke will have made a game which both looks and sounds significantly better than Broken Age, for less than 2% of the latter's final budget. :smug:

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
Cowboy - HA!

Robcat, please give the Alpha a try and let me know what you think!

Thought you guys may be interested in what the STASIS Hint book will look like....here are 2 pages from it.
Each page will be a completely unique design!

2e13fddb3ce62d15391d99b120fdb334_large.jpg

And here is a bit more information on the prequel chapter:

STASIS: Cayne
"All empires are built on blood" - Hendry Cayne

7f56d44c33d71ddcbbfbeab282195c32_large.jpg

Stasis: Cayne is a prequel story set in the STASIS universe. It tells the story of Hendry Cayne and the true origins of Cayne Corporation.

I'm very excited about this chapter, because the aesthetic of the Cayne chapter will be different to what you see in the rest of STASIS. (It's a look at what is in store for the future of The Brotherhood!)

The STASIS: Cayne chapter will be completed and released concurrently with STASIS... IFwe hit our final stretch goal of $140 000.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Mark Morgan soundtrack seems like a lock at this point. So, when Stasis is released, Pyke will have made a game which both looks and sounds significantly better than Broken Age, for less than 2% of the latter's final budget. :smug:

:bro::bro::bro::bro::bro:

Robcat

Novice
Don't tempt me Pyke ;-) I don't tend to play alphas or demos, I prefer to research as much as I can about a game and take a punt. One of my favourite things about playing games is the sense of wonder and discovery as you boot one up for the first time, and Stasis especially is a game experience I want to go into completely fresh.

I didn't just go *ooh pretty.. back kickstarter*. You have been receiving some good feedback already and will no doubt get plenty more, you can do without mine I'm sure and I'm pretty confident I will enjoy this. In any event, let's just say I'm more than happy to back your first project and look forward to seeing what you may create or help create in the future.

Thank you for making this! :)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Pyke Let me just say that I'm astounded by how much of a PRO you were in putting together this campaign.

It would be really good if you could write an article about it for Gamasutra or something.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
How about a post-Kickstarter interview for the Codex :smug:? To be followed by a retrospective interview after the final release and thus complete the trilogy started with this one.

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Factoring in PayPal donations, the final stretch goal has been met.
Congratulations, Chris! You've put your heart into this campaign, and it showed. Looking forward to playing the fruit of your labour, just take your time and do it right.

VioletShadow

Sensate
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Yeah Congrats on the campaign. Makes me all warm&fuzzy inside to see promising and creative projects make it on Kickstarter. :D

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, this KS showed that Chris and his brother have very good management skills, and that's a big plus, especially when you undetrake the making of a full-fledged video game with the intent of featuring top-notch production values.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I'm really glad that this project got funded. Congrats Pyke.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom