Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter STASIS - An Indie Space Adventure Game - now with CAYNE DLC

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Congrats and well done Pyke! You worked your ass off and did a good Kickstarter. This is my single most anticipated game other than Underrail. :salute:

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
Thanks so much guys!

Ill be doing a proper postmortem on the campaign! We certainty learned a lot, but I think that everything very much ran how we planned it.

It took us 4 months of planning, and 3 people to get it all done at the end!

Its been SUCH a rush, and an amazing experience. I wrote an update just before we finished, but it pretty much sums up my feelings:

To the 4000+ members of The Brotherhood in the final 24 hours of this campaign

I know that the standard practice in the final 24 hours is a call to arms to spread the word about your project! However I feel that you; the backers, journalists, 'Let's Players',forum and community members from around the world....have gone above and beyond already and I want to take this time to thank you.

Three years ago I set out to create my ultimate adventure game. Drawing on a love of Science Fiction and a burning need to tell stories I envisioned Stasis.

Weekends, holidays and nights; Stasis is the result of hard work and pure passion.

My family can attest to the fact that just before we sent our Alpha Demo, my hands were shaking. The first thought that went through my head was "everyone is going to hate this...people aren't going to enjoy the game. It's slow...it's going to crash..."
I started to get feedback and at first I thought that people are just being kind. They didn't want to hurt an artists feelings. More and more people started to experience the world through the Alpha and I realized just how special Stasis is.

Taking Stasis to Kickstarter was not an easy decision. It took me a long time to weigh up the pros and cons. The thought of having other people put their money and support into my game scared me. To be honest, it still does! I knew that the world of Stasis needs more than a few spare hours to take it to its full potential. It needed MORE of me - and the only way that I could do that is with YOUR help.

This Kickstarter campaign has been an amazing journey. Through Stasis I have met so many amazing and talented people. Kickstarter is a special community that is built on giving - on the power of creating.

I now have the freedom to delve into Stasis and create the ultimate Adventure Game, the game that I wished someone else would make.

Through Kickstarter, Stasis will have one of the greatest composers in video games working to create an incredible tapestry of sound.
Through Kickstarter Stasis will get every waking moment of my time and energy to create a rich, diverse, and terrifying world.
Through Kickstarter Stasis will be ALIVE.

I want to reflect on everything that the 4000 strong collective of people has done; taking an unknown concept from an unknown developer and helping to make it into tangible reality.

From the bottom of my heart, I thank you.

-c
'It always seems impossible until its done.' - Nelson Mandela. 1918 - 2013.

FaChoi

Educated
Pyke. Your community site registration page could probably do with a wee reminder of the rewards matrix to help people determine if they are silver, gold or whatever.

Took me a little bit of looking around to find my level.

And while I'm at it, how will the beta be distributed?

Last edited:

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
Ill get Nic to see about the matrix!

We have a few ideas about distributing the Beta, but its far enough in the future for me to not stress too much about it right now... :D

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Mark Morgan has started working :)

"This is some scary shit !!! I love it!!!" - Mark Morgan
30111242f8b2ab4a79b315004b87345a_large.jpg

Palikka

Arcane
http://www.stasisgame.com/kickstarter-postmortem/
When Nic and I decided to take on Kickstarter we wanted to run the smoothest and best campaign possible. Now, while the road certainly wasn’t without its bumps and bruises, I think that the campaign for STASIS went remarkable well.

Below are a few thoughts and things to consider when setting up your own campaign. Some are obvious, and others are things that we only realized once we were neck deep into our campaign.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
This game is going to be nothing short of fucking amazing.

Chris, I hope you get recruited to teach some of the industry veterans a lesson in making 2d art and animations... and I hope they pay you shitloads of money and respect! You da man :)

DeepOcean

Arcane
I cant man....Ive spent all the cash already on hookers and blow. :D
Hey, following Tim's Schaefer example? I really hope that, at least, the hooker this time was an adventure game fan and demanded that you added real puzzles for a blow job.

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
Hey, following Tim's Schaefer example? I really hope that, at least, the hooker this time was an adventure game fan and demanded that you added real puzzles for a blow job.

She was a fan, but of 'modern' adventure games, so she just wanted a story and no puzzles. She kept screaming "YOU CANT HAVE BOTH!!!!!!"
I'm going to assume she was talking about the puzzles and story...

Last edited:

DeepOcean

Arcane

She was a fan, but of 'modern' adventure games, so she just wanted a story and no puzzles. She kept screaming "YOU CANT HAVE BOTH!!!!!!"
I'm going to assume she was talking about the puzzles and story...
They don't make hookers nowdays like they used to be in the old days.:lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom