Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PtD Bugs and technical difficulties

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
I now have a gamestopping CTD. When I leave the Citadel after blessing the dagger and the autotravel feature is disabled, the game crashes when I kill a major posessed (labeled 'strange creature') in the second encounter.

Always. Every time. There's no way around it either :(

SpookyFM

Novice
Happened to me as well. I then avoided the second encounter by going around them to the docks. The game crashed at the encounter there as well. Then I reloaded and tried again. And again. And again. And again. Then I gave up, waited a day and tried again. Then it worked. I don't know why, I didn't do anything differently...
Well, I don't know if this solves your problem, but maybe if you avoid the second encounter (I went all the way to the river, then to the south), you will be able to finish the game. Hope it works for you as well.

eth

Novice
Bugs i encountered in 1.7 (the 1.8 link on the other thread just doesn't work)

There's a bug that happens while you skillup. Problem of the code is that it calculates the MODIFIED skill values to determine if an attribute increase happens from 29->30, 49->50. (yes i have a power of flame character with something like 38 endurance and he is still at 30something skill). Also the same kind of bug asks you to spent 2 skill points to level for example from 18->19 while wearing an item that gives a +4 to that skill.

Also, maybe not a bug and sure not the same thing i described above: 18 endurance 18 speed guardian starts up with 20 endurance 20 speed which is kinda weird considered there isn't anything like that bonus, in the profession description. Same thing happens with 18 endurance wanderer which starts with 22 or 24 endurance -don't remember- instead of 20 according to the profession description.

Ah and finally - dunno maybe that's ok the impact is small - you can wield a weapon that needs 12 strength on a 10 strength character on the 2nd round after a Growth spell.

Edit: Another one was with the Kalisco NPC. I had her join my party from the very beginning, lvling her skills etc and at some point i noticed she had 20 speed (from her original 12) while i hadn't lvl any of the skills that gives speed. Also her armor was at about 30 while i hadn't trained that either or had her being hit thus naturally training it. Funny thing with the 20 speed though was that the Action Points were still 12. And all that was saved in a file, was not just in-memory error.
hmm just read about the speed thing (which seems to appear together with the armor thing?) on the other thread about 1.8 - another guy had it as well. Kalisco was both Leader for me and placed on upper-left spot out of the 6 possible spots you can place a character.

Ah and last one i hope: when you train in a trainer the 29->30, 49->50 attribute increases just won't happen if you begin at lets say 27 and end up at 33.

eth

Novice
More bugs + things to avoid:

* If you drink a potion (whichever you choose) and then save the game before the potion expires then that saved game is corrupted in the manner that if you load it, the result of the potion (ie. the +3 strength lets say) won't be substracted from the character that used the potion but from some other. This doesn't happen with all of the characters but with some of them.

* I think there's a problem on dismissing party members while not being on the main world map (eg some cave). The dismissed party member will just disappear from the world.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom